It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Big NASA-Military Cover-up On Gravity And Atmosphere On The Moon!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
People weigh the same on the Moon as they do here.

But the Moon is smaller than Earth and so is its gravitational pull.

So, if one took a stroll on the Moon one day, indeed if one did anything whatsoever there, one would feel lighter.

And so would everything else that might be there, but only in relation to here.

It has been speculated, that if someone lived their life on the Moon, because of the decreased gravity they would grow to be about twenty four feet tall.

For the same reason, if they lived on Mars, they would be about eighteen feet tall.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by moonrat

I am on Earth, by the way.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by mikesingh

May I quibble, though, on one bit you repeated from an outside source regarding the Rovers? The 'tires' are not rubber. They are a metal mesh.

There is a Rover that (obviously] never flew on display here at the NASM in the Smithsonian that shows no sign of rubber tires.

Yep! That wasn't there earlier! It was rubber, when they realized the goof-up and changed it to metal mesh!! Believe it or not!!

But, if you insist they were rubber, and would have exploded in a vacuum....errrr....then what about the Space Shuttle tires?

Sealed in pressurized wheel bays! Or they would have become pulp during re-entry!

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
In regards to the jumping height of an Apollo astronaut... you do realize that the suits they wore weighed 180lbs on earth. Please add that to your height calculations.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
WOW... the video of the astronaut getting up off the ground without any help from the other one is truly amazing.. that right there is enough visual evidence to support the use of cables... unbelievable.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Sorry, Mike. Nope, landing gear wells are not pressurized.

Only the crew cabin area is pressurized. The conplexity of trying to maintain pressurization in all three wheel wells would be weight-prohibitive.

Google 'shuttle landing gear' for some earth-shattering info!

Cheers

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by moonrat

But the Moon is smaller than Earth and so is its gravitational pull.

So, if one took a stroll on the Moon one day, indeed if one did anything whatsoever there, one would feel lighter.

Sorry to nit-pick, but people do weigh less on the moon. They have the same Mass as they would on earth, but their Weight is less.

(Weight = Mass * Accelleration due to gravity)

That aside, it is an interesting concept that people would grow taller with less gravity. I would guess humans might grow taller and thinner with successive generations.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
For people to say that there is no atmosphere on the moon seems kind of weird to me. Would the fact that there is gravity on the moon not play a role in it having an atmosphere?
I was watching History channel the other day and they even said on there that they have recently discovered what looks like clouds on the moon supporting the idea that the moon might just have an atmosphere.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
This video refrenced in the OP doesn't prove anything in my opinion. Watch what he does with his hand at around 5 sec before he salutes the flag. The action looks spastic, as if it has been sped up. Watch carefully the quick hand arm gesture at around 5 seconds.

[edit on 9/11/08 by stikkinikki]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Good Job on keeping up with scientific advances Mike. If you had bothered to do any sort of real research using real scientific literature than maybe you wouldn't spew so much bull# out your mouth.

Newtons Law of Universal Gravitation isn't something we really use anymore. It's a great way to approximate the effects of gravity, but definitely misses out on a lot of things. Since 1687 we learned a lot, there was even a guy that was a lot smarter than Newton, his name was Einstein. He developed something called the Theory of Relativity. Calculating gravity and its effects on the Moon was and is calculated using principles. You failed to mention anything about the Theory of Relativity in your post. Makes one wonder how much research you actually did, aside from reading one book.

I tried looking up info on the author of that book. William L. Brian II. Seems the internet has no info on him. Even funnier about that, is if his ideas are right, why has no one else in the scientific community presented evidence to support him? Is it because all scientists are paid by the Government to keep quiet? What about international academics? Why don't they care? Because its all garbage.

Neither you nor Mr. William L. Brian seem to have any sort of specialized education when it comes to physics and astronomy. Now maybe I am completely wrong, but do you have any other material to further back up your article? Any material that has been written by someone with a background in physics and a related degree from a university?

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Simply your most astonishing thread ever Mike! Your detractors will not know whats hit them!

Definitely some very serious questions to think about here... I was especially struck by the buggy not leaving any marks in the soil on either side.

Any skeptics care to explain that one?

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by 44soulslayer

Well, slayer...ya know, I can see the wheel track. And a bootprint. I could also speculate that in the process of shuffling around, doing the fender repair, soil could be kicked about, partially obscurring the wheel marks.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
yeah i remember Bill Cooper talking about the atmosphere on the moon and other amazing stuff..

something about outer space not as harsh as they say...dark matter,etc.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
The calculations for the "neutral point" shown here are for a static (non-orbiting) system using only the Earth and Moon. In reality, the moon does orbit the Earth (or is that also a false assumption?) and both are orbiting the sun. The moon is a moving target so the spacecraft trajectory is not aimed at where the moon is but at where the moon is going to be.

Instead of a simple calculation of the gravitational influences of the Earth and Moon, the calculation of the "neutral point" is actually quite complex. It involves the gravitational fields of four bodies as well as their relative motions.

Aside from that, simple observation shows us that the Moon's density and gravitational influence is what "conventional" science tells us it is. Tide calculations work. Lunar orbital probes work. Lunar "slingshots" work. The orbits of artificial satellites are affected exactly as they should be. The moon has 1/6th the Earth's gravity (+/-).

[edit on 11-9-2008 by Phage]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   

SO!

mikesingh you are telling us that:

IN ORDER TO REACH THE MOON WE NEED SOME EXTRA CALCULATIONS THAT CURRENTLY ARE NOT MADE MAINSTREAM OR PUBLIC KNOWLEDGE?

(sorry for the caps, but I think this message is important)

Certainly there have been abnormalities for the race to the Moon historically, like the reason that Russians dismantled their entire Moon space program right after they witnessed US landing on the Moon and probably received confirmation or dismissal of all the little yet obscured details that could make a Moon project succeed or fail.

So can we get to any stellar body we wish in terms of "normal" mainstream science but with our Moon we need to have some extra bits of knowledge?

Is this what you are implying mikesingh?

Certainly I would be intrigued if you indeed imply this.

[edit on 11-9-2008 by spacebot]

Personally I cannot accept atmosphere or anything else on the Moon but what already has been verified. But this doesn't mean our physical satelite cannot be "weird" in some peculiar way.

[edit on 11-9-2008 by spacebot]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
The Apollo moon landing suits weighed 185 Lbs.. This would limit the astronauts jump height by half.

www.californiasciencecenter.org...

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Perhaps I need to further clarify my comments. Mike, I am not saying that your Op is a hoax, but that some of the information you have cited in your OP is from questionable resources and some of those resources have been identified to be from a purposeful hoax for financial gain. Those videos in which contradictions of the actual landing of the Apollo missions and various moon based activities are the source of my ire and are loaded with errors, assumptions as well as misrepresentations of facts designed to raise questions of a conspiracy to sell a book.

The idea that the aforementioned lunar gravity could be incorrect or that any atmosphere is present on the moon is an argument for consideration but to do so one must take proper facts into account. The idea to recalculate a definitive gravity of the moon, based on a video, is far reaching, especially when the proper or accurate weight is not observed or considered. As far as the atmosphere, I do recall that originally it was said that the moon had no atmosphere, then that was changed to “no atmosphere of significance”, and it is now generally understood that any celestial body of mass with a gravitational field may have some gaseous atmosphere, however thin.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by foolkiller71

Yeah, and if you were in a shirtaleeve environment in a large room in 1/6 gravity....pick a planet, any planet...and you were able to flex your legs fully as you do on Earth, your jump height would be correspondingly higher (factoring in the contribution of your mass and its inertia).

Early Apollo EVA suits were quite stiff in the leg joints. They were re-designed for 15, 16 and 17 to bend easier at the waist to allow a seated position.

But, remember, when you jump you use muscles in your ankles, around the knees, and your buttocks. With limited flexibility comes a lower height of the jump.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Yep! That wasn't there earlier! It was rubber, when they realized the goof-up and changed it to metal mesh!! Believe it or not!!

Sorry, It was always a metal mesh tire on the rover. known well in advance of the launch that the tires would be metal wire mesh. In every video I have ever seen of the actual lunar activities, it was a metal mesh tires, no exceptions, sorry.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I've questioned the trips to the moon for years, about man actually landing there. Now, after watching the clips, it has really opened my eyes to what's really going on. Thanks for the insite and reseach, keep up the good work.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join