It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

kentucky gas price !!!!$5.80 a gallon

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
i went and got gas this morning it was 2.90 a gallon

by 2:30 pm it was 5.80 cent a gallon

new's is saying it's because of Texas..something about a hurricane and oil field or some crap.

common $5.80 cent a gallon

we got police at gas station's..limiting us to 10 gallon's a purchase.

no joke...are we in trouble or what?

either way im in shock...$290 to %5.80 in half a day ..they need to lock these price gougers up..this is gonna get out of hand fast here.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by beforetime

It's called gouging! Crude oil is at @ $101 a barrel. What your gas stations are doing is illegal. Take a picture of the prices, and call your congressman.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
what part of Ky are you in?

according to this gas isn't over $5

Ky Gas prices

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Perhaps you need to edit your post so it actually makes sense in English?

Please send me all of $5.80 gas to me please in the UK, I am paying around $8.21 for a US gallon.

I would have thought 10 gallons would keep you going few a few hundred miles?

I think the 'some crap' you were referring to is

"Fourteen refineries -- 22 percent of total U.S. refining capacity -- have been shut ahead of Hurricane Ike. Meanwhile, nearly all of the crude oil and natural gas production in the Gulf of Mexico was idled due to the storm."

I'm sure once the hurricane passes price will drop down again.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
what part of Ky are you in?

according to this gas isn't over $5

Ky Gas prices

i am real close to Lexington Kentucky.

the Governor was on tv..saying gas was only suppose to go up 1 dollar a gallon.
anyone abuse's it would be dealt with.

but heck it's mad crazy here atm..

im talking 100 car's lined up for gas.
cop's and tanker's to fill there tanks up.

i never saw anything like it in my life an i aint a young man.

seriously before my got gas.
it was 3.70 a gallon ..when she pumped 30 bucks worth..looked at price..they changed price to 4.50 cent..just like that.

either way guy's.. it's crazy.

i will see if i can find you guys a new's link from around here today

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   

You guys had gas under $3 a gallon?

That's what I am pissed off about! hehe

Well, if they are gouging you guys then you have every right to report their butts. I would in a heartbeat! Taking advantage of fear is a crime.

link   
www.lex18.com...

Updated: Sep 12, 2008 03:42 PM In response to the dramatic spike in gas prices Friday, Gov. Steve Beshear Friday signed an executive order to prevent price gouging in the state.

right now it's 5.95 a gallon in my town..people are freaking hard.

look at picture on page 4.59 a gallon in the pic they show.

was 3ish dollars a gallon at 10 am. now 4 to 5 dollars at 3 pm lol

link   
Hmm..

I started a thread here about this already this morning.

I've even got a picture from a Lexington gas station that is under $5. I haven't seen it go that high anywhere yet.

I'd really like to see your sources on this.

Edit to add: Seriously? Where was gas 2.90. I filled up in Lexington this morning for 3.69!

[edit on 12-9-2008 by nyk537]

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by dariousg

You guys had gas under $3 a gallon?

That's what I am pissed off about! hehe

Well, if they are gouging you guys then you have every right to report their butts. I would in a heartbeat! Taking advantage of fear is a crime.

it's so bad right now...people are paying 5.90 cent for gas cause they are afraid they cant get anymore.
and nothing is being done as yet beside the Governor saying to stop doing it to us.

we still getting ramrodded.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
Hmm..

I started a thread here about this already this morning.

I've even got a picture from a Lexington gas station that is under $5. I haven't seen it go that high anywhere yet.

I'd really like to see your sources on this.

Edit to add: Seriously? Where was gas 2.90. I filled up in Lexington this morning for 3.69!

in a small town called junction city.
it's like 50 miles south of lex.
8 miles from danville

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
According to the news, Governor Steve Brashear declared a state of emergenct to prevent gas price gouging.

Source

Kentucky Gov. Steve Beshear on Friday declared a state of emergency to prevent gas price gouging in the state, according to a news release from the Governor’s Office.

The declaration, in the wake of Hurricane Ike’s approach to the Gulf Coast, allows the governor to apply a state law allowing for the investigation and prosecution of suspected price gouging for gasoline, building supplies and other items.

“We have received an overwhelming influx of of reports from across Kentucky regarding gasoline price spikes and even rationing,” said Attorney General Jack Conway in the release. “I felt it was important to get the price gouging protections in place as soon as possible to protect the commonwealth’s consumers and businesses."

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45
According to the news, Governor Steve Brashear declared a state of emergenct to prevent gas price gouging.

Source

Kentucky Gov. Steve Beshear on Friday declared a state of emergency to prevent gas price gouging in the state, according to a news release from the Governor’s Office.

The declaration, in the wake of Hurricane Ike’s approach to the Gulf Coast, allows the governor to apply a state law allowing for the investigation and prosecution of suspected price gouging for gasoline, building supplies and other items.

“We have received an overwhelming influx of of reports from across Kentucky regarding gasoline price spikes and even rationing,” said Attorney General Jack Conway in the release. “I felt it was important to get the price gouging protections in place as soon as possible to protect the commonwealth’s consumers and businesses."

that's my point..nothing beside him speaking is getting done in my erea.

heck one police chief owns the gas station here in this town...his gas in 4.90 cent himself lol

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Well, KYgasprices.com has prices in Danville as soon as 30 minutes ago that were still under $4.

Sounds like you're dealing with an isolated gouging incident. It's nowhere near that high anywhere else in the state.

Here is another link that shows prices in Junction City lower than $4.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   

I don't don't you man, these oil distributors are a greedy lot. They take every little opportunity to stick it to consumers.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
gasprices.mapquest.com... ode=&radius=10&brand=&sortOrder=2

Prices for SALVISA, KY $3.69 $4.25

see 4.25 a gallon in on that one there.
right down the road so to speak.'
gasprices.mapquest.com... lCode=&radius=10&brand=&sortOrder=2

Prices for LANCASTER, KY $3.69 $4.19

30 miles south of lex 4.19 a gallon

[edit on 12-9-2008 by beforetime]

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Cor Blimey matey, I would willingly pay about $6 a gallon, we over here pay about $10/11 a gallon.

link   
gasprices.mapquest.com... stalCode=&radius=10&brand=&sortOrder=2

National Gas Prices $2.74 $5.40

mount Vernon 5.40 cent a gallon.... see my point

they are going to other city's filling up
and then our county raises it..

link   
Yeah, but that's still a long way from the $5.80 and $5.90 you quoted earlier. A long way.

Like I said, I filled up in Lexington this morning for 3.69. It's 3.64 here in Winchester where I work. I just called brother who lives in Mt. Sterling and it's 3.45 there.

You're just being gouged big time.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by mental modulator

TRIED to lock them up, or at least start the process. The anti Obama folks party voted it down in congress , you know the ones that are going to reform not change. (FRRREE
MARKET!!!)

Vote um back in,,, you ain't seen nothing yet. 138 lobbyists in EL CAMPO MCCAINO!

Were gonna shake things up------------------ your pockets------- neighbor!
what are you talking about? You lost me with your post about the anti-obama folks. This thread is about gas price gouging.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join