It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea's Kim missing from parade

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   

North Korea's Kim missing from parade

news.bbc.co.uk

There is growing speculation about the health of North Korean leader Kim Jong-il, 66, after he failed to attend a huge martial parade in Pyongyang.

Rumours were already rife about the well being of the North Korean leader.

Recent reports, quoting an unnamed South Korean official based in Beijing, say he suffered a collapse in August.

But Mr Kim's absence from the parade - he was not seen in any of the TV coverage of the event - will prompt feverish speculation, especially given the symbolic importance of the anniversary.

Mr Kim has not been seen in public since early last month, giving rise to speculation he could be seriously unwell.

Mr Kim has been known to disappear from public view for extended periods before, and has always returned eventually, but this time the rumours of ill health have been given added impetus by news that a team of Chinese doctors was recently summoned to examine him.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 9-9-2008 by The Revealer]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 9-9-2008 by The Revealer]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by The Revealer

Wait, so now the double is sick too? That is if the story of him dieing a while ago is true (which I doubt).

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
that japanese guy was just in the news saying he died 5 years ago. now this story comes out. i think most world powers knew he died 5 years ago and we got called out by that guy about him being dead and now all of us are scurrying to confirm it so we don't look stupid.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Why would they lie about his death?
Wouldn't they just put in another el presidente?
Wouldn't there be someone setup to succeed him in the communist regime?
I don't know to be honest this all sounds a little nutty.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
north korea would go forever claiming he is still alive because they don't care what we think. the other world powers have plans for north korea and if they had announced his death 5 years ago it would have derailed those plans. now that the time is approaching, it is easier for them to say he is dead.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
MSNBC says maybe it was a stroke.

U.S.: Kim Jong Il may have suffered stroke

I guess we'll have to wait and see.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Interestinggg
Why would they lie about his death?

Well, the cult of personality around Kim Jong-Il (much like that around his father) is very strong. People almost worship them as demi-gods; it's quite scary. They might be afraid of the consequences of his death (end of the regime?) and there is no clear heir to his position.

Incidentally, the Daily Telegraph have suggested he might even be dead.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 04:11 AM
link   
You are exactly right. The country has nothing to believe in other than their leader. They are starving to death and if they lose their one thing that they have been taught to believe in, then it could be pretty problematic.

Again, I am not saying it is true or anything but the way the people have been brainwashed into worshiping him, it does give some form of validity to the conspiracy here.

top topics

join