It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan Army Ordered to Hit Back US Forces

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Revealer

Finally Pakistan does something. Good for them. Its about time. We shouldn't be in there country in the first place.

www.presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

I hope when you make naive statements like that, that you remember that there are troops there putting their lives on the line.

What would you know of sacrifice anyways.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
You guys amaze me. You think its perfectly fine for the Pakistani based and funded terrorist to attack Afghanistan on a daily basis where they rape and murder innocent women who are trying to teach children in schools there but its not OK for the NATO to try and protect them by hitting their bases inside Pakistan where Pakistan does nothing to stop them.

We have every right to attack the terrorist in Pakistan. If Mexican terrorist were launching cross border attacks then we would hit them back inside Mexico.

Its the Afghans who are being attacked by Pakistani supported groups and according to international law Afghanistan has every right in the book to defend itself, Just because NATO is there helping them makes no difference.

If Pakistan dares to hit back with its army then we will finally be rid of this Pakistani terror problem once and for all because the U.S. will give them a knock out punch. Bring it on, I am sick and tired of Pakistans two faced games.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by dobsonion2
It will never happen.The country would collapse without our aid.They cant even get to the border without being attacked by talliban
terrorists. Another coup is what that country needs to restore order.

What are you smoking? None of what you just said is true.

The Pakistan Army has been carrying out it's own operations in the NWF for quite some time, but the area is so inhospitable and isolated, it would be difficult for anyone to keep complete order and control.

The Pakistan Military is a competent fighting force, much better than anything the US has faced in many years. Granted, they would be whipped by the US, but at what cost?

The country is fairly stable at the moment. Musharaf stood down, a new elected President and PM are in power and I believe they also had Parliamentary elections too which passed quite peacefully.

So quite what you're on about is somewhat of a mystery, but then again if your an American I will forgive your ignorance about foreign affairs, your media lets you down.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by The Revealer

If we were both fighting the same enemy, there would be co-operation..
clearly, someone is under pressure to stop the US from entering Pakistan.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Looks like the Pakistanis are angry. Especially now that everybody knows that they are sheltering terrorists groups and training facilities.
The only difference with Afghanistan is that they have nukes...woow,it's a Call of Duty wargame in the becoming

Mod Edit: Courtesy Is Mandatory – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 15/9/2008 by watch_the_rocks]

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Well Obama said he would go into Pakistan. He is chomping at the bit the unleash hell on that country. All we are doing is going in to the isolated spots to kill the rats. I would be worried if Obama is elected. It seems to me he would force Pakistan to use the button.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Revealer

Finally Pakistan does something. Good for them. Its about time. We shouldn't be in there country in the first place.

www.presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

Well I guess that's what happens if you want to hide terrorists.
Their bad!

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
This recent 'we will defend' policy is just B.S to shut the people up and accept a well known corrupt criminal rule Pakistan.

It's just mind games aimed to make the people more settled with the new powers.

Wait and see...

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I'm British, but I do look forward to this if it all kicks off between USA and Pakistan! Pakistani's (please note not Paki's!!!) are impotent to do anything against a country such as America. Honestly, what could they possibly do? Shut their restaurants and corner shops in protest! I think this type of rhetoric by the Pakistani leaders is just hot air aimed at appeasing the Pakistani people, perhaps to give them some much needed self respect and pride.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Everyone seems to forget that the real power in Pakistan is the Military. The U.S. Military and Pakistani Military have close ties and good relations. This talk is for public consumption. The U.S. does need to be less overt and more covert with it's attacks on Taliban and A.Q. targets in Pakistan. No need to intentionally feed the fire.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Hypothetically: would it be alright if in fact you murdered your own family and went to the neighbors house to kill them and the people that were hiding there to cover up your own crime? What gives America the right to claim a mature fatherly attitude to the world when they continue to enforce their attitude on civilizations who are technically older than themselves.Is it because they claim to be the melting pot of the world and have assimilated only the best from the people who have immigrated there?

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I only read....but it appears as though most of you don't care about anything other than trying to prove each other wrong.

I haven't forgotten 9-11...most of you have. Seriously pathetic.

You're trying to be God by looking into other people's hearts without
even thinking first about your own freedoms. If any of my family
lost their lives due to someone in another country...my government
OWES it to me to get them and have them tried before a court of law.
We don't live in utopia as most of you all would believe we do.
I only wish most of you put forth the same amount of energy towards
getting further ahead in life as you do bashing the United States.
I probably assume you all think Obama will make everything perfect.
Buy into the "change" right? I am not going either way....but this is
a war that has been brewing for 50 years. Stop being cowards and
bashers and grow up. You demand the government help Katrina victims
and yet you bash them for going after terrorists.

Idiots and fools....our basic fundamental in life is to live a decent life, and
if someone comes to take it from you...defend it with your life.

And yet...some of you call others hypocrites...yet, that's what you are too.

I came to this site to check out some info on area 51...and all I have
really found is stupid squabbling. Most are probably not even US citizens.
Would remind me of ISUR.....

Thanks ATS though.....nice site layout.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I think the issue here is the chance of there being a power struggle within the Pakistani leadership. They still need to undo the amount of power given over to the Pakistani military during Musharaf's reign. There are news articles of both Pakistani and American military units fighting Taliban fighters in the tribal regions.
What is needed here is better communication between the leadership of our countries, not severance of ties between people. Plus these were statements from Pakistani commanders, not government officials.
Both countries need to stop acting like egotistical children and do what allies are supposed to do.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Masisoar

well then they shouldn't listen to there orders. There are not allowed to be there anyways. Pakistan has every right to stop them from doing that. We do have an agreement with the country not to enter that area. Once again we break an agreement.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

WOW. ... lol Pakistan and many Pakistani people are ticked off at the U.S.

The Taliban is fighting against america because they don't know what the U.S is doing.

The U.S already went to an unofficial war with Iraq won that unofficial war and took the land.

I have heard that in the past taliban and osama was hired by the U.S to help fight Russia right by the Afghanistan border I even seen this border in person.

Pakistan got a new president and will fight the U.S if any more new attacks occure because they have had enough.

So you say why not let the U.S in the country since Pakistan lets Taliban in the country.

It's because the U.S plays dirty and many more reasons.

I mean if you had a house and you haven't installed doors or windows who would you let in???

the U.S knowing they took a country over (iraq) or Taliban that you can just call the cops on to arrest them???

taliban is a group of people it's no huge military that is with a country.

the U.S has military and is a country intrusion that is why they rather have taliban people in there country then the U.S troops. If they allow the U.S troops they would have fears that the U.S might take cover the country.

this is just my opinion.

The only thing that is true is that pakistani people are upset. My uncle house been blown up by the U.S so currently he has to rebuild it..

The U.S troops say they are after Taliban if so then why blow up villages??? Can't they just take them out on the ground???

I am glad to hear Pakistan is helping there own people.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

wow. so you think it's ok for the U.S to walk in any country kick doors open and do whatever they want???

I mean you sound like the U.S has a right to go into Pakistan and do whatever they please.

I mean killing Pakistanis is ok but killing American troops is not ok because they made sacrifices

I am also guessing your all ok with the U.S going into Iraq when they had no reason too and many people got killed then we took over their country.

Many people tell me that the U.S has not took over Iraq they just help Iraq from a dictator.

well how can you say that when we went in Iraq thinking they have wepons of mass destruction and then finding out they don't so then they tell us oh we wanted to help the people of Iraq to take out Saddam a dictator.... so they go looking for Saddam and killed him then installed a democracy which is our own gov system in there country.

I seriously bealive the U.S has took Iraq but put in a president that they can control.

so If I were the president of Pakistan I would of done the same thing what they are doing now.

the damage will cost Pakistan not Americans.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Pak jets 'sent to confront US drones'

Pakistan has ordered its jet fighters to confront any attack by the US-led coalition forces on the tribal belt near the Afghan border.

Air force fighters have carried out sorties in the tribal region for the first time after US missiles attacks killed dozens of civilians, sources said on Saturday.

Air Force Chief Marshal Tanvir Mehmood, meanwhile, said that the Air Force could respond to violation of the country's air space by the US forces if the government issued orders.

Tribal elders and witnesses in Miranshah told local news networks that they had seen Pakistani fighter planes hovering over North Waziristan. They had also seen warplanes flying towards the Afghan border area.

Earlier, Pakistan's army chief General Ashfaq Kayani issued a harshly-worded statement, criticizing cross-border attacks by the coalition forces from Afghanistan and vowing to defend the country "at all cost".

The Air Force's decision followed bloody incursions by the US ground troops into the tribal belt as well as a string of missile strikes by US-operated drone aircrafts.

The reaction comes after US President George W. Bush endorsed US military raids inside Pakistan without Islamabad's agreement.

(Press TV)

[edit on 13-9-2008 by chips]

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
No doubt the Iranian source for this article took some 'artistic license' with the Paki officials comments. It would be very hard for me to consider this article as all fact.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Are the USA finally going to kick the ass of the "country" they should have invaded, in the first place?

With the help of our Indian friends we will transform Pakistan into a barren, radioactive, wasteland. Just what they deserve...

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorthWolfe CND
Are the USA finally going to kick the ass of the "country" they should have invaded, in the first place?

With the help of our Indian friends we will transform Pakistan into a barren, radioactive, wasteland. Just what they deserve...

I know you are trying to be funny but going by real-world realities the humour is nowhere to be found.

If ANYONE thinks it's OK to kill men, women and children for any reason then those people need to be locked away and quickly!

It is not acceptable to kill Pakistani's just because they have been blessed with a suntan and they pray to God.

It is clear that the real animals and beasts are those that make the US policies and support them. Including certain ATS members.

Where is the justice in performing aerial attacks over northern Pakistan and killing people? In law and justice we take people to court - look at the treatment Slobodon and Karadic have received! See the difference in treatment. How humane...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join