It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US rejects Israeli request for bunker-busters: report

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

thats like me asking chips if i can drive accross australia....

Permission granted.

Point well made, though.

What would that say about Iraqi sovereignty if the U.S. just said, 'yeah, go for it.'?

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

Cheers for the reply.

So, yeah, this does seem a little odd to say the least.

The Iranians are meeting with IAEA officials on Monday to discuss the situation, so maybe all will be explained then. (If indeed there's actually anything to explain at all).

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Russia, US pull further apart on Iranian nuclear activities

Russian president Dmitry Medvedev said Friday a military solution to the standoff over Iran’s nuclear ambitions is unacceptable and there is no need for new sanctions. At the same time, Washington has imposed new sanctions on Iran, blacklisting a main shipping line and 18 subsidiaries. The US government accuses the maritime carrier of ferrying contraband nuclear material, which Tehran denies.

Washington sources predict this may be the prelude to more series actions, such as a naval blockade to choke off Iran’s imports of fuel products.

Moscow continues to support the European Union’s diplomatic drive to trade incentives for Iran’s consent to curb “some of its nuclear activities.”

Monday, Sept. 15, the nuclear watchdog’s director Mohamed ElBaradei is expected to present a new report on Iran’s controversial neutral program to the IAEA’s board of governors meeting in Vienna.

Tehran has been asked to account for 50-60 tons of missing uranium from its main enrichment site at Isfahan. It is enough to produce five or six nuclear bombs and is suspected of having been diverted to secret sites to boost the covert production of weapons-grade uranium.

(DEBKA)

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Iran doesn't have nukes and the only Islamic state that have nukes is pakistan.US is just waiting for the right moment for Pakistan to do something and BANG US air force will be bombing pakistani nuke facilities before we know.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
While I think that Iran having nukes is worrisome. Realistically, the policy of isolation towards are enemies has failed EVERY SINGLE TIME. It doesn't isolate the elite, and the leaders. It brings the common man in the country to there aid, because the isolation NEVER hurts the elite. They have enough money to pay for stuff. The people that it hurts and it alienates is the common man.

America needs to wake up. It needs to close all its bases around the world, withdraw from NATO, and concentrate in our back yard, North & South America. In 20 years, the majority of America will not be caucasian. It will be Hispanic. These are the ties we need to develop. These are the ties that we need to have. As this is the way that America is going.

As a government we no longer can afford to be a superpower. We have gutted our middle class, which was the base that paid for all of this. We can not continue to wage war after war, provide aid to the tune of 100's of Billions, spend Billions on a military industrial complex.

Its kinda of the philsophy of a bully, you keep being one and one day the whole school yard will turn against you.

just my 2 cents.

Camain

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by chips
reply to post by Harlequin

thats like me asking chips if i can drive accross australia....

Permission granted.

Point well made, though.

What would that say about Iraqi sovereignty if the U.S. just said, 'yeah, go for it.'?

wasnt there an incident that got leaked about american fighters turning back israeli jets that had entered iraqi airspace onroute to iran a while ago?

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Here is a link ot Chips' later thread that talks about the turn around from the US who is now not only selling the bunker busters to Israel but also supplying the UAE and some other countries with missile shields.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Shere Khaan

Yeah, my thread has been closed now, Shere.

I'm still not entirely sure why (by that logic, this thread should be closed, too).

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by chips

Yeah I linked it because it was closed, it is more recent than this one. I think the mod just made a mistake and thought it was on the same topic as this one and the other one on the front page.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Drudge report five minutes ago. They have been approved. The game is on. Apparently nuking was for the faint of heart.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

Cheers for that, Shere.

Yeah, I think it must've been a mistake or something.

Jpm: Already?!

Congress had like 30 days to approve. Ah, well. This is the green light.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I'm not sure how long delivery is going to take, but I imagine they'll fly them over. I'm guessing by the end of this month we are going to see major pressure on Iran.

The US just has to sort out relations with Russia to allow this to progress.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
WTF?

With White House Push, U.S. Arms Sales Jump

WASHINGTON — The Bush administration is pushing through a broad array of foreign weapons deals as it seeks to rearm Iraq and Afghanistan, contain North Korea and Iran, and solidify ties with onetime Russian allies.

From tanks, helicopters and fighter jets to missiles, remotely piloted aircraft and even warships, the Department of Defense has agreed so far this fiscal year to sell or transfer more than $32 billion in weapons and other military equipment to foreign governments, compared with $12 billion in 2005.

So not only are they arming Israel but Iraq, Afghanistan and Egypt (who incidentally get given a huge chunk of money from the US to buy said weapons). Holy crap $32 billion in arms sales this year already.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Yeah, I was wrong. Congress has 30 days to object, not approve.

The US Department of Defense has notified Congress of a potential sale to Israel of 1,000 smart bombs capable of penetrating underground bunkers, which would likely be used in the event of a military strike on Iran's nuclear facilities.

The notification to Congress was made over the weekend by the Defense Security Cooperation Agency, the branch of the Pentagon responsible for evaluating foreign military sales. Congress has 30 days to object to the deal.

(The Jerusalem Post)

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
IAEA: No nuclear material missing in Iran

""The article, entitled 'Iran renews nuclear weapons development' published in (Friday's) Daily Telegraph by Con Coughlin and Tim butcher is fictitious,"" IAEA Spokeswoman Melissa Fleming said in a statement.

""IAEA inspectors have no indication that any nuclear material is missing from the plant,"" reads the statement.

This just keeps getting stranger. Granted this is from Iran, but it quotes the IAEA directly. This has caused some major repurcussions, it gets closer and closer to Iraqi WMD every day.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join