It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My theory about UFO's.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
I had a similar notion, sightings, as recorded from the 1940's through to the 1990's tended to be disk, cigar shaped, and glowing. Current sightings tend to be angular and tube shaped, also "shape shifted" (my feeling is that the craft has rotated and presented a different view) and clusters of orbs grouped closely together, individual orbs and many other unusual shapes. It could be that the advent of personal image capturing equipment has given us a more sophisticated view of these phenomena and a wide descriptive base to define our sightings.
Another thought that I have pondered on is the descriptions of alien creatures, thaty do not seem to have changed much over the years, but certain types seem to be seen in certain areas, like for example hairy with red eyes also winged reptile like seen in puerto rico and mexico/central america.
Just my opinion, could be wrong.

since the 40 and 50s WE have been making our own craft....that could explain the change of design..

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienesque

since the 40 and 50s WE have been making our own craft....that could explain the change of design..

That's my point. Does that work with Hoax pictures too?

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by GodForbid

Well it is just a theory. The last 30 years the number of ufo sightings has dramatically increased all over the world. They want us to see them, but in a way we humans can handle it.
I think they take it slowly, so that over time more people became familiair with the notion that we are not alone in the universe. If they do something dramatic like land in the middle of London there would be great panic and chaos.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
With so much info on the topic of UFO. It would be hard not to think of course there is some fake info and real. The hard part is to choose which is which.

With that said, hard facts that are still being ignored is what really makes me shake my head. Of course without a ship sitting still for hours for media to cover it seems to be the only thing that will convice. Even then there will be an angle to make it seem like it was a hoax.

People always ask why dont they just come down and meet with us and show themselves. Why would they ??? REALLY ? THINK ABOUT IT ??? hard now...

Why would they we not so primal that we kill each other just over skin colour....over whatever god you praise etc... etc...

We cannot even be civil to one another let alone introduce another society with higher understanding of the universe. Technically more advanced then us on AIR. Ground and intelligence. How in the world would we as earthlings be able to handle such change and difference ?

Now really think about it hard now...because seeing alot of us are willing to accept change a majority will not.

A Majority would rather be sitting there watching TV instead of reading or wanting to learn. Acceptance comes from understanding.

With this said think about if you would really want to see a UFO or meet the people who are in it. Now what do you wanna know about them and why ? its not a question of if they exist, its more of a question of how enlightened are you with yourself to accept them

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   

John Keel wrote a book called "why ufos?" in the 70s about this topic.

if i remember correctly,

His basic idea was that humankind sees UFOs as a representaion of our fear of our tecnological evolution. UFOs tend to be the next step, something that is just starting to be scientifically understood or being experimented with.

2000 years ago they were described as flaming chariots, clouds things like that.

1700s some were seen as giant flying "sailing" ships

mid 1800s they were airships which were just staring to be developed.

1940s -1960s they became saucers and missiles. The saucer shape was experimented with by various militaries (which they couldnt perfect supposedly) and missles were just being understood.

Now its become giant lights with strange shapes doing things we know aircraft cannot do.

Its all relative to what you understand is possible.

Now its obvioulsy not this cut and dry with what people have reported , but there does seem to be sort of gradual evolution.

check out the book, its pretty good

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Logically if there traveling at very high speeds it would'nt be man made obviously because your brain can't drive something that fast without screwing up.

Picture yourself driving a car at the speed of light.

Also what makes you think all UFO's should be one shape or brand?
We have so many different cars here on earth obviously aliens would have a bunch of different spaceships for different situations like abducting, observing and for under water maybe, who knows.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by buds84

Logically if there traveling at very high speeds it would'nt be man made obviously because your brain can't drive something that fast without screwing up.

Picture yourself driving a car at the speed of light.

Also what makes you think all UFO's should be one shape or brand?
We have so many different cars here on earth obviously aliens would have a bunch of different spaceships for different situations like abducting, observing and for under water maybe, who knows.

Firstly, I'm not sure what you meant by your first sentence, who's driving cars at the speed of light? Who's driving anything at the speed of light?

I never said all UFO's should be one shape or brand. What I mean is they seem to look like our stuff on earth does.

I find it hard to explain my point, but the styling and imagination behind the design of a lot of the ufo's we see in pictures seems to follow similarly to our tech here at home. I mean, If you were to imagine right now, the most technologically advance space ship you can imagine, take a picture of it, and keep it for 50 years. I bet you in 50 years your super modern space ship will end up looking a little 50 years ago. Because it's very hard to imagine things that don't exist yet. And that's kind of what I'm saying. Some of these UFO's look old, because the hoaxer, could only imagine so far ahead.

Still very hard to explain, maybe if someone understands what I mean they could put it a little better for me.

Before people curse me for not believing in aliens / ufo's. Please don't. I believe in both. Only I think we can all agree that there are definitely hoaxes, and I think this is a good way of spotting some of them.

Originally posted by drock905

John Keel wrote a book called "why ufos?" in the 70s about this topic.

if i remember correctly,

His basic idea was that humankind sees UFOs as a representaion of our fear of our tecnological evolution. UFOs tend to be the next step, something that is just starting to be scientifically understood or being experimented with.

2000 years ago they were described as flaming chariots, clouds things like that.

1700s some were seen as giant flying "sailing" ships

mid 1800s they were airships which were just staring to be developed.

1940s -1960s they became saucers and missiles. The saucer shape was experimented with by various militaries (which they couldnt perfect supposedly) and missles were just being understood.

Now its become giant lights with strange shapes doing things we know aircraft cannot do.

Its all relative to what you understand is possible.

Now its obvioulsy not this cut and dry with what people have reported , but there does seem to be sort of gradual evolution.

check out the book, its pretty good

This is an excellent point. Thanks a lot for adding it in here.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join