It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

True Blood - HBO

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Okay - I actually broke down and signed up for HBO - just because of this series. I've never done something like this before. I have read the first book of the series and liked it.

It had too much sexual content for my taste (I'm old
) but the book was good and I think the series will be too.

Sookie .. a deep south waitress .. can hear thoughts.

Except for the thoughts of the vampires who have recently 'come out of the coffin' and who the whole world now knows exist.

A bit violent.
A bit too much sex.
But I guess that's the American way.

Anyone else going to watch?

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
My wife is into that stuff and she dvr'ed it. We haven't sat down to watch it yet though.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I saw the first episode.
I thought the acting was bad,
Every scene was overacted,IMO.
Its more of a day time soap opera then a story about vampires.
I was hoping it would be better.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Yeah I actually decided to watch and episode of it, because friends were saying it was really good. I agree there was too much sex. And the southern accents sounded really fake.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I saw the whole season. Best new show since Farscape imo. Can't wait until season 2. This summer from what I've read.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Jess_Undefined

This summary reminds me of an earlier series Kindred: The Embraced. They had a pretty good mix of soap-opera and gothic theme.

They'd have done better if they somehow could have worked some humor into it, giving it some range.

I'll have to take a look at it. Soap-opera-y sex could definitely be a turn-off.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
turned out better than i thought it would be, i thought it was gonna be corny like buffy the vampire slayer

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by radioactive_liquid

I'll have to take a look, then.

BTW, Buffy was about cheese, not corn. It's all about the cheese.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Syandos

i'll make a note of that

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
OK, people, this is a must-have.

It's got Anna Paquin. You know Rogue in X-Men! (As a blonde!)

It won a Golden Globe.

IMdB member rates it 8 of 10 for acting, 10 out of 10 scenery and costumes and script.

Ex

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I love this series and it just isn't because of
Steven Moyer's portraying
the very , very HOT Bill Compton!

The underlying political and cultural innuendo
and at the end of the day...........

the HOT* HOT sex!

Guys, if you don't realize your woman will be so turned on
after a couple of these episopes.......
you must be DEAD!!!!

LOL

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Coming tomorrow by the way!

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Woo hoo! Can't wait!

Too much sex? Nah....love how it gets the wife all hot and bothered, hehe....(we too got HBO just for this show)...

This summary reminds me of an earlier series Kindred: The Embraced. They had a pretty good mix of soap-opera and gothic theme.

They'd have done better if they somehow could have worked some humor into it, giving it some range.

Kindred had many problems....vamps going out in the sunlight was one of them... In addition, for those familiar with the source material (who could have served as the most ardent fans), they completely departed from it. Brujahs are gang thugs, not Mafiosos, and the power differences between young and old vamps is immense, but not shown in the show. It had potential, but they screwed the pooch. At least True Blood shows us the violent and sexual creatures vampires are envisioned to be. Kudos for that.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Wow...Anna (Sookie) really started off this series with a "bang" huh?

Looks to be a great season with everything that is set in motion, especially with her brother, and the new mystery woman (witch maybe? I don't know, never read the books)....

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
It would be awesome if HBO strikes up a deal with Hulu to bring the new season out in episodes over there, I would gladly sit through the advertisements to catch the new season but there is just no way I can justify paying extra for HBO for a single show.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Well, it'd be cheaper to just wait, and pick up the season on DVD, but I knew I was going to lose the argument with the wife on that...

Gotta pick your battles...

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Looks like us men got a bit more of a treat this time instead for once

Sookie looked good naked and the mystery woman is mysteriously sexy.

[edit on 15-6-2009 by _Phoenix_]

Ex

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I haven't read the books yet, and don't think I will till the series is over.
I had one word while the credits ran and that was
" Damn"!
I loved the way they took each character and expanded on their individual stories.The wheel was pure genius, as was Eric's appearance from getting his hair done, and taking out the garbage while he was there.I now appreciate the Sheriff title , as with all societies, even vampire, there must be order

Loved the way Bill pulled off Sookies shorts, it had an animalistic quality . I didn't like the camera positioning throughout the sex scene though, the spooning position was a little too sentimental for my taste, I want to see all of Bill, top to bottom flat out or hanging from some chains on the headboard
Come on , how old is Bill, tell me he hasn't learned a few tricks, while gazing into a few beautiful women's eyes with those earthshattering peepers of his.
Sookies legs have a very long sexual quality, and I felt they missed that angle.I was waiting for the femural bite.......
ah, another day I quess, LOL!
Tara's kiss at the bar was very nice. I am really not sure about Sam and MaryAnne yet though.Their sex scene lacked the presence of unexpected sex, that I would have expected from a seventeen year old boy. I don't like the overpowering nature of her stance ,when she is in a shot with him, maybe I just haven't understood the relationship yet.
Jessica is fabulous, and the scene at the top of the stairs was great in insinuation.
Jason is also magnificent, sweet loveable horndog at heart, trying to put his energies in another direction, no matter how detrimental...
The artwork, music, and sets are just as wonderful as the so well casted characters!
True Blood, thank heavens for Japanese ingenuity

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Stuff the book!
Its back with a BANG!!!!!!
All those sexy people I prefer to see them rather than read about them
Though i have to say Bill isnt badass enough for me, too wussy (even though he's handsome)

Sookie needs a bad boy turned good.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Helig

you can watch it without ads online on megavideo

loaded within 5 mins of airing

www.surfthechannel.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join