It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What period of history is the "godliest?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

For me, I'd have to say it was in the time of King David and King Solomon.
That's when all the nations of the world would come to worship at the Temple on the Temple mount, about ten centuries before the common era.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by 4x4fun

That's when all the nations of the world would come to worship at the Temple on the Temple mount, about ten centuries before the common era.

I'm inclined to agree with you about King David, not Solomon. He had over 300 concubines, and during that time Hebrew parents began to sacrifice their children to Moloch.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

I'm inclined to agree with you about King David, not Solomon. He had over 300 concubines, and during that time Hebrew parents began to sacrifice their children to Moloch.

There is a law against such a thing as you suggest.
Leviticus 20:2-5
Whoever he be of the Sons of Israel or of the strangers that sojourn in Israel, that gives any of his seed l'Molech; he shall surely be put to death: the people of the land shall stone him with stones.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   

There is a law against such a thing as you suggest.
Leviticus 20:2-5
Whoever he be of the Sons of Israel or of the strangers that sojourn in Israel, that gives any of his seed l'Molech; he shall surely be put to death: the people of the land shall stone him with stones.

Leviticus was written centuries before Solomon lived. Solomon built a temple to Moloch.

You quote 1 verse from the OT, did you forget about THIS one?:

"Then did Solomon build an high place for Chemosh, the abomination of Moab, in the hill that is before Jerusalem, and for Molech, the abomination of the children of Ammon."

1 Kings 11:7

I'm not a liar hun, I speak the truth, because God's Word is truth.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 05:27 AM
link   
I think God was most happy with the human world during the days pre-Church.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I reckon the billionth of a second BEFORE the big bang!

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
As mankind has absolutely no agreement of what Aten, the god of Abraham and Moses, might want, how can they say?

There are three major religions and who-knows how many splinter sects and faiths within them, so many, infact, that the whole thing looks like its less divinely-inspired and more made-up-as-they-went-along-basing-it-on-some-ancient-Egyptian-astrology.

But quick! God's word is the Truth! Depending on which version of it you have, I suppose.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   

I'm curious (I'm really not asking this to try to thwart your argument although it might sound like it) if there is archaological evidence that it was truly all the nations or just those that were known to the writers at the time?

Is there evidence that, say, China, Japan, India, the South American nations, and all the rest were there?

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Well, the people of the Middle Ages probably believed they where the godliest. Think about it, the Crusades, the rise of the Pope. Its where a lot of the Christian ideals really come from.

I'd go with them being the godliest. For that period of time, they were, however, no they would just look barbaric.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ChrisJr03

Its where a lot of the Christian ideals really come from.

The Pope and the CATHOLICS were responsible for the inquisitions.

More Christians were KILLED in 1 DAY under the Papal Inquisitions than were killed by ALL the Emperors of Rome.

People need to stop saying the Papal Inquisitions were "Christian", they were not, Christians were the ones being tortured and murdered.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by asmeone2

However from what I rememer the Puritan movement was much more about autonomy from the Catholic church than anything--at least that was the reason that they came to America.

I believe that the Puritan movement and their arrival in America was in protest to the Church of England, not Catholicism.

Eric

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   

reply to post by ChrisJr03

Its where a lot of the Christian ideals really come from.

The Pope and the CATHOLICS were responsible for the inquisitions.

More Christians were KILLED in 1 DAY under the Papal Inquisitions than were killed by ALL the Emperors of Rome.

People need to stop saying the Papal Inquisitions were "Christian", they were not, Christians were the ones being tortured and murdered.

Really? Which day was that? Do you have some numbers to back that up?

The inquisitions and the crusades were horrific, but it is extremely telling that you don't mention the Catholics that were slaughtered by those claiming to be Protestants in the same time periods. Or maybe that didn't happen? Or is it just easier to ignore certain parts of history?

Eric

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join