It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous Hack's Palin's Yahoo Email

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Do you guys know who Anon are. They are a group of internet people, that are mostly between the ages of 16-25. They sit on their computers and do stuff like this for fun. Why because they can.

I know people who are of this group. And by no means are they to be taken seriously in anything political. They don't care who the next president will be, all they care about is having fun, and pissing people off.

To my fellow Anons, keep on trucking.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
You got it again Blaine.

A lot of people are going to agree with you on this too. No matter what turns up with these emails, people are going to see the bigger picture that a crime was committed here in invading her privacy.

As as I said.

Backfire.

BIG TIME.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Privacy ? You mean i cant look at her email but she can watch mine? Hmmmm

We lost that "right" why do i care if she has it ? Heck every email sent in the last few years is sitting on a server somewhere to be used against me if needed .

Privacy....humph Not so fun now that the shoe is on the other foot eh?

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by d11_m_na_c05

I'd like to see some evidence that Sarah Palin is watching your email account please.

I'd also like to see some proof that all of your emails are sitting on a server somewhere waiting to be used against you.

I'll wait....

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Yes hacking is illegal, find the people and prosecute them.

But haven't they just proven that Mrs. Palin can't be trusted? She doesn't even follow the rules and shes the Govenor.

Tranparency laws are there for a reason and for her to circumvent them is unacceptable.

Edit: of course if its true.

[edit on 17-9-2008 by ATruGod]

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   

I'm not buying it. If I broke into your house you would be pissed off. You might even shoot me.

Yes government documents should be an open book. No, private emails should not. These were private email accounts, not .gov accounts.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Yahoo is not a reliable e-mail if you don’t want people seeing your personal information, which is why I use it just for communication with people I meet online while using safer, less easy to hack email accounts for anything important, like sending chucks of my stories to someone for critiquing.

You’d have to be pretty careless to be someone of her stature, involved in possible criminal activities, using yahoo to communicate with people. Especially if she uses it to also discuss issues she faces as Governor.

That however does not excuse the fact that these jack asses invaded her privacy.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ATruGod

I know one thing. You are going to get this thread closed. There are other sites for gossip and smear campaigns.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537

These were her personal email accounts. These were not official government accounts. They contained personal information and pictures.

I think the concern is that she was using a personal account to conduct government business, hence avoiding the kind of transparency and accountability which one would expect. But since the Wikileaks page doesn't give us the full text of all her email correspondence, we can't say for sure - maybe it was purely personal. I'm not sure what kind of regulations exist for government email accounts but I believe all messages would be archived for a lengthy period of time.

As for the whole partisan issue, I'm fine with the mudslinging on either side of the aisle because I don't believe you can be a serious candidate for any high-level office without having already "sold out" to interests hostile to the general public and the ideals of freedom. I'll be happy to see anyone bringin' down Obama, Biden, McCain or Palin...now there is a veritable ship full of fools!

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

So I am not allowed an opinion? Thats all it was.

No really how in the heck is my opinion going to get this thread closed?

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Harvestfreak

To all the Anons:

May you be caught soon and prosecuted. Get a job. Get a life.

To the underage Anons:

Slap your Parents for not raising you better

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I totally agree that hacking into her email account is reprehensible and those that did it should be caught and punished severely.

However, the point that should also be taken from this is that it looks like she has used that account (the yahoo one) to conduct government business, which is a big no no as it circumvents accountability. All politicians are given a government account, are to use this, and ONLY this for government business so that all emails can be saved, and retreived if need be. By using a yahoo account, she bypasses that rule. Perhaps not on purpose, but still, doesn't look too good on her considering this type of thing is being looked at in the ongoing investigation going on.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATruGod
reply to post by Blaine91555

So I am not allowed an opinion? Thats all it was.

No really how in the heck is my opinion going to get this thread closed?

I honestly don't know! The point you raise is exactly what the Wikileaks page mentioned...that this is a concern not because it was a "personal" account but because she was using it to avoid the transparency that comes from using the official government email accounts. Granted it may be mostly speculation, but given the facts, justified to some extent....even if politically motivated, your comments did not constitute a smear attack IMO.

Just to clarify...I didn't start this thread with any intention of Palin bashing. As I said in my last post, I don't care for any Repugnantcan any more than the Democrap. I just thought this was a rather interesting story.

Apparently Max Headroom pwns Palin (see the other post about the latest Anon vid
)

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ATruGod

So I overreacted. Shoot me

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
It's ridiculous that a topic like this gets derailed by those defending the "sweet innocent Mrs. Palin",instead of discussing the topic at hand.

Who cares if her privacy was violated? Really....if it were McCain or Obama,noone would give two craps,but because it's the republican Lucille Ball everyone is up in arms.

For the most part people come to this site looking for truth,and answers.

Well guess what? The only way you're going to get those answers in this day and age is to take them.It is just plain naive to think that politicians will be honest with us at this point.

So bravo Anonymous.....Bravo hackers.

Don't take any guff from these swine.

Doc

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Anonymous deals with fighting Scientology.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

I never made it partisan, you did - which is why I am a little confused over that decision. Let me explain:

1) Why would the media saying, "Palin's account hacked" backfire on the Obama?

2) Anyone who watches the news (conservative news especially) knows that saying anything to do with Palin will "backfire" on Obama. It's a glorified buzzword.

3) Nothing happened. Someone did something illegal and you discussed how it's going to hurt Obama.

You turned it from a hacker into Palin v Obama. That's all I was responding to.

*Edit:

Example: Google search on "Palin Backfire"

Google

But hey, they can censor me all they want. I don't mudsling, never have, never will. I advocate against it, which is why I had to call you out on your buzzword "backfire".

[edit on 17-9-2008 by Sublime620]

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tomis_Nexis
Anonymous deals with fighting Scientology.

Yes, that is the cause they are best known for. I believe it was stated that this hack was perpetrated by people "loosely affiliated with" Anonymous. The very nature of the group makes it impossible to pin down a specific mission statement or individual members...the "goals" of Anonymous seem to be whatever is done in their name.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by shipovfools

The list of emails include an exchange with Alaskan Lieutenant Governor Sean Parnell about his campaign for Congress.

Another screenshot shows Palin's inbox and an e-mail from Amy McCorkell, whom Palin appointed to the Governor's Advisory Board on Alcoholism and Drug Abuse in 2007.

The e-mail, a message of support to Palin, tells her not to let negative press get to her and asks Palin to pray for McCorkell, who writes that "I need strength to 1. keep employment, 2. not have to choose."

OK, a non-story.

Emails about campaigns are not allowed on the government email system.

A message of support and a request from a Friend to pray, is not government business and would have been inappropriate on her government email account also.

Brings me back to the only story being the crime committed.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Seriously, if this woman doesn't have the damn sense not to send government business on a yahoo email account, does she have the ability to be VP or God forbid President?!!!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join