It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Evidence For Jesus' Existence is Overwhelming

page: 20
<< 17  18  19   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
For writings of Jesus from the Himalayas

In 1894 Nicolas Notovitch published a book called 'The Unknown Life of Christ'.
Notovitch was a Russian Doctor who travelled the Himalayas and some of India, esp the Punjab

-Ancient scrolls reveal that Jesus spent seventeen years in India and Tibet
-From age thirteen to age twenty-nine, he was both a student and teacher of Buddhist and Hindu holy men
-The story of his journey from Jerusalem to Benares was recorded by Brahman historians
-Today they still know him and love him as St. Issa. Their 'buddha'

Notovich broke his leg, spent some time in the hills and whilst sipping tea and leting his leg mend, he learnt about Jesu (St Issa).

For more read on..www.reluctant-messenger.com...

Why we doubt someone that honest could have ever lived, deep down many of us know itis possible as we are all capable and whats more we can visualise him/someone like him being real which makes it all the more probable.
All the time we argue about that which we most probably will never prove or get to the bottom of, the nitty gritty facts - paul simon "Faith is an island in the setting sun
But proof, yes
Proof is the bottom line for everyone"

If he or someone like re-appears, after all the planet has seen so far, don't be surprised just be glad.
But alas, I get the feeling he has had his part in the great play, and now we are probably all supposed to play our part on stage in the same style (his part would be a wee bit bigger though.

Or maybe he was just the compere leading us on as a comedy act!!

[edit on 1-5-2009 by matsplat]

[edit on 1-5-2009 by matsplat]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by adigregorio

I am afraid you did not come up with "it". All of those 'points' were discussed in my thread. Weasle words will not prove your point either.

Umm, I don't have weasle words.

"Scholars Agree"?? What scholars, how many, credentials?

From Gary R. Habermas
Liberty University Lynchburg, VA 24506
There is widespread agreement among scholars today across a broad theological spectrum that the resurrection of Jesus is the central claim of Christianity. This has long been asserted by orthodox believers, based on NT passages such as 1 Cor 15:12-20. But it is also admitted by higher critical scholars, as well.
Here's a link: www.garyhabermas.com...

And using the Bible to prove the Bible? That is like asking a liar to tell the truth, it is possible but not very smart. Sorry, but you can not expect me to believe that a book can prove that itself is 'magic'. Bible = written by man, no matter how much you put a 'god' into that equation, man is still involved; therefore, fallable.

That's not true. The books are separated over a span of 3000 years by over 40 authors. It is a collection of books that is cohesive over those 3000 years and by 40 authors.

I am not going into details but:
1: Paul, not an eye-witness
2: Bible can't be used to prove the Bible (This is called, checks and balances in politics)
If you want those details, they are in my thread.

Paul was an eyewitness to Jesus on the road to Damascus. Paul had first hand knowledge of Christ from Peter who was an eyewitness.

One reason critical scholars take Paul’s testimony so seriously is that his writings provide both a very early date as well as eyewitness testimony to what Paul believed was a resurrection appearance.
Michael Martin, The Case Against Christianity (Philadelphia: Temple University Press, 1991), 81.ance of Jesus. This is even conceded by atheist scholar Michael Martin.

Like I said before, the Bible is a collection of books. They are multiple sources.

Thanks,
TT

[edit on 2-5-2009 by texastig]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by cautiouslypessimistic
The thing is, there is absolutely NO evidence that Jesus existed. There is evidence that a man who would later be turned into jesus by historians lived, but none that the man jesus, as christians believe in him, existed.

A large number of historians now agree that the man labeled jesus was actually an egyptian pharoah. Others think he was a mythical being, nothing more. Some think he was a metaphor.

But I defy you, show me one piece of hard evidence that the christian "jesus" lived.

On the contrary there is ample evidence that Christ was real! Not only in the Bible and the other records that the topic starter stated, but even the Koran states that Jesus was real, and the Muslim religion reveres Christ as one of the greatest prophets that ever lived. There are Hindi and Buddist texts that mention him as well, he was known to them by the name of Isha Mesiah... here's a very good link about a very special and secret document that was found in an Indian temple many years ago about Jesus' travels throughout the East: www.atmajyoti.org...
What many of you should not forget though, is that our current Bible WAS in fact put together by a bunch of men who gathered the bits they wanted in there, and discarded all the rest, burned them, demolished them... etc.
There is actually a secret book of Mark that I've not read yet, but the one book that I find most intriguing is the Gospel of Mary, from the Magdalena's perpective herself. I believe that the two of them really were married, and that Christ shared many of his secrets with her that he didn't share with anyone else, she was the cheese to his macarroni... and she was the first one who saw him when he was resurrected, and he left it in HER hands to continue preaching in his name, and to establish the Christian faith and church. It's up to each individual to believe whatever they want. But I most certainly believe that he was a real man, AND the Son of God, no less.

new topics

<< 17  18  19   >>

join