It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

True Blood - HBO

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   
yeah true that theres too much sex in the series but i really like the series.
I thought season 1 wasnt that great but kept on watching,it gets better

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I love the True Blood series. It's brilliantly crafted by Alan Ball. He did Six Feet Under, and American Beauty. I think his characters are well fleshed out, each one is interesting. It's filled with fabulously sexy people! And, too much sex? Bring it on baby! You can't have a series about vampires without sex. And, if you mention Twilight, well, just because you aren't seeing sex, doesn't mean it's not heavily implied. I could masturbate to their kissing scene, it's akin to sex onscreen as any other sex scene. In True Blood, you actually see the sex, bonus! And, it does fit the plot!

Just my 2 cents...

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Where was true blod this week

I dragged myself away form ATS and turned on the TV and all!

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
We have just got the series here in the UK on FX. we are about 5 episiodes in and I really enjoy it. Some great characters and a great story, I hope this isn't another good series that gets cancelled.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Kurokage

I don't think so, season 2 is even better and more popular, so that's a good sign,

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I'm actually making a True Blood Mystery Dinner for my wife's birthday party this week. We're all playing characters from the show, even ordered some of the Tru Blood beverages...so all can have one... Should be fun.

It's nice to see a show where vamps stick to the night, instead of "sparkling" in the daylight, or (like in vamp diaries) have some ring out of a cracker jack box that negates the weakness...

I'm sorry, but daylight vampires would mean they would rule us all like cattle...can't stand vampire fiction with daywalking vamps.....

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Absolutely hooked on the show and have the blu ray on pre-order, am a sucker for anything with vampires in it so it ticks every box.

Just wondering if I should pick the books up now?

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
The books are good, but really different than the show. The main characters are the same, but some of the side characters in the show play little or no part in the books and vice versa. Love the show, and I'm on book 2 right now. My daughter has read all the books and loves them.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Was browsing the books last night, bought dead until dark

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
The books are pretty good (read all but the last one), but I like the directions the show goes in better actually, oddly enough... (although the Sookie + Eric bit (book 4 I think) was pretty funny, and I hope they go there....)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I am just watching the series now... I think it is a great drama.

Did laugh though with some of the comments that there was too much sex in it... ha ha ha ha ha ha

what about the violence? lol

either way, I will watch the entire series... I am hooked

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
The sex lets up a bit as you get through the series. It's still part of the show, but there's much more there, such as the characters, that keep it interesting.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I am not bothered by the sex. The level of violence was more disturbing but maybe I am getting used to the violence cos it is not bothering me as much as it was?

Just made me laugh that the most of the comments posted herein were focused on the sex scenes ...

that is weird.

sort of like the Actor David Duv*oops spelling??? (someone who used to be on X Files)... he said when he starred in Californication he his popularity went down hill...

I can't quote him precisely but he said something like... "people would rather see him killing a person rather than him having a threesome... "

I have more of a problem with blood and guts .. either way, it is a good drama...

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

I think with him, that he's linked with the character of Fox Mulder, so any role or behavior that is different, will be frowned upon by fans of that show....at least somewhat.

If anything, the violence on True Blood has increased, but then, it kind of does in the books too (she's constantly being beat up in the books)...and in need of vamp blood healing.

I can see where the violence could be disturbing, but for me, it's a big part of showing how "inhuman" the vampires really are. Their acceptance of violence really helps to differentiate them from us in the show.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join