It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan Army Ordered to Hit Back US Forces

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Pakistan Army Ordered to Hit Back US Forces

www.presstv.ir

The Pakistani Army has been given orders to retaliate against any unilateral strike by the Afghanistan-based US troops inside the country.

Army Spokesman Maj Gen Athar Abbas confirmed the orders in a brief interview with Geo News on late Thursday night.

The decision was made on the first day of the two-day meeting of Pakistan's top military commanders to discuss the US coalition's ground and air assault in Waziristan region which killed dozens of civilians.

Pakistan's military commanders expressed their determination to defend the country's borders without allowing any external forces to conduct operations inside the tribal belt bordering Afghanistan, sources said.

"In his statement, Genral Kayani has represented the feeling of the entire nation, as random attacks inside Pakistan have angered each and every Pakistani," he said.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 12-9-2008 by The Revealer]

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Finally Pakistan does something. Good for them. Its about time. We shouldn't be in there country in the first place.

www.presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by The Revealer

Neither should the Taliban, but I guess the Pakistanis are willing to allow them in. So they should allow the Americans in as well. There should be no discrimination. I guess they are better at taking on Americans than on the Taliban. I wonder where they get that idea.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   

The army decision followed bloody incursions by the US ground troops into tribal belt as well as a string of missile strikes by CIA-operated drone aircraft.

The reaction also comes after US President George W. Bush approved US military raids on militants inside Pakistan without Islamabad's agreement.

Some political expert predict the break out of an all-out war between the United States troops and Pakistani army following the Bush administration's approval of ground and air assaults inside the country.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Yet more people standing up against America.

This is getting interesting. If it was Britain getting bombed because of some 'terrorists' hiding out in Wales, then the exact same principles should apply. Just because it's in the middle east does not make the Pakistani government any worse.

Good for them.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Good for them standing up forthemselves

BAD for them harboring terrorists

Delta has a very good point... they are afraid of terrorists... but not of Americans.... I hate to break it to them but they have another thing coming... they go to war with us and there wont be a need for "border crossing" We can do whatever we want in our own country

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I knew this would happen eventually. While I am not for another front for Americas war on terra, I cannot help but feel
we brought this on ourselves. The whole premise of the agreement with Pakistan was that we would NOT cross their border, and that UAVs were not to be armed. That if Osama was in Pakistan and the US knew, then it would have to inform Pakistani authorities and they would deal with it. Yet from the very beginning we've been unwilling to share such information with Pakistan, and then blaming them for inaction. And then violating their border.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

The analogy is not accurate, Pakistan, knows there is an issue and that region and they have not really done anything to rectify it over the last 7 years. If they wish that area to be a "no mans land" then don't be surprised if we go after targets as we see them. Pakistan is not doing anything to clean the area of Taliban and A.Q. bases. They will reap what they sow.

It's time that Pakistan took action to secure their side of the border region. Musharef didn't, and I don't have much faith the current government will.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Didnt Russia claim it was just moving forces into Georgia to help out and everyone jumped up and down complaining. Now America thinks it can just send its army across international borders into another sovereign nations land and not expect a reaction from that government!? Think this is a dangerous and high provocative move.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by xbranscombex
Didnt Russia claim it was just moving forces into Georgia to help out and everyone jumped up and down complaining. Now America thinks it can just send its army across international borders into another sovereign nations land and not expect a reaction from that government!? Think this is a dangerous and high provocative move.

I agree, its quite contradicty to tell Russia to back off on Georgia, yet use unauthorized force in another.

I believe US Foreign Policy in general is misguided, the assumption that US will have enough force to project into dangerous campaign areas is rather foolish. The US is losing its economic clout, and if it keeps playing the military card, someone is going to challenge it some day lose. Even if the US maintains a victory against such a challenge, it wont be able to save face anymore and its influnce will crumble even more. If we simply cooperated internationally, and was less provocative, we wouldn't have as many enemies or challenges. The ultimate coup de grace, is the whole Iraq, and Iran issue stemmed with the Fact US policy at the time when both were ruled by kingdoms is to Arm the other. During the Iraq/Iran war, we supplied Chemical and biological weapons to Iraq, to use against Iran. Iraq was successful in holding off Iran, but what do you know, it came back to bite us in the butt.

Cheers to US Foreign Policy

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Pakistan has been like a nice pet to the bush administration, however sometimes pets turn on their owners.

If Pakistan carries out attacks on US forces the Bush administration will quickly label them a terror supporting state with nuclear weapons and we will have a new war front, another damned war!

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I'm really not understanding why hardly anybody seems to care about this.

When Russia went into Georgia to protect the citizens from its own government they were the bad guys.

But now, the US has just attacked a small little village and killed innocent civilians because the big bad Taliban was there and that is completely justified?

We can just start going into any country we want to if the Taliban is there and there's nothing wrong with that? They didn't say anything to the Pakistan government nor did they mention anything to it's military. We just acted as if the middle east is an entire region without borders and we can traipse around wherever we want and carry out systematic attacks.

This is ridiculous and my blood is boiling.

If Pakistan reacts they have every right too. Just like the US would have every right to retaliate against anyone who came into our country and carried out an attack on our land. I can't believe that people are justifying this.

Next thing you know Pakistan is going to be in the "axis of evil". That's all we have to do. Bush just has to come on TV and tell us how horrible and evil Pakistan is and suddenly anything we do is justified.

I'm so disgusted right now.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
It will never happen.The country would collapse without our aid.They cant even get to the border without being attacked by talliban
terrorists. Another coup is what that country needs to restore order.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by The Revealer

If someone who murdered some of your family hides out in your neighbors house and they let them do it, are you wrong if you go in and get them anyway?

Is the neighbor right to hide them and protect them knowing they are hiding someone who is a killer of innocent people.

Does hiding the murderer and allowing them to go out now and then to do more murders without stopping them, make that neighbor a co-conspirator and guilty of the murders themselves?

Would you owe it to the victims to go in and get their murderer?

Would you owe it to their future, inevitable victims to go get them?

Would those who are opposed to you going after them also be co-conspirators in their murders?

3,000 of our family were murdered. 3,000 reasons to go after these people and make sure the murders stop. How many do you think suffered in Afghanistan under their rule? Or, do we just forget about that and send them nice Christmas presents and an invitation to dinner?

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Yet more people standing up against America.

This is getting interesting. If it was Britain getting bombed because of some 'terrorists' hiding out in Wales, then the exact same principles should apply. Just because it's in the middle east does not make the Pakistani government any worse.

Good for them.

First, I'm not so sure that Pakistan is in the "middle east".

Second, the more I read these boards, "progressive liberal" that I am, the more I wonder just what the alternatives are.

Some of you seem to be slamming OUR foreign policy without actually taking the time to investigate the specifics.

If you see my signature, you'll see that I have a link to hometown hero Marvin Gaye's classic track, "What's Going On", where he croons the famous lyric, "War is not the answer/'Cause only love can conquer hate."

First, a great song. Second, a timeless voice. Third, and most applicable to this discussion, perhaps our world is simply not ready for unilateral peace.

Scroogle [or google, if you'd rather] "The Report from Iron Mountain". Several threads on this topic right here on ATS as well. Search it.

This "Report...", alleged to be a hoax [of course], aims to analyze just how significant and unprecedented true, universal disarmament/peace, world-wide, would be. Many of us don't realize just how great the impact of war and the existence of a military is in terms of the stability of a society. Tough to swallow for the big-hearted of us out here, but seemingly true. Don't think so? Read the "Report from Iron Mountain", think about it, then tell me what you think.

While I didn't mean to derail the thread, nor do I wish to rain on anybody's peace parade, I simply wonder how many of you crying "foul" about these incursions by American soldiers onto Pakistani soil actually have an intelligent, sophisticated view on it. And how many of you, on the other hand, just hate war [don't we all?...well, maybe not, but I for one don't love or embrace it...I do, however, accept that it is a real and perhaps necessary part of human existence, however paradoxical that may seem]. And by hating war without looking at any details, you're acting on emotion vs. reason.

Final thought: any of the Obama supporters out there who somehow think the Senator will not engage in a WAR WITH IRAN after he becomes POTUS [and he will...it's in the cards] may want to strongly consider examining the Senator's advisors [start with Zbiegnew Brzezinski...].

Peace be with you. [I'm reminding myself of Pvt. Joker from 'Full Metal Jacket' here...]

[edit on 9.12.2008 by ItsTheQuestion]

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Boy, I may really get slammed for that last post.

I'm not going to go back and edit it. I said what I said.

Allow me, if you care, to clarify. I'm really, honestly confused about some of these big-picture issues on the table.

I abhor conflict, especially when it simply boils down to a petty battle of egos.

War, the ultimate conflict, is a sad fact.

Not everyone out there who opposes war, or specifically, certain aspects of our foreign policy, is "un-sophisticated". I certainly don't consider myself foolish or simple for taking umbrage with the whole Iraq fiasco.

I also recognize that there are certain, un-American forces which unfortunately hold much sway over our decision-makers. Including, of course, "the Decider".

And I really do wish you all peace. Peace of mind, in the end, is all there is.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Every country has a right to defend itself and protect it's borders. Pakistan has made the right choice. If they did not, the US would be in Islamabad before we could spell Iraq.

BTW - the US has had 7 years on another country's soil in order to find OBL and still no return on that one.

Every country the US goes into, another Vietnam is awaiting, whether we agree with the situation or not.

Breifne

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
It's been a long day, I'm tired, and I'm not even going to try and take on the America haters tonight. I know, I know, it's unusual. I just wanted to comment on the comment that it's a given Senator Obama will be our next president because "it's in the cards." No, it's not. In fact, I don't even believe he will be our next president. Anyway, my opinion, I respect yours. Good night and God bless the greatest country in the world, the United States of America.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
The fix is in, my fellow American. The man's been tapped.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Everyone defending the US' incursions into Pakistan is a hypocrite and is making no secret of it. Pakistan is a sovereign nation. This means it has the right to conduct itself however it sees fit. If you want to split hairs it means it can do whatever it wants within the limits of UN and relevant international law. The result is the same: if that country does not want the US in it, it has the right to kick it out with no explanation whatsoever. The argument that we have the right to invade sovereign territory because we believe "the terrorists" are hiding there is laughable, it is resting precariously on a house of cards. We have had 7 years to catch "the terrorists", we have the biggest military budget of any nation on the planet, we are still in Afghanistan where we have been told "the terrorists" are and were, we have killed scores of civilians in Pakistan hunting "the terrorists", we propped up a corrupt military dictator for years in Pakistan.

If someone who murdered some of your family hides out in your neighbors house and they let them do it, are you wrong if you go in and get them anyway?

In a country such as the US, this is called breaking and entering, and attempting to take the law into one's own hands is known as vigilantism which is a crime as well. In a global scheme, this would be known as invading a sovereign nation, it is a crime. Right and wrong relevant only inasmuch as the law provides for them, and the fact that you have done no investigation and arrogantly believe you are right "just because" is foolish.

Is the neighbor right to hide them and protect them knowing they are hiding someone who is a killer of innocent people.

Oversimplification. Can you prove the neighbor knows what you think they know? Are you within your rights to invade their property? Are you within your rights to kill the alleged killer(s)? Would any of this stand up in court? Did you know that the US harbors all sorts of criminals from former Latin American dictatorships? Or that the U.S. smuggled possible war criminals out of Germany? How would you feel if a Palestinian came to the US and killed a US official for giving aid and comfort to Israeli war criminals?

Does hiding the murderer and allowing them to go out now and then to do more murders without stopping them, make that neighbor a co-conspirator and guilty of the murders themselves?

Do you really believe the Pakistani government gives terrorists their approval before they attack? Who are they attacking? Can you prove any of it? If you go and kill them you too are guilty of murder. When you have control of an adjacent nation where the terrorists originally were and let them get away what does that make you? What does it make you after 7 years?

Would you owe it to the victims to go in and get their murderer?

If you are willing to violate established rules of law and society. After how many years would you lose the moral mandate and ethical superiority? 1? 2? 5? 7? How many civilians would you kill in process? How many times would you let them get away? Would you go to a different neighbors house and massacre the people their while knowing the murderers aren't there and never were?

Would you owe it to their future, inevitable victims to go get them?

Do you possess powers of clairvoyance? Good luck proving "inevitable victims". Were the civilians you killed along the way also "inevitable victims"? Should their future victims possibly take it upon themselves to secure their own futures? Or are you your brothers' keeper?

Would those who are opposed to you going after them also be co-conspirators in their murders?

3,000 of our family were murdered. 3,000 reasons to go after these people and make sure the murders stop. How many do you think suffered in Afghanistan under their rule? Or, do we just forget about that and send them nice Christmas presents and an invitation to dinner?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join