It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question About Dreams?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
REPLY TO POST BY tinfoil hatter

Hey you, thanx for the reply but I trust my intuition so much other ppl dont believe me and judge me. Even if what I said came true, suddently they dont remember I said that. I know lots of things before they appear or they know. I feel it from the voice even. I cant stand people who I dont like the voice and it says there is something fake in it.

I guess the dreams tell me something is not solved so it must be right now! till it wont I wont be in good state. They say it cant be even upcoming disease so I am worried a bit.

Matika

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaalphanovember

Read my profile and you'll see I'm ex-Royal Air Force, matey
I was a Medic

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Im glad to see this topic still has some steam. Emmy do you or the other members ever write your dreams down? There have been many times I document my dreams. I have to admiit that some of my dreams are way crazy but i try to make sense of them however it is quite difficult

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I personally believe that dreams are just the brains way of storing information that has been accumulated throughout the day in the form of images, hence your dreams. Having said that and being open minded, I'm willing to entertain the idea, that there might be more to it.

I'm pretty good at recalling my dreams and the dream I had yesterday morning was totally bizarre, probably more so because it's the first dream I've ever had, whereby I wasn't a human.

In my dream I was a small male alien like creature wearing a scruffy brown robe like garment that also covered my head. I was with others of my kind, mostly children and women that were running in fear from other aliens who were so much taller and menacing than myself. By comparison I felt like a dwarf. These creatures were huge.

It was a dark, mountainous world with the only light coming from the flashes of lightning off in the distance. As the hunters got closer, I decided that the only way some of us were going to get away, was if I sacrificed myself or at least got them to follow me and allow the others to escape. Well the plan worked, the others escaped, but unfortunately I was caught.

The scene then switched where I found myself in the middle of a pentagram circle, surrounded by huge stones, like Stone Henge. At every point there were these huge Aliens wearing black robes, that also covered their heads, so I couldn't see their faces. These Aliens were holding staffs that they used to electrocute me. I was levitating in a horizontal position at the centre of this circle and these beings tortured me continuously with their staffs. I was in absolute pain, screaming and shouting in agony at the top of my voice. At one point I was looking down on myself and could hear the screams reverberate and echo throughout the mountains. I got the impression that this went on for five days. It was hard to tell as there was no light on this planet, just darkness. These beings somehow wanted me to be submissive to them and recognise their authority, but I refused to give in and the torture went on, until I let out one final scream and then died. At that moment I woke up.

A very strange dream indeed, but no more so than many of the other dreams I've had and been able to recall.

Sweet Dreams..

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by cmd18B

I tried to write them down a while ago, but I found it so tedious. I know I shouldn't have to feel like it was a chore to, but hey, it did, lol! I may just try and do that this weekend, I got lots I still remember, fingers crossed!

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Dan,
I figured your username was something like that. I read your previous ATS thread. My first thought was how similar your experience was to cerrtain aspects of the UFO phenomena. Many people are shown for whatever reason these types of images during experiences.

I know from personal experience that the uFO phenomena has many ohter psi aspects to it other than just seeing a craft.

One of my freinds was sseing the number 11 for about a year and never figured out what it meant

I have lucid dreams all the time where I am unable to control the dream so if it is scary I just make myself wake up. Some of these lucid dreams are also prophetic.

Interesting and scary ealier thread. Welcome to the WTF is going on world. The more you study it the more you know there is alot more to study.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   
kindred,
Your post just cracked me up becasue you start off saying you believe dreams are just the brains way of storing information that has accumulated thoughout the day...You then go on to tell the most bizarre dream that should win an award on this thread.

Ok unless you are a science fiction writer and/or read horror flicks for a hobbie where would such a dream come from?

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I am very creative and have a very vivid imagination, but there's no need to insult me, as I'm simply telling the truth. The human imagination is very powerful and throughtout the day we are accumalating information we are not even aware of as we go about our business. I play alot of RPG games, I read alot of science fiction and I also tend to watch alot of sci-fi, such as Stargate etc. So it stands to reason that when all this information is stored away by our subconscious in the form of dreams, it very rarely makes any sense.

Dreaming is a natural part of the sleep process, everyone sleeps; therefore everyone dreams. Dreams are the mind's way of processing the overload of information that cannot be processed by the conscious mind during the waking hours. Your mind is a busy thing - it never stops, even when you are at rest. Your mind takes in so much information during the day that some of it has to be stored away to be processed at a later time - and this occurs when you dream. Scientific fact!

I think it's safe to say that you simply cannot handle the fact that there is nothing prophetic or extra ordinary about dreams. Unless of course you have proof that shows otherwise. When it comes to human imagination, there are no limitations or boundaries, therefore when it comes to dreams, any scenario no matter how bizarre is possible. How do you think artists are able to create such wonderous paintings. It's called imagination.

[edit on 24-9-2008 by kindred]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Kindred,
I am fairly new to this site and by no means did I mean to insult you. You did answer my thought about where your conscious or unconscious mind could have picked up this input. I will be more careful in the future of how I express myself.

I do have proof, if you want to call it that, that some of my dreams have been prophetic. My overall life story is truely unbelievable which indicates paranormal avtivity. I have had several qualified people validate this. I do not want to divulge too much of my story for personal privacy reasons.

Again sorry about the misunderstanding.

[edit on 24-9-2008 by valley]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Hey folks,
can you explain me this so-still-repeating dream?

I am on the lift but no walls and ceiling. Only floor. However I put the right number but it takes all floors but not mine or the number of my floor is not there visible. It is unstable or suddenly all looks like my house and I take stairs instead but still no number of that floor I live in. I meet people I know and didnt see so long and they speak with an odd language

Anna93

Not on symbology, but this reminds me of some of Robert Monroe's (alleged) experiences in his books, like it reminds me of a dream that's actually a cover for out-of-body-experience while sleeping, you rise up and up, and then the odd-talking people are like the ones in his other nearby realms, that you travel and see, when out-of-body...I'm not saying that that's what you're doing, just that that's what it reminds me of...

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmd18B
Im glad to see this topic still has some steam. Emmy do you or the other members ever write your dreams down? There have been many times I document my dreams. I have to admiit that some of my dreams are way crazy but i try to make sense of them however it is quite difficult

Yeah I got several thousand written down, back to 1995...haven't been as diligent this year as some past years...I try to use them as seeds for short story ideas...Dreams about people I know are to me uninteresting but fortunately I mostly never have those, instead I'm travelling in some distant place like science fiction or movies...

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to NINE-EYED-EEL

------------------------------------

hey Niney, thanks for respong but not helping much I guess. Probably it is the fear of the flat I wont to get into but I am not living there anymore so why again this dream visits me?
They say those dreams advice you should work it out and definitely it hasnt been solved yet. Others say something bad is coming to me ... mostly diseases so that is why I am afraid of .. you know, I cant influence the dreams so that is why. Some say you can and that people should lead the dreams but I think dreams are something what will never happen.

Plus I cant remember why some dreams are so LIVE I believe it happened just when I wake up.
thanks for reply of anyone or someone who experienced?
Anna
Pink

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by emmy

Emmy, once a medic ... and now you are healing our dreams!
Here is another thread you may be interested in joining. It's also about dreams and very interesting: Precognitive Dreams

Here is a question: I wonder if there people in this world who don't dream at all, and what type of people are these personality-wise?

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Hi Valley, apology accepted and welcome to ATS. I believe that extraordinary claims demand extraordinary proof. Having said that, science cannot always validate everything, but still if there's no proof you should always use your own reasoning to determine it's validity. I've had plenty of bizarre spiritual experiences myself that I can only prove to myself, so I understand where you're coming from.

As for your prophetic dreams, I would be interested in hearing about your own experiences, especially those that you don't mind sharing.

I had another bizarre dream last night. I was on holiday in Japan. The dream started where I was walking along this street and I could feel the ground becoming hotter beneath my feet, to the point that my shoes started to melt, so I started running up this hill towards a building which I then entered. In the room was a tv and the news was on. They were saying that earthquakes were happening all over Japan and part of Japan was sinking into the sea. At that point my dream shifted to where I was on a bus that was driving past mount Fuji that was off in the distance. I was admiring the scenery, then all of a sudden mount Fuji blew it's top and rocks and debris were raining down all over the place. The bus driver was swerving left and right trying to avoid the bigger ones, but eventually ended up crashing the bus. My dream was interrupted at this point, as the door bell went, which woke me up.

Another bizarre dream. You could so easily say it's prophetic, but then again it could so easily be explained away as nothing more than a vivid imagination.

Hi cmd18B, I keep meaning to write down my dreams or keep a dream diary, but I never seem to get around to it. Dreams are certainly interesting and mysterious and it would be great if you could decipher their real meaning, if there is one.

hi deltaalphanovember, I can remember most dreams, but my mam claims that's she never be able to recall any dreams whatsoever, but I doubt that this is because she's never dreamed. Some people can remember and some people can't. After reading many science articles, I've always been lead to believe that everyone dreams, because if they didn't, they would go mad.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by kindred

The Boer prophet Siener Van Rensburg had a similar vision about Japan -

In addition, van Rensburg predicted civil war in Bosnia. His predictions, Snyman said, after examining van Rensburg's manuscripts housed in a museum in Lichtenburg, include prophecies that Japan will be destroyed by earthquakes, that racial violence will explode worldwide at the turn of the century and begin World War III, and that the UK would be hit by several plagues at the start of World War III.

Siener van Rensburg

But who knows, maybe your dream was just a dream. As I have stated before, most predictive dreams can only be verified after the event.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I have had prophetic dreams for along time.Some of them are personal and others tap into world events. I also have just regular hashing out what is one my mind dreams too. Most of the time to two feel feel different. I had a dream journal for a few months back in 2005. I only write down the ones l that I feel are important now.

I am trying to locate some of them now. I will post a few dreams in my next post once I find them and have a little bit more time and my brain is working better. My cat woke me up too early and I couldn't go back to sleep.

I find it intersting how many people dream about world disasters. I really hope some of these are NOT prophetic at all.

[edit on 25-9-2008 by valley]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   

deltaalphanovember
But who knows, maybe your dream was just a dream. As I have stated before, most predictive dreams can only be verified after the event.

My thoughts exactly. Probably why I'm sceptical of people who claim dreams are prophetic. There's six billion people on this planet, who all dream and if some of these dreams are prophetic, then it stands to reason that we should have had prove by now. Yet all we have are people who claimed to have had a prophetic dream, but like you said, they are only verified after the event has happened, never before. Still I'm open minded so who knows, maybe someday we'll have that proof.

Valley
I find it intersting how many people dream about world disasters. I really hope some of these are NOT prophetic at all.

Well I wouldn't worry too much, I've had plenty of dreams that involved nuclear explosions or even worse and the fact that we are still here speaks volumes. The subconscious is very complex, for the most part it absorbs information we are not even aware of. It could be a simple case of flicking through all the TV channels and lets face it, that's something we all do and this information is then stored away and later recalled as part of your dreams. There's also the fact that mainstream tv is obsessed by doom and gloom, as well as wars. Is it therefore any wonder that we are dreaming about nightmare scenarios.

I look forward to reading about your own prophetic dreams.

[edit on 27-9-2008 by kindred]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Ive been having some real strange dreams again, I have to see a neuro about my head injury but the oddest thing has been happening, Ive been getting a loud ringing in my ear lately..What do you guys think about the ringing, Its loud and happens alot.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Is it like a monotone noise which goes on forever? I get that often, annoys the crap out of me. However that's just a regular thing that happens and is some sort of medical thing....

(I do have a point, however I'm a bit slow today. At least I know what I'm talking about. Maybe just ignore me???
)

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
@ Emmy:
Which direction are you sleeping?
Your head isn't pointign north, is it?
That could be a reason for the dreams. As to the meaning... er.... gotta go... !

...I've no idea, sry.
I've had some wierd dreams and nightmares as well lately. Usually "end of the world" scenes and losing loved ones. I know their meaning => too much ATS!

BB,
Samuel

EDIT to add:
round about the middle of the night, I woke up with the following answer:
Ghost-hunting is your thread. You were probably thinking about the thread and combined it with the thought of posession by demons (you either read about it the same day or it could be an inner fear, when thinking about ghost-hunting) => that would be the subject of your dream.
As to it being so vivid, I'll pass back to the experts!

I don't know if the above statement is true, I wasn't even interested in answering to this thread again, but as I said: I woke up up at approx. midnight and 'remembered' this answer. So I'll pass it on.

Blessings,
Samuel

[edit on 15-10-2008 by Aldolas]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join