It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How good is the Iranian IRGC (ground forces)?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

[edit on 6-10-2008 by wantawanta]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I don't think too many Americans care what the military tiger of North America thinks.

Consider how well the Iranians did against Iraq. Mass idiots against mass idiots.

I agree that their fanatical nationalism and Islamic radicalism would be prime factors that would most certainly motivate the Iranians to fight.

Of course, to a knowing commander, those two characteristics would be utilized to bring these Iranians to your carefully prepared destruction and killing grounds.

20,000 American fast ground forces, resupplied by air, supported by air, could run amok all through Iran, assuming the commander realized that he was not to hold territory, not engage cities, and to keep moving.

No Iranian male, especially the Muslim fanatics, could meet the eyes of their nation, or their woman's, and not go to fight the Americans. And they would be in turn slaughtered as no slaughter in history.

If not for being able to purchase/copy/modify Western weapons and weapons systems, these clowns would still be using composite bows with wicker arrows, scratching their asses left-handed, betting on goat races.

Twenty-thousand American ground forces supported by air. The results would be exactly like other meetings between East and West through the millennia, and may reach a 400:1 kill ratio. Maybe more.

No one kills or wars like Westerners, and the most horrific battles have been Westerner against Westerner.

Iran a military power? Yeah. Like Iraq's 4th largest military was a military power.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

You realize that Iran and Russia are military Allies and it is Russians operating the nuclear power plants in Iran.... China has a defense pact with Iran also, so does Turkey and Egypt and they have allies and they have allies and they have pakistan - who also has nukes.

Iran has more allies than the USA - and even Canada hates the USA nowadays, so America's best good friend won't be tagging along either on any War Crimes they may decide to commit against Iran.

The world has turned against America - you just haven't been properly told of that fact. America will play the same role as the Nazis is WW2 - and they also had 'Wonder Weapons'.... it's just the lunatics have now attached Mirvs to them.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthTellist

The world has turned against America?

Friend, you better ask yourself what would happen if America called in the dogs, whizzed on the fire, and declared this hunt over. Everyone can take care of your own crap, your own problems, and when one of these international bullies starts knocking countries off, one after another, don't come crying to the US. We've pulled Europe's bacon out of the fire twice, and I'll be damned if I'd let my sons go on another adventure.

Yeah. We make mistakes, but we keep trying. To hell with the rest of the world.

If it were me, I'd do like China, trade with everyone, pick one single client state to support (China has North Korea), specifically Israel and tell the rest of the world, including Canada, to kiss my ass. I'd continue to build the greatest weapons systems in the world, and not sell any supposed allies a damned thing. Let these majorities get slaughtered and maybe the survivors would reassess their past judgments.

I have Canadian jump wings from back in the day when the Canadian Airborne were some tough, crazy SOB's. I don't know what has happened to your country in the past few decades, but it isn't becoming, and if Canadians don't like America, I wish they'd stay the hell out.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Dooper,

We all know who the international bully is , thank you for clarifying on that.

United States is a powerful country built by powerful corporations.It is an empire built by corporations.
You cant even be the president in US without the support of the corporate elites.
Corporations need to be profitable. Every major US military envolvement in the last 20 years around the world was for a present or a future profit.
( There are the few odd ones that are for world opinion consumption usually against very weak countries under human rights sham slogan).

The point i am trying to make is that US will not attack Iran simply because its very expensive to do so and its corporate interests will be greatly threatened in middle east if not throughout the world.

Most of the retaliatory action that Iran has stated to do if attacked by US is toward US interest NOT the US military. And the truth is that US military can not gaurantee to protect the corporate interests in that area.

Yes, Iran will lose a 500 million dollar nuclear plant and couple hundred millions more due to ariel bombardments , but the lost to US corporations in energy and the financial sector would be in the billions.

This is not to say than Iran will be useless military, but they are playing all their cards like pros.

Now dooper, you talk about sending the dogs in, and i am telling you that your dogs have their balls in the politician hand. And the politicians have their balls in the corporation hands. If you really like to get in a war with Iran, you first have to know which shoe to lick to show off your military power.

Its not going to happen with Iran.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthTellist
reply to post by dooper

You realize that Iran and Russia are military Allies and it is Russians operating the nuclear power plants in Iran.... China has a defense pact with Iran also, so does Turkey and Egypt and they have allies and they have allies and they have pakistan - who also has nukes.

Iran has more allies than the USA - and even Canada hates the USA nowadays, so America's best good friend won't be tagging along either on any War Crimes they may decide to commit against Iran.

The world has turned against America - you just haven't been properly told of that fact. America will play the same role as the Nazis is WW2 - and they also had 'Wonder Weapons'.... it's just the lunatics have now attached Mirvs to them.

Wrong! Iran does not have more allies than the US, i dont know where you got that garbage from. Oh wait a minute you may be right, Iran has North Korea, Syria, Malaysia, Venezuela and Bolivia, right? If you think Russia and China are allied with Iran more so than the US then you should be re-evaluating your grasp of world affairs, both political and fiscal. The US boasts allies in Canada, UK, Germany, France, China (yes china), Australia, Brazil, Spain, Saudi Arabia, Japan..... and almost every other country on the planet.

I'm afraid Russia and/or China will not be leaping to Irans defence in any conflict. They have a thirst for IRans reserves yes, but ideologically they are closer to US than a religious theocracy in Iran, especially a communist China.

[edit on 8-10-2008 by theblunttruth]

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by theblunttruth

If you stood up in the United Nations, and declared all-out total war against Iran and all its Allies, and asked for a showing of hands on which side they were on, I think you'd see Iran's supposed Allies evaporate faster than a fleapiss on hot asphalt.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Yeah, except America doesn't declare war anymore.

They just get an idea and go with it.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthTellist

Yeah. We don't declare war. We actually do just get on with it.

Ain't it cool?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join