It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan Army Ordered to Hit Back US Forces

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

I would agree in principle if you ignore some basic facts. The Taliban attack US troops in Afganistan, infringing on Afganistans soverignty, then retreat into Pakistan where they are free to live in safety. If Pakistan would deal with the Taliban then we would not cross their borders. Georgia never launched attacks against Russia. They were attempting to quell a civil war within their own borders, and were invaded for dealing with their own problems, which Pakistan has not done. So if you completely ignore the facts, yes you have a point.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

Yes, but the Taliban isn't a state; it's an organization. The US has no business policing the world; they shouldn't have even been in Afghanistan in the first place, let alone allowing this to spill over into Pakistan.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Oh well, sorry to disappoint some of you guys here:
Pakistan Pursues Diplomacy with US on Border Raids

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan - Pakistan's government eased its rhetoric Saturday against unilateral U.S. attacks on militant havens near the Afghan border, saying it hopes quiet diplomacy will persuade Washington that the raids only inflame sentiment against leaders of both countries.

Enjoy.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   

I am willing to bet on corruption. Regardless, do the Pakistanis really want their own military destroyed?

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Doesnt the source make you wonder i mean an iranian news station saying how pakistan will fight back the us attacks that kill innocent civilians. Im pretty sure we made smart bombs to severley dent the ability to harm civilians. This is all just propaganda. Like the 16 soldiers killing themselves in iraq. Same source more propaganda. Its all just bs to make the middle east hate the US more. The last thing pakistan wants is us rollin the war to them. The US can destroy any army any day. But it just cant occupy a country with out casulties. But the ignorant citizens will hate the US if it fails but when it suceeds they love the US.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Breifne

You know...i hear so many stupid freakin speculations and panic striken viewpoints on here...people like to go against the US. Nobody really knows the true side of the south asian/eastern countries...there is more to the economy then wage a war against US. Pakistan cannot afford it. Lets not forget how much the World Bank and US has funded the covert ops for ISI (Pakistani Intelligence Agency) and how much their economy needs international funding (MNC- Multi National Corporations) to bail them out. If not anything, the Pakistan Government is responsible for their own actions not the US Government. Sure the US Military has to follow its orders (forces on the ground be it US or Pakistan). The thing about Pakistan is that is BEGS for money when it is 'convenient' for them but surely without producing any positive results as there is bipolar views on the motives of TALIBAN (Lookup MADRASAS) that are nothing more than HUMAN SOFTWARE which pre-programs the individual since childhood. However the US was aware of Pakistan's intention/motive and activities long ago. They needed a temporary ally in the region to solve the HOT ISSUE on hand. Everyone gets used in one way or the other. That is the World's Way...not the American way. I'm sick and tired of people blaming the US soldiers and the government for their action where in actuality its the stupidity and immaturity in the politican system along with tonnes of CORRUPTION within their own governments that approach UN (US) to resolve issues...and when the US does intervene (surely any war is profitable for US), the US Government always looks bad without a doubt but who cares as the profit is made and people will bitch n moan about it for a day or two or weeks but thats the sad reality of it...ISI (Pakistan's Intelligence Service) is the biggest trouble maker in the region and it is very well aware of the plans and if it indeed if they had a sound Polltical and Monitory structure, then this moment could have been avoided a looooooooooooooooooooong freakin time ago. With a BROKE ASS country like Pakistan, we can expect this only to backfire upon the US Government in the end. Frankly I'm sick of the double standard the world has with regards to the US. When they want money and investment and protection, they come running to the UN or NATO...but when the odds in their favor, they all start to CONDEMN the US.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Ephiram-Lo

Unfortunately not everything is black and white. Gone are those days. The International Politics has taken up a whole new Spectrum which none of us (US Citizens) can fathom. Nothing me or you can do to change what goes on within the poltical world...except maybe shout and make some noise and express our stupid and pathetic viewpoints on this forum. I'm sure the people running the show are well aware of the consequences and the outcome and the intentions as they see it fit and planned...waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay in advance. We're nothing but piss and a fart in front of a thunder. I really wonder how much this forum really matters to the rest of the world and the US Government?

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
reply to post by The Revealer

Neither should the Taliban, but I guess the Pakistanis are willing to allow them in. So they should allow the Americans in as well. There should be no discrimination. I guess they are better at taking on Americans than on the Taliban. I wonder where they get that idea.

Two Taliban, Pakistani & Afghani, the external Taliban have been targeted by the Pakistani forces. There is no discrimination since now both external forces are targeted, happy?

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by spec_ops_wannabe

For a second I thought Pakistan was finally independent

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ephiram-Lo

Yes, but the Taliban isn't a state; it's an organization. The US has no business policing the world; they shouldn't have even been in Afghanistan in the first place, let alone allowing this to spill over into Pakistan.

How better to surround Iran than to have your military in Iraq, P and A? It seems that the Caucasus bid was foiled by Russia, and that Turkmenistan is deemed unnecessary. That's what's really going on here, the encirclement of Iran, and whatever 'terrorism' is necessary to give excuse to these strategic military moves will be provided if it doesn't already exist. We better all hope that calmer heads prevail, as this is WWIII waiting to happen.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 04:19 AM
link   
BREAKING - SKY TV - REUTERS: Firing from Pakistani troops forces U.S. military helicopters to turn back at Pakistan-Afghan border.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 04:29 AM
link   
some more on that here :

Pakistan: US helicopter raid blocked in border area

Wana, 15 Sept. (AKI) - The Pakistani army and local tribes on Monday were reported to have blocked an attempt by US troops to stage a fresh attack against militants in the region bordering Afghanistan.

Sources cited by Pakistan's Geo News, said US troops aboard two helicopters were trying to enter Pakistan near Angoor on the border when local tribes and Pakistani troops resisted the move and opened fire, forcing the helicopters to return.

Recent cross border raids by US troops have generated fierce opposition in Pakistan. The first acknowledged ground assault by US special forces based across the border in Afghanistan provoked an official complaint.

The political conflict has intensified in the past week with reports that US President George W.Bush had authorised cross-border attacks from Afghanistan in July without Pakistani agreement.

On Sunday Pakistani security forces, backed by helicopter gunships and artillery, killed 16 and wounded 25 militants in the border region.

Pakistani forces have also intensified its military offensive in the northwestern regions of Bajaur and Swat regions in the past week.

www.adnkronos.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 04:38 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Gun Totin Gerbil

Thanks for the news update.

Saw this:

"On Sunday Pakistani security forces, backed by helicopter gunships and artillery, killed 16 and wounded 25 militants in the border region."

Since when was it OK within ANY law to perform summary executions on a mass murder basis without trial, conviction etc?

I don't think it is worth the price of a little child to follow this abominable policy. (Yes, women and children ARE dying as a result of these aerial bombardments).

Now try to imagine if such as policy was followed in Europe or US and imagine the public outcry it would create.

Telling people B.S. that they are going to fire at US isn't going to convince anyone about the justice in their policies.

Pakistan has it's own "Saddam Hussein" now and the west will reap the 'so called benefits' at the expense of it's population.

Sick. (I mean it literally)

I'd also like to add that there is no evidence that the Army was firing. The report here:
news.bbc.co.uk...

Says :

"A Pakistani military spokesman in Islamabad confirmed that there was firing but denied that Pakistani troops were involved. "

There's no point is saying they will attack and then deny that they attacked them. The reality I believe is that there was NO attack and Pakistan and US are hand in hand. The news was simply to falsly make people believe that the Pakistanis are carrying out the new policy. It's all Politics, lies and evil. What unfortunate people...

[edit on 15-9-2008 by Jinni]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Jinni

For a second again I thought Pakistan was freeeee, well thanks for the lies people. Read the report first than comment, thanks.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by rjmelter

Well We pakis are not giv any shelter 2 the so called terrorists. The Terrorists are trained and feeded by US & Indian agencies to mak Pak unstable.

U say its ur space! Then Why u r afraid of coming to ur country? Come on guys! V r here to welcome you... come on! cross the border!

We repeat "A stable Pakistan is better for all...." The other side of the story is worst.... Pakis can tie the Bombs to their chests to save their country and its People.... (As pakis-bombers jumped under tanks in 1965 war to defeat INDIA)

Pakistanis want PEACE FOR ALL! Our forces are fighting the SO CALLED TERRORISTS! We donnt need US forces to come & SAVE US! like it promised IRAQIS AFGANIS!

It is our right to save our home! and we will do it!

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
And the COLD BLOODED MURDER goes on and on and on....

news.bbc.co.uk...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join