It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fatwa Issued against Mickey Mouse-'Mickey must die'-unislamic

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Fatwa Issued against Mickey Mouse-'Mickey must die'-unislamic

www.foxnews.com

He may have survived the battle with the brooms in “Fantasia,” but now Mickey Mouse has to contend with Islam.

Calling the loveable Disney rodent “one of Satan’s soldiers,” Sheikh Muhammad Munajid said household mice and their animated counterparts must be rubbed out, the U.K.’s Daily Telegraph reported Monday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 17/9/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 03:24 AM
link   
sorry got that mixed up

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 03:30 AM
link   
This fatwa business is getting too ridiculous for words. Mickey bloody Mouse for fsake. I do not recall ever seeing MM do anything bad...
maybe some moslem person can enlighten me as to why MM is a danger to Islam?

I sometimes feel that Islam would like to wipe western culture fr0m the face of the earth.

I do not like to think like that.

Will we ever see tolerance? I think not in my lifetime

res

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Here is the link to the Daily Telegraph article about the mouse hating clwww.telegraph.co.uk... cleric who also talks about how happy Satan was at the 'Bikini Olympics'that were staged recently-I am beginning to feel like clicking the heels of my shiny red shoes together and chanting 'There's no place like home,there's no place like home' in the hope I get whisked out of the madness asap...anyway..

Sorry ,i have a raging cold and keep ballsing things up

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by resistancia
This fatwa business is getting too ridiculous for words. Mickey bloody Mouse for fsake. I do not recall ever seeing MM do anything bad...

I sometimes feel that Islam would like to wipe western culture fr0m the face of the earth.

res
Well,there are two articles and a video (on the Fox site)to 'explain 'this but I think all the Marvel and DC comic book heroes are joining forces to fight this evil as we speak.Hollywood is going to have a feild day on this one and quite rightly so.But I'd just like to say if the Islamic pillocks even think about coming after 'Oor Wuillie' or 'The Broons'they will find that (as in the words of the Scottish bloke who fought off the terrorists at Glasgow airport)alot of angry Scottish people will 'set aboot ye'.Fancy your chances against an army of alcholocically assisted angry GlaswegiansI slamisists?I can assure you ,you learn the true meaning of a holy war as you feel a million 'tackity boots' contact your derrierres..

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   
candyfloss,

thanks for the link to the tele (I had a prob linking to fox) Ok..

So just because mice are evil in Islam, MM needs to be killed? This is another case of some tryhard Moslem cleric trying to assert Islamic views on the whole world. Do these people not understand that it is views like this that are the casue for alientation; this mindset does nothing to foster understanding and bridge gaps between cultures.

It is ridiculous but on the other hand, a bit sad too because it says something about the intelligence of these people.

Just curious...How do you kill a cartoon mouse?

get well soon

res

[edit on 17-9-2008 by resistancia]

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I don't know whether anyone saw the original Daily Telegraph report that the Foxnews article linked to, but there were some great quotes/translations:

Last month Mr Munajid condemned the Beijing Olympics as the "bikini Olympics", claiming that nothing made Satan happier than seeing females athletes dressed in skimpy outfits.

I know everyone likes to chill out and relax, but who'd have thought that this was Satan's biggest pleasure in life?

Mickey Mouse has become an awesome character, even though according to Islamic law, Mickey Mouse should be killed in all cases.

From a food hygiene point of view, it's hard to fault the actual premise of much of the article, but culturally? It just seems a bit backward to me. In Britain, there's been media stories about cultural clashes for years over pigs, then dogs. Whilst I thought it was only a matter of time before another animal bogey-man appeared, I'd have never have thought it was mice.

Daily Telegraph

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 03:48 AM
link   
If this is for real , how can the rest of the world take the Islamic culture seriously when obvious nutters like this speak out in the name of Islam??

All I can say is :

How are they going to get Mickey Mouse place a cartoon carbomb next to his cartoon place of work??

or maybe get a cartoon hitman to 'whack' him as he leaves a cartoon bar?

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by candyfloss

Anything that starts with Faux News as a source might as well be about Batboy, or Elvis and his bigfoor wife.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 03:51 AM
link   

res

Perhaps you should talk to an actual Muslim, then you would not soud like an ignorant redneck. There is nothing true in any of the things you are ranting against. You are angry about things that are not true and seem to have no curiousity to find the truth. Talk to a Muslim. Do not take Fox news for a factual orginization.

[edit on 17-9-2008 by MorningStar8741]

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Mickey Mouse is not real it cant die its a puppet.
So what is the point of saying this?

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Interestinggg

DING DING DING!!!! You might think an actual journalist would quetion that as well before reporting such nonsense.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by MorningStar8741

res

Perhaps you should talk to an actual Muslim, then you would not soud like an ignorant redneck. There is nothing true in any of the things you are ranting against. You are angry about things that are not true and seem to have no curiousity to find the truth. Talk to a Muslim. Do not take Fox news for a factual orginization.

Er no,he is not an ignorant redneck.May I remind you death threats have been issued over cartoos before as i the Danish case and Van Gogh's anti -Islamic film lead him to being shot in broad daylight on Amsterdam streets and the Islamic/Dutch lady who tries to stand up for womens rights in Holland has to live in hiding for fear of her life ,so I ask you who si ignorant here(and possibly insane)and who is the 'redneck'.Why don't you talk to a muslim and report back to us and we'll listen to what you have to say..

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 04:12 AM
link   

So, issuing a death threat against an artist for what has already been stated as in insult to the religion. Do not tell me that noone thought the cartoon would cause trouble. And a man being shot over a film, is the same as targeting an actual cartoon character?

I am sorry but perhaps you need to check the Danish story again, there were no death threats issued against the cartoon itself.

I am in very close communication with Muslims. Anything you would like me to pass along?

I forgot to mention the difference between a cartoon character and an "anti-islamic film" maker but I would hope anyone can see that.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Anything that starts with Faux News as a source might as well be about Batboy, or Elvis and his bigfoor wife.

Anybody who does'nt bother to look at the news sources provided before making dozy comments is lazy and do not think for themsleves.Check the references-The Daily Telegraph is a UK newspaper.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by candyfloss

Anybody who does'nt bother to look at the news sources provided before making dozy comments is lazy and do not think for themsleves.Check the references-The Daily Telegraph is a UK newspaper.

Sigh. What I said was, "anything that starts with...." Please reread the OP and tell me does it start with the Daily Telegraph or Fox News?

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Interestinggg

Mickey Mouse is a puppet?Where do live?In someone eles'es head?Google 'Disney'

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 04:19 AM
link   

So, issuing a death threat against an artist for what has already been stated as in insult to the religion. Do not tell me that noone thought the cartoon would cause trouble. And a man being shot over a film, is the same as targeting an actual cartoon character?

I am sorry but perhaps you need to check the Danish story again, there were no death threats issued against the cartoon itself.

I am in very close communication with Muslims. Anything you would like me to pass along?

I forgot to mention the difference between a cartoon character and an "anti-islamic film" maker but I would hope anyone can see that.

I'm sorry but what you wrote does'nt make any sense ,could you explainn yourself again.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by candyfloss

Sigh. What I said was, "anything that starts with...." Please reread the OP and tell me does it start with the Daily Telegraph or Fox News?

Well, to be fair, the Fox story is based on the Daily Telegraph's story:

Calling the loveable Disney rodent “one of Satan’s soldiers,” Sheikh Muhammad Munajid said household mice and their animated counterparts must be rubbed out, the U.K.’s Daily Telegraph reported Monday.

They link to the Telegraph's piece at the bottom of theirs too.

[edit on 17-9-2008 by Merriman Weir]

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 04:24 AM
link   
here is a link to a thread I started a few days ago about the same video.

Original Thread

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join