It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question About Dreams?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
cmd18B,
How did you get your head injury? Did the doctors ever know what caused and are still causing your hi fevers?

My hi fevers stopped a long time ago but not my night activiy. Do you ever hear a loud buzzing or ringing in your ears before a vivid "dream"?

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by valley

Hi, sorry to intrude, but I get ringing in my ears (left one especially) which I attribute to Electromagnetic radiation. It effects my equilibrium at times. Cellphones or whatever, I suspect.

-map

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Also, I just wanted to add this tidbit resource called Dream Dictionary which is a surprising valuable resource for decoding those weird ones. Enjoy!

-map

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
thanks Valley for your pointers on Hypnotherapy. I'd be seeing a registered dude, as my mum went to see one years ago who recorded the whole thing, so it's not like they'd be trying to con me (if you get my meaning). Although I'll be making sure that if and when I go, that I wont be wasting my time and money.

CMD - when I was younger I used to be able to return to specific dreams, although I cant do it now. You just reminded me that I used to be able!

Didn't think this thread would carry on, in all honestly, lol! But hey, thanks people

And thank you for that dream directory, fantastic!!!

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mapsurfer_

Hmmmn. I used to have a reacurrent nightmare that disturbed throught my childhood - i had may reoccurent nightmares and dreams but this this one started when i was about 2 and lasted until i was about 11. My family would be in the car park near my Aunts house and there would be this big black rubber hot air balloon half deflated but filling up gradually. I think we were all meant to be getting in it but we hadnt yet. The balloon got bigger and bigger until it filled the whole of the view of my dream and then explode - i would wake up crying and terrified. Sometimes i would wake up before it exploded but it was just as terryfying. That was the first one of a short series with this balloon. Another time it would start in Space but I would be in the ballon with people i didnt know but felt safe with. It was an incredibly vivid dream. We would be looking back on earth drifting up and out. It was weird thinking back on it now. We were in a Hot airballooon with no space outfits and breathing the air like on earth. I would wake up happy in this dream.

Regarding dreams having meanings from the initial post, sometimes you will find dreams are symbology. Look up what was actually in you dream rather than its story. List as many things as you can remember i.e blue car or Bees or River and look up what they mean individually and then once you've done that look at the meanings as a group again - like decoding it.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by valley

Valley I sustained my head injury which was also my first concussion from playing hockey after I got back from overseas, I have not been back to work since my injury 5 months ago, Although I am feeling better, My dreams are like i said before are very lifelike and very cognizant. I have eluded suggestions to see a neuro but that may be unaviodable soon, Due to the sensitivity of my job I do not want my superiors knowing that there is extra cirricular activity going on in my brain, as for the high fevers all ive been told is that i was very sick and on the verge of death as a young child and I found this out because I still go to the same primary care physician and he actauuly had some of his staff pull my old charts..Thats about it for now

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by emmy

It makes me feel much better now knowing that there is somebody like me, I always though that If I ever really told people about this they would think I was bonkers or a liar, There are even times I have dreampt of people I have never seen before. Thanks for understanding

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   
MCoG1980,
Your dreams have a UFO-ish theme about them. Do you ave any interest or thoughts about the subject? Does anyone in your family have an interest or experience with that phenomena

Cmd18B,
There is nothing shameful or scary about seeing a neurologist. I am not a fan of Western medicine but sometime it is needed. Have you ever seen the TV series The Dead Zone? The media can sometimes mirror reality. Some people get different abilities after being sick or having injuries?

Try to look at your ability as a gift if it isn't too scary.

OP. My problem with hypnotic regression is only for the accuracy of memory retrieval if the person is legit. It sounds like you want to go but I am not sure exactly why.

I will have to look at the dream dictionary too

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by cmd18B

ah no worries mate! Doubt I could do it now, but I'm sure if I gave it a damn good go i could, lol! Ta for the message as well, and yeah, would be fab to talk some more about it!

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by emmy

Here is a very interesting page about dreams that I found:
www.asdreams.org...

The Precognitive Pattern Process is composed of three parts: I) identifying possible precognitive dream through proven annunciation "patterns", II) filtering the dream and the dreamer's state, and III) preceding with an analysis, investigation and prediction.

And here is a link to my own lucid dream/prediction experience:
My Disturbing Dreams - Prophecy or Delusion?

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by valley

These dreams and nightmares/terrors started when i was quite young - others include being in an underground tunnel between countries which was more like the consertina like ones you get in childrens fun houses - very odd and before the channel tunel was built. No, no one in my family took an interest in space although i did. I always had a longing to know more about the sky and felt drawn to it. I was in a quiz once when i was about 7 and the question was 'what is the moon' - i proudly said a sattelite but no-one in my family including my parents or grandparents agreen as they all thought it was a planet, They were shocked when the answers were read out and i was right. i didn't beleive the Jesus Story i was given either but i kept that to myself - It didn't seem right.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaalphanovember

Hey, thanks very much! I'll be giving it a read! I do wonder how I manage to miss some of these pages on search engines!
much appreciated! And I'll def be reading up on your dreams too,

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Hey folks,
can you explain me this so-still-repeating dream?

I am on the lift but no walls and ceiling. Only floor. However I put the right number but it takes all floors but not mine or the number of my floor is not there visible. It is unstable or suddenly all looks like my house and I take stairs instead but still no number of that floor I live in. I meet people I know and didnt see so long and they speak with an odd language

Anna93

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by valley

I often get ringing in my ears usually in the evening but loader at night before i go to bed. It gets loader and more pitched like a frequency put it can go just as quickly as it came - usually lasts a minute or so.
I also get this on occasions where i get a sudden rush of heat at the top of my head like its on fire inside which is quite scary but after you feel light and floaty and in a way euphoric. I think this may be linked to petit mal or absence where you trance out for short periods of time which i also have. It bothers other people more than it bothers me.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by emmy
ah fantastic! it's not been moved so i assume its was an a-okay start!

Right, one of these dreams, was a wee bit odd!

Basically, it seemed like I was on a ghost hunt with family and friends, and even some strangers, and it was an old stone house with a few floors. (I wont go into way too much detail but I can still walk through it in my mind!) and I was walking up a spiral stair case.

Anyways, apparently there were 'ghosts' in these rooms, and we went under one arch way, and to the right was like a stone stage where this 'shadow' was - i thought, "oh-there's a ghost....how interesting' (lol!) and then this guide we had gathered us together to tell us some history.

So, here's the interesting part. Two girls playing on the floor, not paying attention. about 6 years old, just writing their names in the dust on the floor. A few minutes later, one of them just starts shaking, and next minute it looks like she's being lifted to her feet by some invisible force. Next thing I know this deep horrible voice just comes from the pit of her belly and it's laughing in a mad like way.

That's the part where I ran! Haha!

But, the worst part was when the whole thing became more vivid. In my dream, I thought I had just woken up from this (when in fact I was still fast asleep!) I then saw my phone was going off on a witheld number. I answered it and it was this girl, (who was in fact posessed) saying "I'm coming for you..." then laughed in an uber scary way. Obviously I hang up, then I woke up properly!

I really have no idea what made me dream like that, if there is something going on in my head, or if it was yet another random dream...hmm.... just wondered what people think - anyone study psychology?!

To guess-analyze, only since you asked:
The thing you think you're searching for, you already know, but you are holding back from consciously realizing/admitting it to yourself, because it wwould entail rethinking other things in your life (that currently seem good) as being ugly and bad

or restated:

The one thing you really want to do, or the person you would most wish to be, you can do/be, you already know how, but you won't have a normal life

But, as always, I KNOW NOTHEENK!!

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   
MCoG1980,
From your last post it sounds like you have been diagnoses with a seizure disorder is that correct?

Most of the time but not all of the time if I get a loud ringing or buzzing in my ears it is connected to an interdimensional event.

A couple of times it has been realated to a dead person. Sometimes it takes the form of what some people call the alien encounter/abduction phenomena.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 03:18 AM
link   
deltaalphanovember,
I am very interested in reading what you have posted but my sleeping aids are starting to kick in. I will try to get back to your posts soon.

BTW how did you come up with your username?

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   
its the military phonetic alphabet.

hm, lemme guess, your name's Dan, yeah?! lol!

and nine eyed eel - interesting about the latter part. I never thought of it that way. Well, you obviously know something, heh

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by valley

Valley, it's the military phonetic alphabet
My name is Daniel - I thought I was being clever but the members on this site are very sharp. My name is Daniel but I thought DeltaAlphaNovemberIndiaEchoLima was a bit of a tongue twister. I was a radar/radio operator in an Anti-Aircraft Regiment (cleaning the guns seemed too dirty a job for me
) and that alphabet has stuck with me.

I am VERY interested in dreams now (predictive or not), and the OP has created very good thread which has been so informative. It does not get the credit it deserves.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by emmy

Emmy, you are 100% correct. Big
to you! Not many people know this (and this may sound sexist), especially women. I find the phonetic alphabet rather useful when calling those call centers where the person helping you does not have a very good grasp of English.

One of my jobs where I was a software developer for a call-center, I made it my duty to teach each person the phonetic alphabet! They could not understand why, but later on they grasped the concept and actually thanked me. Life skills.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join