It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Table Topics

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
lol! I didn't even think about dolphins or whales. I wonder how a dolphin would do in my bathtub? Probably not designed for apartment living. But I could definitely see how a dolphin would be a fun pet.

Raccoons I'm not sure about. I'm kinda scared of them.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I was obsessed with dolphins and mermaids when I was young. I got to pet the king dolphin at Seaworld on my 23rd birthday.. They feel like velvet.
I fed a raccoon a butterfinger bar at a motel in California. It came right up to the sliding glass door and took the little pieces out of my hand.. I wanted one then.
I have rats, so it is like a big rat to me.

#6 If you were going to create a new holiday what would it be and how would people celebrate it?

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Raccoons are all cute with their little hands and little masks on....until they strew your trash all over your entire yard and you have to clean up the leftovers you threw away last tuesday and it leaves grease stains on your patio and driveway. Yes, I lived this very story this week. I hate raccoons. Damn them and their cleverness!

If I could keep a wild animal as a pet it would be a bear. I love the way bears look
. Or an elephant. I loooove elephants. They're so sweet mostly and very smart. I got to work at the zoo for a day once and I spent most of my time with the elephants. I love how tactile they are with their trunks.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I think there are too many holidays as it is...
#7 In what language would you like to be fluent?

I would say Greek.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by seagrass

I agree about there being too many holidays.

Practically speaking, I'd like to be fluent in Spanish or Korean, because those are the languages most people in my neighborhood speak (well, and English). For personal reasons I'd like to be fluent in Welsh (because I'm more Welsh than any other ethnicity but know nothing about it really)

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Hi all!

#5 Anyone on the boards that knows me would know I would tame a cute and cuddly Koala and name him Fluffy.
#6 Koala Day
#7 I would learn to speak Italian, I think it's sexy.

Rush

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 06:20 AM
link   
THE UNION SUPPORTS THIS THREAD----

And yes

Rush is very pleasant to talk to !

[edit on 22-9-2008 by q_ball]

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by sc2099
I hate raccoons. Damn them and their cleverness!

Me too! I have a backyard full of them...little thieves. They steal everything, planters, feeders, baskets, glasses and cups....anything they can get their little claws arounds. And on top of that they eat my candles, I don't get it. No worries, my koala will take care of them!

Originally posted by q_ball
Rush is very pleasant to talk to !

You too, friend!

Rush

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
#8 If you could have any view from your bedroom window what would it be?

Thanks for the support Q.

Hey Rush!

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Hi seagrass!

#8 If I can't look out and see some koalas, then I would have to say that I'd love to have a view of the mountains with no light pollution and a bazillion stars.

Rush

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I would want a hot spring grotto and hanging vines.....

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Ohhhh, now that would be lovely.

Rush

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagrass
#8 If you could have any view from your bedroom window what would it be?

Probably the East River, the Queensboro Bridge, and the Manhattan skyline

I'm too much of a city girl to live on the shore, though there's nothing quite like waking up to waves breaking on the beach just outside your window.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
When are old things better than new things?

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagrass
When are old things better than new things?

When they come with stories, whether the stories are known or not.

You know how sometimes you'll see something in a thrift store that you just know was loved and used and carries some of that with it?

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Yes, I totally know that feeling. I also have gotten rid of antiques or old junk that didn't have that feeling and almost the reverse. I bought an old wisk broom, lol, that bugged me everytime I saw it. So I got rid of it.

I love old primitive furniture, simple lines. I have a thing for old office stuff too. Old staplers, scissors, and stuff like that. Also old farm antiques.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   

I would love to be fluent in Japanese. I have dabbled in Russian, Japanese, Farsi, and French, and studied Latin for years, but never had the time to devote to Japanese that I wanted. I think it's so beautiful.

Did you ever study Greek or do you just appreciate it?

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by hsur2112

LOL I can't believe they steal your belongings. That would be funny and cute if it weren't so annoying to experience. The ones in my area are only interested in things they can eat...but never any candles.

Do you mean to say you have a pet koala?

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I just think the classics would be good to know.. Latin, Greek, I want to go to Greece. I would also like to learn German as we have family there, and I want to know when they are making fun of me... lol. Actually I would love to live in Germany. I went there during Christmas and fell absolutely in love with it. I love the mix of new technology and old old tradition. And it's really clean.

#10 How did your parents meet and fall in love?

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Come on everyone has parents, I know they may not have "fell in love" though, Mine met working summers at the local cannery. I don't think they were ever in love. I think it was a practical thing to do once they had been dating for a while and my mom wanted the hell out of her parents house... My dad was going to medical school and my mom married him right out of high school. One lady at the cannery told my mom not to marry him, "that he had a girl in every port"...lol... He had affairs and they divorced.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join