It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Table Topics

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   
#11 would you rather be smarter, more athletic, or better-looking?

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by sc2099
Do you mean to say you have a pet koala?

Hehe, no...only in my own delusion. I just really love koalas. But I really do have "candle eating/back porch items stealing" raccoons.

Ok #.....um, I forgot...
But my parents were high school sweethearts.

And #...the next one...
I would definitely rather be smarter. I love to play tennis, I love to hike, so I'm a little athletic, I'm not the ugliest duckling in town, so I would have to say smarter. My dream as a child was to be an astronomer, but I severely lacked the matmatical skills to do so. Not to mention the failure that I've felt over the years not being able to help my daughter with math, also not her strongpoint, past the 6th grade....UG.

Rush

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I love this thread -- it's so cool to see how everyone answers

10) My parents met at a fraternity mixer during my mom's freshman year of college. She was there as my dad's best friend's date He had a chat with his friend, asked her out on a picnic, and that was that. That was 45 years ago and they're still in love

11) I would rather be more athletic. I'm lazy as can be, and I got away with it until I turned 35 just because I have a fast metabolism. But each year now it's harder to get away with :shk:

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
smarter for me too. I used to be athletic like you and a high metabolism, I never gained weight even when I ordered a medium pizza every night in college and ate it all by myself. I used to be cuter and younger too. But that got me into trouble.
Being smarter because then I might actually do some of the things I dream of.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
#12 what is your favorite ride at an amusement park?

#13 What one thing would you want to know about the future from a psychic?

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
12) Roller coasters, definitely. Not so much loop-the-loops, my favorites are the ones that go around lots of bends really fast so you're pretty much sideways

13) I'm superstitious about asking about my future. I won't ask any question that I'm not willing to hear either answer to. So, although I'd like to know if, for example, I'll fall in love again and get married, I only really want to know if the answer is yes. If it's no then I'd rather live in ignorance. Did that make sense?

Right now, I'm facing a decision about what kind of degree to pursue, so maybe I would ask which would make me happier.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
what are some of the areas you want to pursue? Maybe I can ask you some questions about them and see if you already know which one it is...

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I can deal with Ferris Wheels, and I have gone on rollercoasters, but I have a fear of heights so that was mostly in my youth.

I guess I would want to know if one of my dreams will come true.... not telling what that is....

[edit on 7-10-2008 by seagrass]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
#14 When was it most difficult to persevere when you wanted to quit?

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagrass

When I ended my marriage about this time last year.
I went from living with my mom to living with him, and I had never done anything on my own. I knew my kids were totally dependent on me now..and at times..I broke down.
I have lots of friends that pulled me through though.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I totally understand that, and know exactly what you are going through. I left my first husband with a 6 month old, and I had no self sufficiency either. I was a single mom for 8 years before I met my husband now. But I grew as a person quite a bit.

My first daughter actually misses those days, when it was just her and I in my little cottage. I had to get creative..and she really enjoyed it. I miss them too sometimes. I did become independent in a lot of ways. I wish you the best on the journey you are taking.

Mine was a job I had working with backstabbing women. I wanted to quit everyday... and eventually I did.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Hi gals

#12) I like the really fast roller coasters that do the 360 loops. I HATE the ferris wheels, I too have a fear of heights and dread it when they stop and you're at the top. As long as the roller coaster can get me from point A to point B really fast, I'm good. The wooden roller coasters, ug, are too jerky and hurt my neck.

#13) I guess that the only thing that I would want to know is if my marriage is going to survive, if it isn't I would rather just get on with my life.

#14) AD, you and I have so much in common. I too stayed with my mother (because of her health problems) and went right into marriage. I have never experienced being on my own (even though hubby travels all the time). I really feel like I missed out on something.

But to answer this question, the day (not so long ago) that I pulled into my garage, stared blankly and put the car in reverse to drive as far away as possible, as I got about halfway out of the garage I changed my mind, pulled back in and parked. I perservered that day.

Rush

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Oh that is sad. I used to sit at the top of the stairs and cry in my first marriage. I was so confused and lonely....

What is your favorite dessert?

# 16 what would you do for fun if you had to give up TV and electronics?

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Oh that is sad. I used to sit at the top of the stairs and cry in my first marriage. I was so confused and lonely....

Yes, I understand. I am very blessed, however, to have a large family and an abundant amount of friends, not to mention all of my ATS/BTS friends that keep me in check. Confused?-definitely.

I can't decide between my fave chocolate mousse pie or the double layer cream cheese pumpkin pie.

During the day: Bake.....or get a job. hehe
At night: Stargaze endlessly with my kids.

Rush

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
cheesecake or caramelized bananas

I would go to the river in the summer and swim and play
In winter, paint.

I have a small family. You are lucky you have many. My husband comes from a very large family so I reap the benefits of that.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
#17 who is one of your heros and why do they inspire you?

purple is bad!#18 what is the easiest thing you have ever done? and vise versa?

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   

what are some of the areas you want to pursue? Maybe I can ask you some questions about them and see if you already know which one it is...

i'm sorry seagrass -- I didn't see that you had answered the other day.

The big question I have to figure out is really how important studies and career will be in my life.

I love what I'm learning, but I could go two ways with it: stay where I am, get a Doctor of Pharmacy degree or perhaps a Masters in Public Health, and work either in a hospital or city/non-profit setting.

Or, go for a Ph.D. in pharmacology or molecular biology. That would very likely mean relocating, and really intense focus on career for the foreseeable future. I'm just not sure I'm up for relocating and starting a whole new life at 37. I've done it too many times already; I'm tired and I want to know where home is.

But I'm also single, and have no children. I'm pretty okay with the no children part, though I'm not looking forward to the day when it becomes no longer an option. But if I'm going to be alone, I think I need to have a career that I can really focus all my energy into without getting burned out, and I think I could do that with research more than working directly with people or in the system.

I've got a year or so before I apply to graduate schools, but it's pretty heavy on my mind.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Eight years ago I stopped drinking; it was the hardest thing I've ever done. There were so many days when I just couldn't figure out why I ever thought it might be worth it.

Mmmmm.... what isn't my favorite dessert? I really love fruit cobblers, though. They're so cozy and scrumptious. I had a peach-ginger-blackberry cobbler last week that was incredible

Read, and draw. Walk around the city and watch people. Take pictures of old industrial buildings and little pocket parks. I'd miss the internet like crazy, but I almost never turn on my TV anymore.

Okay, one soul-baring and three questions. 'Nuff from me for now
I'll answer the last two later.

to all the beautiful (inside and out) BTS women

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
hmmm. lofty! If it were me, I would go for the area that would give me the most options for employment while being able and free to move or stay. That control would be important to me. That I would decide where I go and when. But if you really enjoy it and can see yourself with a Phd, then that would give you a lot of choice as well. I love to move and home to me is where I hang my "heart" so to speak, but moving a lot can make you need roots. If you have a strong social life I would try to stay where you have a solid network of friends and aquaintances in such a volatile world.. if you know what I mean. But if you are already on your way in graduate studies I would go for it... You are friendly and would probably make new friends fast.
No kids gives you much freedom, but having kids can make your life tedious. It is quite the toss up for a woman. I would recommend it to anyone for the richness it gives your life. You could always adopt too if you were self sufficient and well off financially. I hope you can make your decisions before you find someone.. so you are on your true path first. I am 38 and have a 7 year old, and I thought I was too old to be having another one, but she brings me so much joy. I am more "tired" than I was with the first, but I am grateful for her now, she keeps me young. You may meet a man who has children too.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Thanks seagrass

Partly I think it's me trying to be more in control of my life than I really am. As you say, even having kids is still very much a possibilty (my cousin, who's two years older than me, just had her first two days ago. Yay!!!) And if I do meet a guy and get married, the chance are pretty good at this point that he would have kids.

Whichever way I choose, I think there will be great payoffs but also a lot of struggle. A concern either way is funding the education without resorting to taking grants or loans from companies I don't want to owe my soul to. It'll be possible, but not easy.

What I really hate is feeling like I might have to close off some opportunities, but that's just part of life. I've too often stuck things out "just in case" it worked, afraid that I "wouldn't get the opportunity" again.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join