It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Radio Station?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I'm just curious, but had anyone ever thought about making a radio station just about ATS? A radio station that goes over the important posts or analyzes ideas/theories sent in by listeners? I was listening to a news channel on the radio today and this little idea popped in my head? If noone has thought of a Radio Station, would it be a fairly good idea?

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Thats an interesting idea. Maybe ATS members could make personal 'news flashes' (in Wav or MPG formats) and email them to Simon or SkepticOverlord to be accepted before having them put in a 'sound archive'.

I would think that actually making an ATS radio show would be prohibitively expensive unless members were willing to contribute financially. Which I will be happy to do once those bastards from INS give me a work permit.

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I actually think that's a good idea, although I'd have no idea about how to implement it.

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 07:17 AM
link   
It would be a good idea but too much hassle for Simon i reckon.

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 07:47 AM
link   
It's a good idea. Radio is the least expensive media out there. After your initial outlay for the equiptment there is little overhead other than staffing. I wonder how you would propose it to the FCC?

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Uh thats probably a bit too far fetched at the moment guys.

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 08:04 AM
link   
True Kano, all you need in this day is a computer, but if you went ,say to tv, you would never get an audience looking at my sorry old ass.

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Do any of you have the vaguest idea of how much setting up a radio station costs?

1. Equipment, Facilities and staff, maintenance.
2. Licenses from the various organisations.
3. Copyrights, licenses, contracts, deals.

We just break even with google ads... Radio would cost around $20,000 MINIMUM even to start.

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Internet radio's are becoming pretty popular, and all it takes is simple programs to use
There's even internet television now that more and more people are taking advantage of. If you get Winamp 5, you can watch webcasts and listen to internet radio's.

[Edited on 21-3-2004 by pyxsul]

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   
The problem with internet radio is bandwidth. Shoutcast tends to consume large ammounts of bandwidth once you start having large numbers of people tune in. As for ease to setup, pyxsul is right, its just a few programs that add in to winamp, and tada you have a shoutcast station. I will admit however that being a DJ on a shoutcast station is fairly fun, but it takes some getting used to.

[Edited on 21-3-2004 by alternateheaven]

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 12:15 PM
link   
An ATS radio station would cost too much money. Even if we did somehow get the funding for it, we would still need someone to be the host of the show. It would just be too much work to do and not worth the work.

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   
OK, has anyone got any links to find out how much it would cost exactly?

I mean say there was, for example, 10 members who wanted to actually be involved in the running of an ATS radio station. I'm sure that splitting the cost of this between them wouldn't be that bad.

I know I'd be up for it, as long as I get to pick the tunes.

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   
here you go , don't know if this will help

radio.about.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 12:48 PM
link   
To be honest i dont think it would be as big a hit as the website itself.

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by drunk
To be honest i dont think it would be as big a hit as the website itself.

Of course not, but it would be fun.

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Fun for about a week or 2 i guess but after that the novelty would die off.

I mean ppl might start listening to the station rather than visiting the site and this place might be a dead,now that would be a terrible thing dont you think?

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by drunk
Fun for about a week or 2 i guess but after that the novelty would die off.

I mean ppl might start listening to the station rather than visiting the site and this place might be a dead,now that would be a terrible thing dont you think?

Well people get to reply to the site and add their ideas, which they wouldn't on the radio, so I don't see how that makes any sense.

I don't see how the novelty would wear off either if you actually like doing it, a bit like posting here don't you think?

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Well its just what i think i mean i maybe wrong(as usual)!

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   
The upside we have here is distance covered, worldwide. With a radio station, if your not on the net, you have a limitted range. Where are you going to broadcast from, NY,LA? You may reach a lot of people, you may not. If you did, there is a huge area that you don't reach.

posted on Mar, 21 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
intrepid online radio isn't the same as normal radio, anyone can listen to it. It's pre-recorded and then stored I think, then you play it kind of thing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join