It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The newest Anonymous video: "WE RUN THIS."

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
The reason why they never SAID that they stole it is because people who steal never TELL about it. I believe the guy above you. They do need to get an original idea and stop riding the coat tails of others accomplishments. It just seems like the path to least resistance which is otherwise known as laziness.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Zepherian

Well in this case I think they are using the V for Vendetta-type masks because of the V for Vendetta movie and the idea of power to the people and all that. I don't think Anonymous has any ties to old school occult activities.

And while I agree that they should not have to wear masks, the CoS does have spies and legal resources, and people were encouraged to wear masks at peaceful protests where allowed by law, simply to avoid being persecuted by CoS representatives and legal staff.

Oh, and GO ANONYMOUS!!!!!

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Foxe
Something everyone must know,or already knows.

Every single file, every single on-paper printed document, every single bit of data whether it be hard-data or virtual... has a signature.

It would be relatively easy for a govt. agency or a corporation to figure out who made this video, what programs & hardware they used, and when it was actually made.

that's not accurate. A "bit" of data doesn't have an embedded signature. It can't since it's only a bit. having a signiture would require additonal bits.

Likewise, you can tell what codec a video was encoded with, but you will not be able to tell the software, hardware, time or people involved in making the video, unless they record it from their handycam and upload directly to youtube, with all metadata intact. No, it's very simple to just convert the video to another format, which strips all the extra info.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I really don't know where to begin with this topic, which is similar to how I feel with other "Anonymous" topics.

All I know is that "Anonymous" is incredibly easy to control. I won't say how I know, but I've seen hundreds of users being controlled by one user at one time. All it takes is knowledge of the in-jokes and particular language.

Personally, I believe this Scientology thing is nothing more than a well-calculated diversion to keep them away from other stuff. Also, 95% of the people you see posting in protest on the Internet or out there protesting don't usually have full knowledge of all of what they're protesting - they just go for the lulz and to hang out with other people from there.

"Anonymous" should not be underestimated, over-exaggerated, and misinterpreted, and "Anonymous" is one of the areas that ATS really needs to learn more about.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
It was so annoying, I couldn't even watch over a minute of it.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I love your signature, by the way, it's the absolute truth.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
While I'm sure there are some members of Anonymous who DO believe in "fighting the good fight," sadly, that is not who they are as a whole. The Scientology thing, while laudable, was more a fluke than anything. Anonymous is nothing more than a rowdy gang of internet ADD kids who like to harass people for the sake of "lulz." Scientology was an easy target, and they got lots of media coverage for it, so now people see them as some sort of right-minded revolutionaries.

Here's an example of who they really are. The LA train crash that happened the other day had a hotline that you could call to find out if your loved ones were okay. Last night, Anonymous spammed this hotline with pointless obscenities, just for the fun of it. Does that sound noble to you?

The problem with an "organization" like this is that by its very nature, it is de-centralized and anonymous, and so anybody anywhere can be a part of it. So while there may be some noble people in it looking to expose the "bad guys" for what they are, the vast majority of Anonymous is overrun with hormone-overloaded 15-year-olds. These kids are not worthy of your praise.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Anonymous is nothing but a bunch of basement dwelling script kiddies/newfags 4chan is nothing what it was before..it's a embarrasment full of these underage fags.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
You do all realize that anonymous is just a bunch of people on 4 chan sitting around talking smack on people right?

It's not a real group they call themselves anons or anonymous people because that what they are on the internet, anonymous they are no real group or threat to anyone or anything who doesn't retaliate. Just a bunch of trolls who do things individually and have been lumped into a group by media hype.

Don't believe the media hype.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Wintermute

that being said do you think they should just stop? No mater what peaple will take a good thing and turn it into a bad thing. So the ones that actualy try to educate us fall short because of the ones abuseing him but should they give up? or are you saying they should they lose there anonmality (most likely i just made that word up sorry) because of the abusers and potentiatly be harmed.

or are you saying none of this and i misinterpreted what you said.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Scientology's internet insurgent, I love it. Granted I'm not up to speed on all of Anonymous's doings, but something tells me their in it for the common man. This puts them in line with my feelings on this psuedo church, 911. and hopefully if they use this strategy correctly the NWO. Guerilla tactics are the only thing going for the little guy when turned "Insurgent" by a larger enemy. Just ask the U.S Military on that one.
The Undertaker

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkmdbeener
reply to post by Wintermute

that being said do you think they should just stop? No mater what peaple will take a good thing and turn it into a bad thing. So the ones that actualy try to educate us fall short because of the ones abuseing him but should they give up? or are you saying they should they lose there anonmality (most likely i just made that word up sorry) because of the abusers and potentiatly be harmed.

or are you saying none of this and i misinterpreted what you said.

Essentially, Anonymous is the de-facto villain of the internet, being a group of people with a rather bizarre sense of humor who like to mess with people. The majority AREN'T social paragons, with some kind of righteous crusade against Scientology. Most are in it because it's worth a laugh.

They should continue, because Scientology pretty much had it coming, and wastes a lot of time and money in retaliation. Not all press is good press, and they generally get the unfavorable light in coverage.

After seeing the events unfold, I really wish there were constitutional provisions for the right to anonymity. There are all kinds of times I'd rather be nobody.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Has Max Headroom been eating mushrooms?

Don't drink the koolaid and don't eat the Scientology mushrooms...

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by GetOutOfMyRabbitHole
reply to post by Zepherian

Well in this case I think they are using the V for Vendetta-type masks because of the V for Vendetta movie and the idea of power to the people and all that. I don't think Anonymous has any ties to old school occult activities.

And while I agree that they should not have to wear masks, the CoS does have spies and legal resources, and people were encouraged to wear masks at peaceful protests where allowed by law, simply to avoid being persecuted by CoS representatives and legal staff.

Oh, and GO ANONYMOUS!!!!!

They wear the masks in homage to Epic Fail Guy, the finest "drawfag" ever to sail the seven Internets. Epic Fail Guy wore the mask most likely because the artist liked the movie V for Vendetta.

He found the mask in a trash can, after failing to eat a taco, and became a meme.

EDIT: also because masks allow anonymity in real life, which is an important part of the nature of the protests.

[edit on 14-9-2008 by mdiinican]

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by mdiinican

I did not know that. That is uh, interesting... I am not even gonna pretend I know what that all meant. :-)

Oh, and about the masks... I was talking about how lots of people who learned about the protests via the internet often showed up to the protests in masks. I assumed they did that for the aforementioned reasons.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Interesting group, the idea is superb but as mentioned by another poster earlier, this form of organization is decentralized and ultimately suffer from lack of credibility from it and due to them being anonymous. However, I totally understand the need for anonymity.

Is there a group (that anyone is aware 0f), that actually are powerful and structured enough to take on the higher echelons of power, such as the Illuminati? If anyone could post a name that would be great, sorry for the deviation.

Great vid too, get over the first minute and its ok.

Peace

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
The Masks. The Cult. Anonymous.

The Cult of scientology has a long history of severely harassing it's critics. When Time Magazine spent a great deal of time investigating the cult, and then published an article calling them "a thriving cult of greed and power," the cult retaliated by stalking and harassing those involved in the article for several years. Time Magazine

As part of their "fair game" policy the cult is directed to use any means, legal, and illegal, to prevent critical opinions being expressed. Once they know who is against them they follow a policy of harassment. The Masks are simply a self preservation attempt. Currently the cult is attempting to take members of anonymous to court by filing false reports with the police. They have been unsuccessful thus far.

How far will the cult go to prevent anyone from learning the truth about them? Operation Snow White Here you can learn about the single largest infiltration of the US government ever. Many cult members, including the wife of it's founder, did serious jail time over this.

How does the cult treat members who with to leave? Why are they dead? Learn about the Death of Lisa McPherson and others at the hands of the Cult of Scientology.

The strength of Anonymous is that the cult has no specific target to focus on. Anonymous is made up of thousands of individuals from all walks of life, mobilized in over 100 major cities worldwide protesting the cults activities. This is the first time that the cult has had an enemy so large, so undefined, and so informed about the cults deeds. The goal of Anonymous is to educate the general public about the abuses of the cult. Eventually this should lead to a change in the way the cult does business.

Anonymous is not against the cults belief system. If someone wishes to believe that they are alien ghosts, as Scientologistst do, then Anonymous supports their right to do so. Anonymous actively supports the group "Free Zone", which is a group that follows the same beliefs as the Cult of Scientology, but without the money cons, the abuse of freedom and the targeted mind control. The cult of Scientology charges it's members over $350,000 to raise to level four (out of 7 or 8 levels in the cults belief system) Free Zone charges nothing. The Cult of Scientology is run like a money making business and they actively suppress individual freedom. This is what Anonymous is against. Religion should be Free. The con must stop.

There are a number of good websites set up by members of Anonymous, desigened to educate the public both about Scientology, as well as the goals of Anonymous. A good place to start might be to visit is Why we protest which is available in several languages for those around the globe.

[edit on 14/9/08 by Terapin]

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Can we please get a better idea of what Anonymous is? Anonymous is, essentially, the People. And just like the People, Anon WILL have bad apples, but they're not the essence of Anon. SINCE Anon is the People, Anon is made up of metric tons of individuals. What Anon decides is what the People decides - the vox populi. There are malignant people and benign people, just as there are malignAnon and benignAnon. The malignant would be those who chose to do things just for the lulz - but the benign, far surpassing the malignant in fame, would be the ones raiding the Church of $cientology because it's full of twats. Some of them do good things just for fun! I've seen Anons expose paedophiles just for the heck of it. (It IS fun to see their reactions when you say that the FBI was recording the conversation right after you were pretending to be a 14 year old girl. Ahh, to catch a predator.)

HOWEVER, you cannot control Anon with simply knowledge of their speak and their memes - nay, you'll just look like a gaiafag, chances are. As Anon is made up of individuals, they all have a different opinion of what they should do. To post something that is relevant to enough peoples' interests that it even gets noticed is an extremely hard thing to do for those who don't know this. For example, forced memes. Those are things that people post in hopes of it becoming a meme. Maybe they thought that it WOULD become a meme. Either way, if it isn't relevant to Anon's interests, then it will be ignored and forgotten. HOWEVER, if it IS, then it may become a meme. Really, it's just luck-of-the-draw.

As for ousting political leaders, it hasn't interested Anon yet. Whilst Anon COULD have gotten the Union Flagann to be the official flag of Britain, there weren't enough Anon who cared about it. Besides, would the government let such a ridiculous thing be the flag? Chances are, no. Plus, Anon (referring to it as an anonymous person - hence the name) MAY have access to a nearby Co$, but how could they reach a political candidate, especially a foreign one? It's beyond their reach, so far. In places where internet access is very limited, how could news of it at all reach the ears of Anon? And if it did, how many would be able to do something about it? They ended up raiding $cientology, not only because it was what they deemed the right thing to do, but because it was also within their means to help. Certainly, SOME anon would be able to reach the unknown country, but would there be enough to make a change?

Also, as for the leader of Anon, their leaders are ideas. That's all. Their leaders are ideas that they deem appropriate, and as such, only the most popular ideas thrive and spread. Again, memetics. And ideas are bulletproof. As such, THIS is anonymous' strength; they're not centralized. Anything that isn't centralized, whilst being disorganized, is hard to kill. How can you kill something which has reached so far into the veins of society? How can you kill an idea? You would have to kill all those that know of it and all references to it, but does anyone have the means or the want to do it?

As for the masks, it is their symbol of Anonymity. They don't judge eachother based on names and such. On the *chans, they can't make fun of someone's post just because it was posted by someone who has posted something stupid before. When you post, you are all on equal terms. If you posted something stupid a long while ago, nobody can judge you on it, because nobody will know or remember that it was you. UNLESS it is very clear that you are the same person who posted the stupid thing, and the stupid thing was big enough to be remembered, like Alex Wuori. Either way, though, the anonymity brings a sense of equality, and Anon truly is equal. Yes, it certainly was inspired by V for Vendetta.

At least, this is my opinion. And I completely support Anon in the battle. Ahh, if only I could attend the protests!

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Ever thought that "Anonymous" could actually be Scientology?

I mean thats how the CIA does it, control both sides of the fight.

In the "Drug War" they are on both sides of the fight for example. Same thing here.

Create your own enemy so the real enemy get lost in all the publicity

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join