It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHAT Does Gary Mckinnon REALLY know

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectroMagnetic Multivers
I'm a graphic designer, unemployed at the moment and I have been thinking about making 'Free Gary' posters, explaining the crime he committed, the sentence he has been charged and the law they brought into the EU, in which only ENGLAND AND IRELAND have signed, the other countries told them to 'Buy One Get One Free'. I was thinking about adding how this hasn't been in the papers or news, especially since the law they brought in!!

They can take any Brit for trial in America, without the need to show evidence.

(can someone post a link to the law, I think this is what it impied, but I haven't been able to find it, it is 'without evidence' though.)

I was thinking of fly pitching aswell as posting leaflets etc, but my main problem is money, I can sort myself out, but if anyone else is wanting to do this, I can only send you a JPEG, not the actual leaflets etc. you will have to pay for them to get printed, or print them yourself.

For this to to even remotely work, we need at least a few people from a few major cities in Britain.

Coverage of this, is the only thing that can help.

EMM

Hey there EMM
why dont you contact some guys like these people...
www.snorgtees.com...
and see if you can come up with some sort of commercial deal, or find someone in the UK or elsewhere that can produce something like it. Just a thought m8. Nothing like a good "Case of injustice" to put on a t-shirt an sell em on, ...for profit of course.,,, which you would also enable you to make a healthy donation to the "release Gary fund" lol..just my 2 cents pal.
I respect your comments and input. Most appreciated pal.

Peace all
Kirky

PS. How many more cases of Injustice would you think constitute a good reason to plaster on some T-shirts etc...food for thought/profit/action respects. Kirky

[edit on 9-9-2008 by kirky]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SlightlyAbovePar
Personally, I think his claims of evidence of UFOs is pure bunk. Born from a need to draw attention to his case which, after you strip away the sexiness of UFOs, is really rather mundane - and against the law.

Not that I think UFOs are bunk, but in this case? Utter BS.

I can not believe I am about to engage in speculation (otherwise known as a conspiracy theory): Perhaps the allegation was made as a sort of bluff, if you will. Basically, he didn't find anything of note but in the off chance there were something "they" didn't want you to know and if the computer systems he claims to have been in actually had some secret-squirrel UFO info......perhaps he could bluff his way into governmental inaction?

Or raise money for his defense by appearing on Coast to Coast.

Either, or.

[edit on 9-9-2008 by SlightlyAbovePar]

Hey there SlightlyAbovePar
Yea comments respected m8. But the 70 year rope he’s facing aint a conspiracy. Its kind of fact/mandatory, know what I mean…. scary wary stuff you would think. Cheers for the input pal.

Peace
Kirky

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by kirky
On anther note does it not worry you that your government agencies can seemingly reach out and silence almost anybody on the planet. It kinda concerns me you know.. FOS and all that.

That is a skill not reserved by the USA... Russia and Israel excel at that as well

Fortunately you have to REALLY piss someone off these days for that to happen. But in all seriousness... yup it concerns me as well... but its not 'my' government...

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by curiousbelieverInstead they should recruit him into the program for his skills. obviously he has useful skills at identifying security weaknesses.

Oh for crying out loud... SKILLS? What Skills? He simply used trial and error to find a computer that had no password... people do that all the time... I bet 80% of people on ATS don't have a password on their wireless connection let alone their computer, just like most people still have the default code of 1234 on their home security system

Now go and change it right now...

Yup
Definitely agree with you on that one m8y. I am sure by today’s standards in computer literacy/programming/skills he aint no whiz kid..probably a bit of an old timer/dumber. But 8+ years is a long time in PC/Techy world.

But is it a consideration at least to determine how intelligent he actually was in 1999 2001 etc by those standards then..he states he’s no longer allowed anywhere near computers/net,,yea suppose you can take that with a pinch of salt..but I rekon he’s probably staying away from computers like a ex-heroine addict would steer clear of the needle…, you get my drift m8,, just my 2 cents

Cheers
Peace
Kirky

PS I mean 56k dail up its Laughable, but so was the tech then too..mmm wadaya think m8. I mean learning to ride a bike and all that

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by kirky
On anther note does it not worry you that your government agencies can seemingly reach out and silence almost anybody on the planet. It kinda concerns me you know.. FOS and all that.

That is a skill not reserved by the USA... Russia and Israel excel at that as well

Fortunately you have to REALLY piss someone off these days for that to happen. But in all seriousness... yup it concerns me as well... but its not 'my' government...

Touché m8y
Respects to ya
Least he aint going to Bagdad/Saudi Arabia, agreed. But he still stands to lose his freedom, at least that deserves some compassion….poor sod, c'mon you have a heart I know it lol

Peace pal
Kirky

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
RE: The marketing of the "Free Gary" campaign... could Robbie Williams not help funding? I'm sure he's got a few quid in the bank and with his recent interest in UFOs etc he should be interested in this... right? Also he may have some PR contacts etc who know marketing professionals etc - daft idea but worth I thought putting out.

And also have any of you considered that Gary McKinnon might be part of a "disclosure project"? For example, his "speech" about what he found and saw sets the seed in the sheeple that off-world life may actually be true. Couple this with very occasional main-stream media clips of the government taking the case VERY seriously and thus lending weight to this possibility, sort of softening the blow when the full disclosure hopefully happens!

Just a thought.

T

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terric
RE: The marketing of the "Free Gary" campaign... could Robbie Williams not help funding? I'm sure he's got a few quid in the bank and with his recent interest in UFOs etc he should be interested in this... right? Also he may have some PR contacts etc who know marketing professionals etc - daft idea but worth I thought putting out.

And also have any of you considered that Gary McKinnon might be part of a "disclosure project"? For example, his "speech" about what he found and saw sets the seed in the sheeple that off-world life may actually be true. Couple this with very occasional main-stream media clips of the government taking the case VERY seriously and thus lending weight to this possibility, sort of softening the blow when the full disclosure hopefully happens!

Just a thought.

T

Terric Hello..
Obvoisly physic you are. Lots o folk thinking that right now about a lot of issues...me too lol.

Dont think somehow Gary would be on Robbies"to do list" know what I mean. Could be wrong here, m8y but all things being equal..he's a busy guy..and he's on holiday..unlike Dr Stephen Greer

But good to see you "tuning in"

Peace m8y
Kirky

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by kirky

Hi buddy, yeah haha it's just a thought I couldn't keep to myself!

You've certainly raised a very interesting question, and I've only seen the video of what Gary found on the MSM once but quite a few of him walking through court rooms with an apparent "deer in headlights" look. Seems like some very selective editing of "we're going to have to report this to keep up appearances but lets detract away from what he actually found and instead make everyone think he's a terrorist and should be shot".

Good discussion, lets keep it up!

T

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terric
reply to post by kirky

Hi buddy, yeah haha it's just a thought I couldn't keep to myself!

You've certainly raised a very interesting question, and I've only seen the video of what Gary found on the MSM once but quite a few of him walking through court rooms with an apparent "deer in headlights" look. Seems like some very selective editing of "we're going to have to report this to keep up appearances but lets detract away from what he actually found and instead make everyone think he's a terrorist and should be shot".

Good discussion, lets keep it up!

T

Hey there m8y
Deer in the lights was one of the metaphors that came into my head when I watched him on Camelot couple of years ago (cue Twilight Zone credits) yea defo been spooked Terric that’s obvious to those with compassion. But alas the compassion glass has ran dry and its last orders at the Agencies/politicians local.. Respect and thanks. Time will tell I envisage lots to be done. Kudos to ya.

Peace
Kirky

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectroMagnetic Multivers
I'm a graphic designer, unemployed at the moment and I have been thinking about making 'Free Gary' posters, explaining the crime he committed, the sentence he has been charged and the law they brought into the EU, in which only ENGLAND AND IRELAND have signed, the other countries told them to 'Buy One Get One Free'. I was thinking about adding how this hasn't been in the papers or news, especially since the law they brought in!!

They can take any Brit for trial in America, without the need to show evidence.

(can someone post a link to the law, I think this is what it impied, but I haven't been able to find it, it is 'without evidence' though.)

I was thinking of fly pitching aswell as posting leaflets etc, but my main problem is money, I can sort myself out, but if anyone else is wanting to do this, I can only send you a JPEG, not the actual leaflets etc. you will have to pay for them to get printed, or print them yourself.

For this to to even remotely work, we need at least a few people from a few major cities in Britain.

Coverage of this, is the only thing that can help.

EMM

Hey EEM
Heres a one for your mulling over

T-shirt title = Free FREE Energee
Free Gary.
Reverse of T-shirt = "whole pile of whats going down issues" lol still with yee on that one pal respects

[edit on 9-9-2008 by kirky] Ok maybe not, ok well your the graphic designer, work your magic lol

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Do you really believe that the super classified would changing information is stored on computers that are even networked, let alone on the internet? The reason he is still alive and hasn't had an accident yet is because he did NOT find anything of any value. He is no threat EXCEPT for one single thing and that is that he might serve as inspiration to other bored people who may decide to follow in his footsteps some time and cause infastructure damage to DoD computers like he did.

Think about it. The US governement has to protect itself from people who are in no danger of being extrodited for hacking their systems (China, Russia, Iranian and Israeli spies), people who are sanctioned by their own government to hack the US networks, do you really think that uncle sam is going to leave photos of Roswell and the secret to the secret NASA program on a computer without a password connected to the internet for someone in Iran to find? No. So Gary did not find anything.

You don't believe that the Gov would nail someone to a wall and destroy their life for even thinking about crossing them?

Have you even been reading this board?

Do you want the long list or the short list?

Believe me, if Gary knew anything and was a risk for talking he would have already 'sucided' 6 months after being offically charged because he was 'despressed' over the thought of going to jail.

Hell, they killed the women who was running the prostitution ring in DC and all she had were the names of some guys in Congress who had business with her business. What am I talking about, sorry, she committed suicide.

Dead, Gary makes it look like he did know something. And if he did, alive he is a threat to the establishment. Because he doesn't, alive he makes for a great security propaganda tool. "Don't screw with us because we will destroy your life, and your government will watch as we do it."

So get a clue, yes, you break the rules, cause damage to military networks for fun, you will have made the biggest mistake of your life and you will have gained nothing for it. You want to play games on your computer, try Warcraft and leave the big boys toys alone because they will beat the crap out of you if you touch them as a warning to any other kid who trys to mess with their 'stuff'.

Garys current situation serves as a warning to anyone else EVEN THINKING about doing this, why do you think its all over the media when he is just another password hacker who wasn't good enough to not get caught? There is no point in even speculating about what he knows because he is never going to say anything because of the other thing he knows .. how easy it is for him to have an accident and how if he ever wants to see parole he WILL not think about writing any book except the huge "Danagers of hacking. How I screwed up my life!" autobiography that he will have to write for them to even think about granting him parole.

Ask yourself, would you do what he has done knowing what could happen to you if you get caught? No. See? End of story.

That is also why this has been dragged out as well, because if he just went to jail, it would be over and done and no news value anymore. The battle to save his life on the fouth page serves as the warning they want to give to everyone else at no cost to themselves. Go ahead and start up a campagin it will just serve their purposes further and antagonise them so that he will never see the light of day. You want to form an advocasy group then go ahead, but he needs real money not a bunch of kids who want to hear what classified documents he found out about, that will simply be the worst thing for him.

Leave this topic alone if you care about his future, send him some money quitely for his defense. Do not make things harder for him by speculating like this, its just stupid and causes more harm than good.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SlightlyAbovePar

He has never claimed to of found specific information regarding UFOs in any interviews.
His claims are

A list of non-terrestial officers
A list of ships name, of which he said none were part of the navy from what he read.
And part of a photograph showing an object in space which the earth as the background.

These are all he claimed to of found on his travels.
The amount of crap wrote on the internet about what gary is supposed to of said is unreal, so many misquotes.

Why would anyone make up a story about hacking for information about UFOs. It would be easier to say you were randomly snooping around.
I,m sure the military take UFOs alot more serious than the general public. I mean they could be going along the theory that if he was searching for UFOs he could of come across secret data about top secret planes, satelites, missions abroad and many more things.
Of all the things to lie about UFOs are the least likely as the are the most secret.

He kept quiet about all this for a few years until the US decided to go after him.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I know that this has probably been done before, but I think that we should start an online petition in favour of halting Gary's Extradition.

Here is a potential starting place Petition site, it looks like you just need a title, a description and thousands of signatures.

I think that if a small percentage of the posters at ATS signed then we would have a pretty impressive petition, if those people trawl the web for more then we might have a main stream news story.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

He SAYS that he only logged into accounts using blank passwords, but this may be because he does not want to admit to crashing systems. Elite ( read "1337"
) hacker toolkits use nasty stuff like buffer overflows that can crash a program or service if you attempt to use it to gain unauthorized access to a system. I believe that he used stuff like that but that he lies now to cover his behind
Even non-tecnical people can use free hacker toolkits within a couple of hours. My point is; if Gary McKinnon was hacking like every night, and only like 1/1000 machine had a blank password, it is not likely that he would use other nasty toolkits to try and access the other 999 computers when toolkits are so accessable?

[edit on 9-9-2008 by Acharya]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by neo2012

"e has never claimed to of found specific information regarding UFOs in any interviews.
His claims are

A list of non-terrestial officers
A list of ships name, of which he said none were part of the navy from what he read.
And part of a photograph showing an object in space which the earth as the background. "
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Didn't Gary also claim to have seen a long cigar shaped object which he said was either on the moon or out in the desert somewhere? The reason I ask is because at the time all that Apollo 20 nonsense was taking place and the description of the object he is said to have seen matched the object that Apollo 15 and 17 had photographed and Apollo 20 supposedly visited... Just a thought.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Mintwithahole.

I have read everything i could find on the subject.
I think the cigar shaped object refers to the picture that he didnt quite see.
He only claimed to see one picture and even that was only partial as he was cut off before it finished loading.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   

5. What if Aliens are “actually” real

Jack Arneson US Army recovery team on standby late 60's... you can read the whole story here...

www.thelivingmoon.com...

He took two slow steps backwards and turned to head back to his jeep. First, he would have jumped down my throat for not saying "Sir" if he was a Captain. Then I would have been standing before a court martial for handling a weapon in a threatening manner. Third, he started back to his jeep (with no driver) and no response.

I was going to stop him but the MS was really freaked out by this time and ran up to me and said: "Are you crazy? What are you doing"?

I protested and said: "Sarge, this guy's an impostor, can't you see that? Everybody else might be dead"!

He said: "You may be right but I'll find out what's going on when we get back. Don't take the chance of a court martial for threatening an officer"!

I remember say something like: "I already did that and if he's an officer, then I'm an alien"! The "Captain" heard that and turned back and looked at me with black eyes! It sent a shivering chill up my spine upon seeing this and said: "Did you see that? Look at him! His eyes are black now"!

I started to raise my weapon at him and tell him to stop and the MS got in front of me and said: "Stand down soldier, that's an order"!

As the Captain drove off back towards the training area I told the MS: "We'll never know now, that's the last time we'll see him and you aren't going to find out anything when we get back and know it".

He said: "I know, but we saw something special and can't repeat it, can we? Who would believe us? And someone would stop us one way or another. And if I let you shoot him, and he is what he looks like, where would we be then? And what makes you think he didn't have a weapon? Because you couldn't see one? He may have had something that could vaporize all of us, the size of a lighter"!

A clip from a private email from a very highly placed insider... attached was a 500 page report... and no you canoot see that... you don't have high enough clearance

Thanks, Ron. I got a kick out of reading your note! YES..MIB's do exist. Did you get a chance to read my story about the 'visitor' I met at MacDill? He had 2 sets of eyelids...honestly...reptilian! I about # my pants when I saw his eye...never forget them!

McDill is McDill AFB... the above to stories are from two highly respectable military people. The second one has worked with NASA for 20 years and holds 23 patents, 12 of which are top secret...

“We already have the means to travel among the stars, but these technologies are locked up in black projects and it would take an act of God to ever get them out to benefit humanity….. anything you can imagine we already know how to do.” - Ben Rich, former Head of the Lockheed Skunk Works

Just something to mull over

I don't need to 'mull it over' I already KNOW

And so would you if you became friendly with a good search engine

Here is one of those lasers... sometimes disguised as 'for astronomical studies'

Data is available here [note it will most likely redirect you to the Directed Energy Directorate of the Air Force Research Lab (AFRL)
]

www.de.afrl.af.mil...

At some point you may see the following notice IF you are lucky

Now this site to my knowledge is ONLY accessible from within the USA, so if you don't want to be joining Gary as a room mate... I would tread softly

Here is the lasers in action... Look at the focal point... if indeed they were aiming at a 'star' the beams would be almost parallel... It is clear that the 'target' is a LOT closer than the closest star...

Nice catchy name too huh?

STARFIRE

WHY IS GARY UP FOR 70 YEARS?

In my opinion... they don't believe he DOESN'T still have a copy of what he found

hey zorgon,since im not in the us of a,what are those funky looking lasers for? ,you seem to be hinting at something,spill the beans!.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Okay I have built a quick petition. It is a bit basic so far, but as soon as I gat a bit more time I will fill it out a bit.

It is up and ready to receive signatures here.

I will promote it as much as I can tomorrow, but for now it is up and ready for your signatures.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Martindoolittle

I hate to be a killjoy here but I suspect petitions and protests will have 0% effect. His case has been heard in the Lords, he has appealed a number of times and even the ECHR has ruled against preventing or delaying the extradition. Sadly, it looks like he is well and truly on his own now, and no amount of protest from the public (bearing in mind that 95% of the British public (that's obviusly a finger-in-the-air figure) probably don't even know who he is, or care) will make any difference.

It's a complicated issue for sure. Personally, regardless of reasons, he did commit an illegal act by hacking, and in one respect he is right to be punished for that. However, that aside, I don't feel a 70-year sentence is anywhere near reasonable! Nor do I agree with the extradition. But what to do?

I feel sorry for him in a way. Whilst I can't have sympathy for someone breaking the law and then protesting when they are caught and punished, the punishment seems far too strict. He seems to be hailed as some everyman hero, when ultimately he's just some dumb ass that did something stupid and is now regretting it. And will for a long time to come.

Learn your lesson well, kids - no matter how much you think the powers that be are keeping secrets, finding out the truth is not worth breaking the law for. If you do, you are on your own.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
i will attempt to find it but i saw a news video on bbc news site round about the time he got caught and he explained how he got into the so called secure computers, if anybody knows computers they will know that XP has an Administrator account which by default has no password on it unless you assign one, he claimed he got into thise pcs by using this account as many were not password protected.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join