It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Press Conference: No Run For President (2008)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Good Wolf

I am no political scholar, and I certainly hate politics, but for some reason it seems like that wouldn't be in RP's best interest. I might consider the other way around, with RP as prez.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Yeah. My wife received her absentee ballot today (where's mine??). I was disappointed to see that Paul's name wasn't on there, although there are a number of alternatives to the two hack parties.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
This will forever be known as the time America had the chance to save itself but threw that chance away. Listening to RP talk for two minutes is enough to show his knowledge and leadership over Obama or McCain. TWO MINUTES. But nooooo everyone's too busy trying to find the latest screw up from our candidates and fighting with each other. Screw it, I'm still voting Paul.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrGrieves
This will forever be known as the time America had the chance to save itself but threw that chance away...

Well maybe. But it might instead be known as the founding movement to reinstate the Constitution and put the real power back into the states, militias and the people instead of this federally controlled everything. The movement that threw out the corrupt, and ended big government. If it succeeds peacefully sometime in the future and eventually frees a people subject to the alternative (tyranny), then we have done better than all the bloodshed that 'freedom' has cost to this point.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I am very sad for Americans after hearing this.. I agree wholly with Ron Paul saying that a vote for the two major candidates is a waste.

Here in Canada I hope that we get our "Ron Paul" or what I'll deem close enough considering our selections as well but Jack Layton and the NDP have the best stance on a range of topics that I support like the internet, the war, north american union, etc...

I find it strange that the elections are stacked so close to each other, major changes hopefully for the United States and Canada.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
If there are 52 flags on that other thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...
which is now flat out untrue, you all better get to flagging the truth

Well, I wouldn't flat out call it untrue: After all, "truth" cannot be verified on a future event, it's only verifiable on a past event. I'd more likely call it something like "pre-disposed speculation."
The only reason I'd speculated Ron Paul as a substitution was because of the Memorandum I'd linked in my post on that other thread.
At any rate, I'd agree that it should probably be closed by a Mod because the reason for its posting is "time-expired," at the very least.

Still, at least since the press conference has now actually happened & not still under speculation of a future anticipation, I'd still think the announcements that did come out were encouraging.

[edit on 11-9-2008 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightDStroyer

Well the exact title of that thread is:

Ron Paul to Run For President!.Bob barr,nader,cynthia & others possibly to drop & endorse!

The first part of that statement is categorically wrong. False. BS. Caca. The untruth. Ignorance. And it pains me to see that right now as flagged all the way to the 2nd TOP topic on ats. I thought people would get a clue at 52 flags, but NO! They gave it 14 more flags! It does nothing for the credibility of this site to have wrong information near the top. But hey, I guess if they don't care, I suppose I'll have to start accusations that they care more about site traffic than the truth.

At over 1,000 views, and flagged into prominence, it is almost certain that at least one mod has seen this thread. And worse, lol, a bunch of my ats friends keep posting in the other thread! :shk: So ok, I guess it's time to submit a comp/sugg. *sigh*

More on topic, Ron Paul's interview with Wolf Blitzer was curious. When asked if he'd endorse Ralph Nader, he said no. Apparently he is not endorsing anyone, but merely endorsing that people reject the two mainstream parties and vote 3rd party. Also, when asked if he would help raise funds for any of the 3rd parties, Ron Paul said no.

Still no word that I have seen on whether he would accept Barr's invitation to run for VP.

In the meantime, anyone interested can watch video of him interview with Glenn Beck here:
www.campaignforliberty.com...

And the video of the Blitzer interview here:
www.campaignforliberty.com...

[edit on 11-9-2008 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrGrieves
But nooooo everyone's too busy trying to find the latest screw up from our candidates and fighting with each other. Screw it, I'm still voting Paul.

Bravo! All one needs to do and look our very own Decision 2008 boards and it is plainly obvious that all people really care about is if the other candidate makes a mistake. Sheesh we are only human. This is why I hate the elections because people are so sheepish when it comes to the candidates.

Go Ron Paul by the way.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Here is Russia Today's video coverage of the Ron Paul press conference:

www.russiatoday.com...

From what I can see, that was pretty straight forward, accurate, non biased coverage. Russia Today is quickly becoming a good source of information, and I am tending to trust them more, but still keep a wary eye.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
America and the world needs Mr. Ron Paul.

To bad he's not running.

Hopefully next round.

Peace,
FK

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Could Ron Paul be the "Putin" of the West?
While I'm no American I see that both big candidates of the Rep. and Dem. parties like to (as a matter of speech) play on the offense, and since that gets expensive, the expenses has to fall on the average American citizens back to be payed out. It would be a nice deal if the "paycheck" would stop there, usually it falls on other countries peoples backs too and this is the primary reason I'm making this post.
I also watch Russia that has switched to "playing their game" on the defense.
Can someone tell me why would it be too bad for the US to play in the defense for once? Who can touch Russia atm? Who would dare to touch an defensive US? I tell you, far fewer would oppose US contrary to what we see today. Today US is being in opposition by even her own citizens as I understand it.
Really it all comes down to what each one of us has to decide. If you can't decide having a "Putin" you will have a Bush, an Obama, or a Hillary.

Simple as that.

My 2 cents.

[edit on 11-9-2008 by spacebot]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

YES!!!!!!
I agree with All for 4 premises (Foreign Policy, Privacy, The National Debt, The Federal Reserve) proposed by Ron Paul and Company!

An audit of the Federal Reserve, including the International Monetary Fund and the World Bank, of which siphon funds from the John Q. taxpayer to PRIVATE accounts of the International banking cartel.
Now the international bankers may have good reason to pay a visit to their underground bunkers of which they created exclusively for themselves and their co-conspirators.
These proposals are huge, nonpartisan and a brilliant solution.
I believe these premises will take place especially when the public is informed of the plan.
Who among the citizenry of America would deny such a plan?
This is first time I've had reason to be excited here on ATS.
Our collective efforts are NOW paying off for the return to a Republic for the people; run by the people from the 'bottom up' as the founders of this country had had in mind from inception.

For the Audits to be successful, it will have to involve an impartial consortium of auditors from countries around the world. This is very important since you know the international banking cartels will do what ever they can to disrupt and/or sabotage this audit just as they did with the 9/11 investigation. I think it is quite evident by now who was behind that.
No more 'divide and conquer' tactics.
No more false flag operations.
No more deceit and media manipulation.
Just people coming together to compete in an free market society where we all truely have a 'free' market society.
Excellent!

[edit on 9/11/2008 by oceanaut1]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
In addition to auditing the IMF and World bank (owned by the international banking cartel) we need to audit the Bank of International Settlements most importantly since that is headquarters of the cartel.
Lets get back the TRILLIONS of US dollars illegally siphoned from the US taxpayer.

How about kicking Rothschild (the only trillionare among the cartel) out of the 'City of London' of which is a sovereign city within Greater London. Does anyone wonder why its the most highly guarded and secret city in the world?
Does anyone wonder why the Queen has to bow to Rothschild upon entrance to his kingdom?
The Queen is ok in my book as long as she remains as a figurehead of the people and not a monarch.
Parliament should focus on whats best for the people. With Rothschild and company out of the way.....this is possible.
Individuals and governing bodies need to have a system of checks and balances in place since we all know how power is like a drug of which is addictive by nature.
Our Creator didn't intend on Man to be omniscent over another or other political body. When this happens it violates natural law set forth in the Universe for Man to abide by.
If these laws are transgressed, the perpetrator is surely punished by that 'unseen' hand of justice that prevails among 'our' universe.
We must maintain 'order' amongst ourselves.
Every tyrant in history has led a short and miserable life as was intended for violations to Natural Law.
May we use Sapience from here foward and find meaning/revelation from within rather than seek guidance from 'another' of which can not really help you. We should seek guidance from the wise and learned though never direction. We must help ourselves and recognize the gifts each human has and help one another achieve that sense of "enlightenment" or sense of purpose of which is inherent in our 'being'.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Now what needs to be done is for ALL of the 3rd party candidates and their donorbase to create a INDEPENDENCE channel on the tele.

Promotion of the channel could be done via 'whatever' sources of media we could muster to promote this 4 thesis plan proposed by Ron Paul. Promoting the idea of an Independence channel (cable and satellite) would be easy if one were to mass promote the 4 thesis idea in connection with the Independence channel. Could one imagine a better advertising campaign for a new media channel than the idea of recapturing sovereignty in our media?
The brilliance behind the plan is simply that every citizen I can think of would be for it. Who woud be against it other than the obvious.
It has nothing to do PARTISAN politics.....but rather adherence to the US Constitution of which is in the interest of the US citizen as well as other democratic societies yearning for direction.
We need to take back the power of the media!
An Indepenent Channel would do just that and put the other networks out of business unless the other media networks were to conform to open source debate unbiased by the power/influence of the international banking cartel. The 'other' networks would find themselves having to compete with this Independence channel. They would have to change their ways or go out of business.

The world is a changing.
Lets see this through ASAP.
We can't afford not to with whats at risk this next term.
We are at a critical point of no return if the right decisions are not made over the next 4 year term.
Any other ideas as per promoting/funding a new mass media television channel focused on Independent views?

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Can we not all pull together to promote these ideas and spread the word? The internet is the perfect medium for this.
We could reach most of the world within days.
This news would spread like a virus of the good kind infecting originality of thought and uncompromised honest discussion by the people FOR the people.
How many people can you contact?
Cut, paste, send anyone?
It only takes a minute of our time.
How about sending this message to every member of the house of Reps, Senate and all other 'necessary' organizations?

www.sendanonymousemail.net... when necessary.

disc.yourwebapps.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

U. S. Senators
100 e-mails

----- Original Message -----

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>