It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon Researcher Unveils Warcraft Terror Plot

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Pentagon Researcher Unveils Warcraft Terror Plot

blog.wired.com

The American military and intelligence communities are increasingly worried that would-be bin Ladens might gather in a virtual world, to plan a real-life attack. But the spies haven\'t given many details, about how it might be done. Now, a Pentagon researcher has laid out how such a terror plot might unfold. The planning ground is World of Warcraft. The main target of this possibly nuclear strike: the White House.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 15/9/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
So this is what it has come too the terrorist plotting against the white house in WOW. Come on and they say we conspiracy theorist are the loony ones to watch out for!!!

blog.wired.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 15/9/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
This was announced a long time ago.
Why are they bringing this back up?

- Lee

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Lee's right, it's been suggested before here.

Why is it being brought back up?

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Yeah why would they use an encrypted messenger or anything when they could pay money to be in World of Warcraft and have their conversations seen by any mod there and kept in logs..

Sounds downright stupid to me.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   

As opposed to simply talking in any other chat line, game, forum, or pretty much anywhere which allows you to converse with other people?

Why World of Warcraft?

lol, I can't see anyone recruiting someone worthwhile anyways...

LEADER:
"New recruit, go plant the bomb at the discussed target"

RECRUIT:
"But I'm busy making my character dance, oh hey, a lvl 40 police officer, massive AGGRO!!!!!"

LEADER:
"... I should have recruited from Counterstrike"

OLD RECRUIT:
"BOOM HEADSHOT, OMG LOL, HAHAHA, OH NOES NADE!"

LEADER:
"Oh right... already tried that one."

[edit on 16-9-2008 by johnsky]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
You guys didn't know Osama Bin Laden is training his arcane mage talents, while hiding in a cave? Obviously, he's trying to rack up points in a 2v2 arena team, before WoLK comes out in 2 months.

Jeeze, and people say I've been living under a rock

[edit on 16-9-2008 by DJMessiah]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Just so you guys know.. This post has epic win written all over it..

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
As opposed to simply talking in any other chat line, game, forum, or pretty much anywhere which allows you to converse with other people?

Why World of Warcraft?

It's totally saturated with people. If they wanted to "hide" within a game, there probably isn't a better means. WoW is HUGE.

That said, this idea is absurd IMO.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
So yeah, they brought it up again.

I am thinking they just want to play WOW and get paid for it, under the guise of looking for "terrorists". I am serious, I think that's what this is lol.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
remember dont quest with terrorists

they will ninja loot the good stuff then blow up your house for compalining

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Upon hearing this disconcerting news, president Bush met with top military leadership today to discuss the strategic implications of such a threatening move. This evening Bush held a press conference at the oval office to declare the formation of a new government agency - The Department of Warcraft Security. This bold new program involves the use of federal cyberspace marshals that will monitor various WOW servers disguised as normal players to engage in player vs player battles against the terrorists.

In his speech president Bush stated:

I know Americans are concerned about these new developments in terrorist activities. The Department of Warcraft Security will protect the freedoms America holds dear. We will meet the enemy in any place the terrorist gather and we will not sleep until the terrorist are defeated...

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Besides the fact that this is a re-hashed idea, the article has a misleading title. It makes it sound as if a researcher had actually found proof of a real 'terrorist' cell in WoW.

That isn't the case, this is nothing but some money draining idea that some one obviously came up with after smoking a bunch of crack after a night binging in a guild raid. Likely some analyst wasn't meeting quota and had to come up with some a new scenario to funnel money into an investigative team.

"LOL GUYZ i BET we cAN all getz PAID to raID!!###!!111"

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

I think you may have nailed it. I can just see a couple guys chatting at the watercooler...

"Hey, I've got an idea on how we can level up our characters at work without getting busted!"

"Nah, they'll never buy it."

(later that afternoon)

"SWEET!!! I can't believe they bought it! I mean really.. 'terrorists on WoW'?"

"Yeah, that bit about them 'flight training' on flying mounts was priceless!"

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   
My guild and I were going to level up some new Rogue alts to 70, sneak into the White House and pickpocket Dick Cheney. We were then going to use a Warlock to seduce Rice whilst we have our MT and OT taking on the Marine guards. Of course out the back is our trusty Resto Druid spamming those HoTs on all of us to keep us alive

It is all going to plan, although we fully expect a wipe or two leading up to the entrance to the first boss, Bush (who has some phat lewts like [Cape of the Fallen Screwup]).

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 04:38 AM
link   
well if the terrorists are spreading the word of islam and converting people as well as plotting the end of the USA

just wait for he influx of funndies to make it more godly and boot out the heathens

i wonder how long for the bumper stickers to start appearing

"Horde for the lord!"

"blessed is the dark elf for he knoweth the word of christ"

how long until the military start thier invasion of WOW, entire divisions dedicated to destroy the evil terrorists in guild raids and pvp. the military never looked more fun. and you dont even need all that fitness stuff either

free topnotch pc and WOW account

[edit on 16/9/08 by noobfun]

[edit on 16/9/08 by noobfun]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Everything under the sun is used for terrorism...

Plane
Car
Bus
Internet
Knife
Box Cutter
Gun & All weopons
Religion
Food & Water (poisening)
Air ( Need plastic and duct tape remember?)
The US mail system to send the anthrax
The borders to sneak them in

AND NOW VIDEO GAMES.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by '___'eed

Everything under the sun is used for terrorism...

Plane
Car
Bus
Internet
Knife
Box Cutter
Gun & All weopons
Religion
Food & Water (poisening)
Air ( Need plastic and duct tape remember?)
The US mail system to send the anthrax
The borders to sneak them in

You forgot to add 'Government Funding' to that list.

No biggie

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
Lee's right, it's been suggested before here.

Why is it being brought back up?

I believe its called a "slow news day."

Well, at least its interesting in a weird sort of way.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   
This is the best news I have ever heard...

Once the terrorists are in Warcraft thier real world plots are done, thier real lives are done, lets face it if there is anything more commanding of the human mind than blind subservience to Allah...

It's leveling

First technique they practice in raid fashion they are hooked and never going to bomb a damn thing.

they will have no choice but to play the game because they will keep getting killed on the way to meeting locations and have to level up, then all the seasoned terrorists have to power level the newbies and...

Then they aren't eating much but mountain dew and doritos, they start having problems with thier wives and kids... prayer time starts to diminish, the daily prayer to mecca goes out the door because of delays and bandwidth issues and other problems

Next.. Islam is just one bad ass guild

We did it we won the War on terror! American Cultural Imperialism wins again... it was only a matter of time

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join