It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Particle Experiment Is an Experiment in Itself!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Go back to sleep. It's only firing in one direction today, which means there will be no particle collisions. Maybe next year, pending zero problems.

Amazing how people are so daft about physics, considering cosmic rays have been bombing and breaking apart in the solar system for 14+ billion years and much greater energy than this spit of a test at the LHC.

Here's the reality, people are de-evolving back to primates:

I am betting the first humans killed the first fire starter too.

[edit on 10-9-2008 by Regenmacher]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I love the panic around this thing, it's so entertaining.

It's highly, extremely unlikely we'll have the technology to rip holes in space time and destroy the whole universe.

We already have the capability to destroy the world - they're called nuclear weapons, and they're something I'd be much more concerned about given the nutcase governments in the world that control them.

I dare say other civilizations have reached this level of technology in the past/future (the time and distance scales are so massive) without destroying the universe.

Even if it does, I'd be proud to be part of the species that did it

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Really? Well I love (NOT) how people act on their assumptions as if they are so cocksure of them... You clearly have failed to read the posts, due to your assumption that the nature of the post was out of fear... - There are several good points I have made, but you have overlooked that, just like you have overlooked this:

'' I see my serious post has become a frat house or something full of jokers... (Well, the World is unfortunately infested with people who think everything is a joke)

Anyways, back to work on that link in my signature...

Have a great week everyone, & remember: The 'End times' is in the Bible because it's all by design, but don't believe me, as Alex Jones says; do the research yourself.

Peace!

(Looking forward to positive, constructive replies) LET ME REPEAT THAT:

(Looking forward to positive, constructive replies) .. ""

[edit on 10-9-2008 by Time=Now]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattguy404

Let me suggest that you eat something rather foul, for you have insulted all life in the universe. - If we could cause such harm, at least people like you will go down too...

CAN SOMEONE SAY SOMETHING POSITIVE & CONSTRUCTIVE SO I CAN GIVE THEM A STAR? PLEASE??? GEES!

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Regenmacher

EXCUSE ME , but (nice avatar, btw) please don't jump to conclusions; My main point is that we should not leave our World in the hands of the Governments to make all kinds of screwed up decisions, & manipulate the hell out of us... - If I was saying something like the thread on the right entitled 'LHC End of World in 2 days!!! ' , then you can insult my intelligence. - Until then, YOU go back to sleep! - I'm busy doing my research, which spans from Aliens to Zion ...

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Time=Now

Originally posted by mattguy404

Let me suggest that you eat something rather foul, for you have insulted all life in the universe. - If we could cause such harm, at least people like you will go down too...

If I've insulted all life in the universe, I'll write them a check.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Time=Now
I'm busy doing my research, which spans from Aliens to Zion ...

The scientific community is made up of real people who have a sincere interest in making a better world. Those real people that actually do more than run there mouths, generate fear or become easily manipulated by disinfo, cause they did the footwork to become scientists.

Research would imply doing more than regurgitating paranoid pseudo science nonsense...deny ignorance. Research would also imply you actually read past posts, like right here 6 days ago.

As you can see nothing happened:

CERN scientists switch on the Big Bang machine

At 8.32am UK time, scientists at the CERN particle physics laboratory fired a first beam of particles into the Large Hadron Collider (LHC), the £3.6 billion “Big Bang machine” that will open a new window on the Universe.

After a 48-second wait while the pulse was generated, the control centre near Geneva burst into applause as a tiny flash of light appeared on a computer screen, showing that the beam had made it around the first 3km of the 27km ring.

If you don't like your leaders, vote them out and don't support the corporations that back them.

[edit on 10-9-2008 by Regenmacher]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Time=Now

This just goes to show that there are people willing to risk it all even your life to prove something they don't understand. Very scary and I agree with the op.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   

If I've insulted all life in the universe, I'll write them a check.

Why don't you write ME a check, or donate in the link in my sig, for an apology? - Surely you realize now that this is NOT a joke, & I'm going to be nice by not pointing out obvious facts such as you are part of the universe too.

I havn't come back to continue this thread in awhile & I don't have much time now, but I'll say this:

It's more ridiculous than ridiculous that we are told it's safe, only to find out that a LEAK occurred, thus rendering the VERY suspicious machine unusable for some time... And as George Noory said; 'and they said nothing can go wrong...'

[edit on 25-9-2008 by Time=Now]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher
The dumb Prozak bird image...

The image is rather INSULTING; I am not a doomsdayer, but I'm beginning to become one, looking at the way things are going, & the way some people 'think'...

And BTW, Prozak is 80% fluoride, but that's natural right? The Government loves you...

So YOU go back to sleep... Sorry, but the truth has set me free, but it has clearly pissed me off.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I've made a video about this, & the annoying music at the beginning has been removed.:

[edit on 16-11-2008 by Time=Now]

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
More and more I am seeing things like this where people with powerful friends standing in the shadows allows these mad scientists to play God knowing that if they screw up the world pays the price. Science has lost it code of ethics and morals. Simply because they can do something doesnt mean they should.

As to what to do about it? (Here comes the part where I become a radical wacko to everyone but me and the voices in my head.) Considering that we, the average citizen, have been made powerless by a government that is no longer listening to us, perhaps we should adopt our ancestors views and make them stop. The equipment is cheap; 1-rail, 1-50 gallon drum of tar, 1- feathered pillow.

Sounds crazy I know, but civilized seems to have a new definition; "passive compliance to the powers that be even at the risk of death."

[edit on 16-11-2008 by ch1ldofthe70s]

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ch1ldofthe70s

What on earth do you mean by the rail & the drum of tar??

But yeah, I give you a star.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by PammyK
It scares the holy crap out of me! Why play with the Earths "insides"? Very irresopnsible. Does anyone know what time they are pulling the lever? Hope it doesn't cause earthquakes or something like that. I am surprised this isn't getting more coverage!

Well, tell everyone about my video, & more people will look at the facts. - I'm surprised that people are not getting it already!

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Why is this thread still here? This simple particle physics experiment is safe, for reasons that have been discussed and are openly available.

I strongly suggest that you actually bother to learn the underlying physics (I bet you have a LONG way to go to catch up however) before you (plural) start whining about something you are completely and utterly ignorant of. Less so that we don't have to hear it, and more so that you spare making yourself appear foolish and sadly uninformed.

The same thing happened when the Relativistic Heavy Ion Collider was still being built, and we're still here. This is laughable, and a particular physics professor of mine who does research in Brookhaven (where the RHC is) is just blown away by the ignorant, anti-intellectual backlash against the LHC.

That Alex Jones bit is pathetically laughable. I don't even have time to start on it now.

[edit on 17-11-2008 by Johnmike]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join