It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What period of history is the "godliest?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by asmeone2
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Belief in Jesus had very little to do with the Inquisition victims

Most of the people who were martyred were Jewish, Moslem, Cathars, Templars, as the article states... most of whom didn't beleive in Jesus at all, or at least not in the form of the Son of God.

The idea that heresy was both an ecclesiastical as well as secular crime has a long pedigree. In Rome, for example, heresy was considered treason, punishable by death, as is witnessed by the early Christian martyrs – many of them were murdered for failing to accept that the current emperor was akin to God. A Roman judge could make an inquisitio into the case of a suspected heretic – the nomenclature from which “Inquisition” would come.

From your link.^^^

What I mean by that is that these "heretics" believed Jesus to be the ONLY way to heaven and the ONLY savior, not Rome.

Anyone that was against the Roman Catholic Church was considered a "heretic". Rome said SHE was the final authority... the REAL Christians said Jesus Christ was the ONLY authority.

Wanna know what to major "crime" was during the inquisition?

A: Reading or owning a Bible!

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   

The faith of the executed is not what matters. It's that the executor's faith drove them to kill other people.

They didn't murder because of their faith that Jesus told them or taught them to do so. It was because the POPE said so.

No version of scripture has ANY verses from Christ that would condone the inquisition, in fact Jesus told people to "love your enemies".

How can a person or "church" act like the antichrist and be considered following Christ???????

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Oh... I get it, this is a subtle attempt to pass blame on to Christianity as a WHOLE and deflect criticism from Rome.

Gotcha.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   

They didn't murder because of their faith that Jesus told them or taught them to do so. It was because the POPE said so.

No version of scripture has ANY verses from Christ that would condone the inquisition, in fact Jesus told people to "love your enemies".

How can a person or "church" act like the antichrist and be considered following Christ???????

The Puritains were not Catholic, therefor they did not follow the Pope.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by Pauligirl

Umm, do you realize only 3 true witches were burned at Salem? The rest were CHRISTIANS.

No lie.

No witches were burned at Salem.

The witches themselves claim otherwise. Listen to John Todd, he was one of the most powerful ones in America, and a blood member of the Collins bloodline of the Illuminati.

He stated they only burned 3 witches at Salem, the rest were Christians.

Nineteen people were hanged, one person was pressed to death, and as many as thirteen people may have died in prison. Nobody was burned.

As to John Todd:
Christianity Today
www.holysmoke.org...

I don't think I'd be believing much Mr. Todd said.

And, sorry, didn't mean to take the thread off topic.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   

The Puritains were not Catholic, therefor they did not follow the Pope.

I wasn't even talking about the Puritans in that quote. Why did you add to what I said?

"Because of its objective — combating heresy — the Inquisition had jurisdiction only over baptised members of the Church (which, however, encompassed the vast majority of the population in Catholic countries). Secular courts could still try non-Christians for blasphemy. Most of the witch trials went through secular courts."

"With the rise of Protestantism and ideas of the Renaissance perceived as heretical by the Catholic church, the extirpation of heretics became a much broader and more complex enterprise, complicated by the politics of territorial Protestant powers, especially in northern Europe: war, massacres and the educational and propagandistic work of the Counter-Reformation became more common than a judicial approach to heresy in these circumstances."

"For example, the Inquisition burned 59 women in Spain, 36 in Italy and four in Portugal, while in Europe civil justice put to trial close to 100,000 women and burned 50,000 of them. Some 26,000 condemned "witches" died in Germany."

Much less anti-Christian history HERE.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   

I didn't add anything... your response was to my response to yours talking about the Salem trials... the one where you were talking about TOdd...

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

Seriously, is it logical to assume that the Illuminati might try to slander one of their own who left the group and became a Christian?

Very likely.

Secondly, John Todd also stated that many churches were on the Illuminati payroll.

Truth about John Todd:

www.kt70.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

Depends on your definition of what "godly" is. If you think it was in anytime during christian rule, than the inquisition and the conquering and slaughter of the west "in the name of god", would be the "godliest".

I personally think it was the ancient Greece period. Why do you think they had so many gods during that time???

[edit on 10-9-2008 by JimBeam]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by JimBeam

This is 'godly' according to the Christian definition.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   

I didn't add anything... your response was to my response to yours talking about the Salem trials... the one where you were talking about TOdd...

Well yea, we were talking about them originally, I was under the assumption the convo drifted to the inquisitions and crusades.

The inquisitions were in Europe, the crusades were to the Middle East.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   

The period before currency.
Money is and has always been the root of all evil.
Its almost impossible to live without it these days.
International banksters run the world and everything in it.
This is fact though I have spoken much on this issue here on ATS and don't want to rehash. Feel free to search my posts on this. This is the grand master of conspiracy theories and if you want your freedom, you're going to have to fight for it.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by oceanaut1

This is fact though I have spoken much on this issue here on ATS and don't want to rehash. Feel free to search my posts on this. This is the grand master of conspiracy theories and if you want your freedom, you're going to have to fight for it.

Not exactly accurate...

The LOVE or lust of money is the root of all evil.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   

reply to post by JimBeam

Well in that case, it's never been 'godly' since 99.9999999999% of Christians don't exactly follow Christ's message. But if we see 'godly' as the "greatness" of man to conquer, destroy, to supress and kill those that do not follow and except "Christ", I would say anytime of great mass muder would be the most 'godliest' of times.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimBeam

reply to post by JimBeam

Well in that case, it's never been 'godly' since 99.9999999999% of Christians don't exactly follow Christ's message. But if we see 'godly' as the "greatness" of man to conquer, destroy, to supress and kill those that do not follow and except "Christ", I would say anytime of great mass muder would be the most 'godliest' of times.

I'm pretty sure the Protestants would disagree with you. They took the brunt of the Pope's "love" for God.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by oceanaut1

Very good thought there.

I have done a lot of reading on "primitive" cultures. Most do not have any currency system and although their lives were often shorter and harder, they seem much more preferable to what we have now.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Not exactly accurate...

Money and the love thereof go together like Romeo and Juliet.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Seriously, is it logical to assume that the Illuminati might try to slander one of their own who left the group and became a Christian?

Very likely.

Secondly, John Todd also stated that many churches were on the Illuminati payroll.

Truth about John Todd:

www.kt70.com...

Meh, I'm not a believer in the Illuminati conspiracy stuff.
I think Mr. Todd has some serious mental problems.
You can think whatever you want.
But no witches were burned.
Your milage may vary.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Not exactly accurate...

Money and the love thereof go together like Romeo and Juliet.

One needs the other to exist, whereas the other does not.

Point is, money itself cannot be evil, it's made of paper and metal.

However, when a man loves it, or lusts for more and more it can lead him to murder, start wars, lie, et cetra.

What I said is true. Money itself is NOT the root of all evil, it is the men and women who have lusted it, wanted more and more and more, never happy with what they have no matter how rich they are.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   

You only disbelieve because it helps you sleep at night.

It's not because of a lack of evidence.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join