It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHAT Does Gary Mckinnon REALLY know

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Gary, Gary, Gary

I don’t know what to think of this fellow. On the outside I find it hard to believe that it was that easy to just stroll into US Govt computers.

On the other hand what is with the extremely harsh sentence. When I first heard it I could not believe it! 70 years for what? Hacking into something that should have been password protected.

Makes me wonder how the US Govt is able to have any secrets if this is there level of security. What a joke

Tiste

[edit on 9-9-2008 by Tiste Andii]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Zorgon,
Holy Crap I went to UT and knew Roth..I didn't have him for any class and had several in the plasma science arena. I would not have taken him to be a traitor.
BP

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I'm of the view that real secrets never get out. If there is free energy or this wonderful technology we will never know so why worry?

I'm beginning to think this is all a huge PR exercise because the public are finally realizing what an astronomical waste of money NASA and other programs have become, so a nice juicy story has everyone thinking there really is some great secret and, hey ho idiots like me are looking up things like NASA and showing interest again.

Maybe this was information someone wanted out and McKinnon seemed-amongst all the other hackers he said he was aware off on the systems- like the best bet.

Wouldn't do to jail a fellow American now would it?

People, every site and every word you type is recorded, so use your own common sense.

All that technology...poo..in a few hours CERN will be starting the experiment that according to some will either suck us into a black hole or turn us into a quasar...

Yes, no doubt Gary is the biggest and easiest pasty tho guilty nontheless, but I adore the theory he may have something up his sleeve, as Hoagland would say "Isn't it delicious?"

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
A few things struck me while reading/watching/listening to various articles and interviews regarding this McKinnon.

Chief among them:
If what he says he uncovered is a hoax then why aren't they making a huge fool out of him by reporting him as a liar, fraud, or lunatic? If they don't think he's making it up, but still maintain that what he said wasn't true, then why aren't they treating him as insane rather than trying to send him to jail? The way I see it, there are three possibilities here.

1) He got caught, and knows he's in deep trouble, so he's trying to get as much attention and publicity as he can. If this is the case, why aren't they screaming from the tops of their lungs that he's a fraud/hoaxer?

2) He has mental issues, and both his obsessive pursuit of hacking and his sories about what he uncovered in the process are a product of this. If this is the case, then why aren't they treating him as someone with mental issues rather than trying to lock him up solely as a criminal?

3) He really did uncover what he says he did, and they want to keep a lid on it at all costs. If this is true, it could explain why they are content to try him, while distancing themselves from his stories and claims rather than openly contradicting them or actively discrediting him. They may hope that simply letting him get convicted will say enough to most people about his perceived trustworthiness.

I don't know which if any of these is the most plausible at this point, but I'm extremely interested in learning more.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
If the insane and amoral PTB didn't have anything to hide, they, through their lamestream media mouthpieces, would let him do a TV interview, either in Britain or America, where he could thoroughly state what he discovered for all to know. Yes, that there (very apparently) are (at least essentially) uncivilized, brutal, secretive, creepy-crawly military goons operating off-planet is, in fact, THE biggest news in history... It's past my bedtime. Will check in later. Toodles.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackProjects
Zorgon,
Holy Crap I went to UT and knew Roth..I didn't have him for any class and had several in the plasma science arena. I would not have taken him to be a traitor.
BP

Small world huh?... now remember... Take the Shultz amendment..

I heard nothing... I saw nothing... I know nothing... now where is my Struddel

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Well this may sound like a diatribe and long-winded and pompous, but hey-thats who I am. Love or leave or Ignore.

1. Well, they could be letting him talk to give him enough rope to hang himself or if he is lying and had accomplices or something of evidence regarding what he claimed then; the more he talks, the more they can gather a picture of him and whether he acted alone. Or maybe they are right maybe he isn't as stupid as he would have everyone believe.

Absolutely-he hacked, he has admitted that, he has been a very naughty boy and I'll make a bet that he won't ever again in his life touch a computer : ;-) :

It's blooming put me off going on their sites to view photos and I know nothing about hacking, surely to God someone would have been alerted if he had downloaded a program to hack? I'm on broadband and I couldn't download TIFFs fully - they time out! So what did he see that he almost got on a Dial-up line?

He got a program online? A hacking program? Don't governments employ bods to watch for anything like that?

Well, the answer to that is Yes.

They do.

So someone wasn't doing his or her job.and why aren't they being paraded out to show us all who the lazybones was who was sleeping on the job, surely a question McKinnon's team should ask? I'd like to see this person. Wouldn't you?

2. Well if he was unemployed then he had nothing better to do, then it most likely became a habit tho' an (ultimately now) unhealthy and expensive one.

Like those strange men who dress up for war re-enactments, all very odd...but would you say they are mentally ill? On a dial-up line! Wasn't it his ex-girlfriend's computer too!? That's a huge 'phone bill. Maybe there is a lot more to come out about it but to those of us in the rest off our world it just looks like a sledgehammer to crack a nut. Maybe not the best phraseology but the best example.

3. Discrediting him would not be a good thing legally, diplomatically or publicly. They're just 'keeping their powder dry' so to speak.

So if you are willing as in some in some earlier posts get the message that he could get 70 years while politicians who do less and amazingly seem to be released in a few years showing absolutely travesties of justice then here is my idea write to your Gov/Representatives -All Over the World- And do what I am now doing;

I'm boycotting any site to do with NASA and NAVY , MIL or EDU and would advise anyone else if they want to make a a point about this to do likewise. The world is a small place with the WWW.
Which means not a lot of photos to look at, but I'm sick to death of them and this behaviour. The Navy have always been up to their necks in this, They don't call them the 'Senior Service' for nothing.

Billions of dollars and empty promises, Our only hope is people like Branson even to make LEO achievable but he will go no further I'm afraid. The whole 'space' dream has turned out to be a 'pig in a poke'.

When did the US turn into the schoolyard bully? Was it suddenly taken over by people who secretly hate it and seem determined to destroy it from within by ill thought-out political and military action..Seriously? What happened..?

I am still convinced this has a publicity undercurrent. Have the US they been asked officially about all the other hackers McKinnon says he saw? Why not? Everything leaves an electronic footprint, maybe he's being used as a quiet warning to other governments who were spying on the system?

If he is truly mentally ill then there is most certainly a human rights issue that will be scrutinized very closely.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
They sold us a lie and I'm afraid a lot of us won't forgive NASA or the US for it. I'm still of the view if it was that secret it would not have been available on the web. I honestly believe had he been looking at the JFK killing instead of 'space' (sub-orbit) he would be none the wiser. See? Real secrets. None of us in our time or the next generation will get evidence officially about the full facts of the JFK assassination.

NASA sold us all a great big turd in the punchbowl of a lie and I am selling my 'scope (oh, the Drama..). We will never get off this planet, and wasn't that the original idea?

We are stuck to face yet another pole-shift or who knows what. I'm sorry to be morbid but something is happening with Earth's atmosphere and they had decades to work this out or fix whatever they caused.

I'm afraid this case will eventually turn round and bite them in the end, it will have have long-term ramifications. I sound anti-American and I'm not so I'll sign off.

They sold us a lie and I'm afraid a lot of us won't forgive NASA or the US for it.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Good points m8
I think its number 3 all the way m8. But to clarify what’s important and the issue. I really do think that he got to see a bunch of stuff that is way to hot. The crux of the story is that he was offered initially a lenient sentence if he voluntarily came to the USA and be tried, I think they call in plea bargaining (so much for innocent until proven guilty). That’s fair enough you would think. No problems. But his legal team smelled a rat. (most uk solicitors understand perfectly well the nasty tactics employed by US Lawyers working for government. I think that even the US common folk have a pretty bad opinion of them) So His legal team requested that the prosecutors send them in writing their agreement to offer Gary a lenient sentence if he was tried in the states. I think 2 to 3 years was on the cards. If you could believe it.

Guess what, no written confirmation was received none whatsoever, not a sausage. Mmmmmm Fishy or what, I know for certain judging by the way the USA treats prisoner’s civilian and military I personally would be extremely reluctant to go even if I did have it in writing. I think the prosecutors main objective was to..

“Just get him here in the states one way the other and we’ll have him regardless of any written agreements or so called UK law f**k the UK and their laws, we’re the biggest and baddest, nobody tells us what to do, when we get him we can do what the hell we like with him” mentality so to speak

So meanwhile the US Gov wrangles in some new extradition laws (which by the way seem to mostly favour the US Gov figures) and then hey presto, once new extradition laws are in place Gary’s looking at 70 years. What a farce. What an injustice. The politicians US/UK will play it down with spin and so called necessarily cooperation between allies. But in all honesty who really believes a single solitary word that comes out of any politicians mouth now. Lies lies and more lies.

It’s a farce, it’s an injustice. Its completely unfair. I know for a damn fact that if the UK were looking for extradition from the USA there wouldn’t be a hope in hell. Just look for instance at the way the extradition request was handled when a bunch of families here in the UK wanted to prosecute a bunch of American air pilots for wiping out a whole pile of UK soldiers with their A10 tank busters. Un-coordinated gung ho attitudes were to blame. Look what’s happening in Pakistan with old tribesmen getting wiped out by American bombing. Would those pilots be extradited to face Pakistani manslaughter charges? NOT A CHANCE. All the families wanted was justice, and none was served. It seems like the US gov basically states don’t do what we do just do what we say OK.

The British Government was basically told to F off and mind your own business. You can now sort of see why Gary’s legal team don’t wanna do business with the USA and will pull any ploy to keep him in the UK. Land of the brave and free doesn’t sound too pleasant at the moment. As far as I’m concerned I think that the American constitution is in tatters and the US gov don’t give a monkeys about it or any other country and its laws. Just their own selfish greedy interest. And don’t think I’m singling out the US Gov. Our own British/Irish politicians are just as guilty of all the above. Spineless ***tards the lot of them.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
This guy is such a liar it's not even funny.

All that's happened is that he got caught, so in order to get people on his side he claims to have found secret pictures relating to UFOs. Or maybe he's trying to bluff NASA/government into letting him off, fearing he really does know something.

If you watch some of his interviews where he goes over exactly what it was that he did and you know something of networking, it's obvious that he doesn't.

He talks about connecting to one of these PC's via remote desktop. Next that he finds these pictures but can't download them because he's on 56k dialup and their 200-300mb pictures. Since he's using RDC, he opens them on the remote computer to view them over the remote desktop client. Also adding that he dropped the client's resolution to 4bit so it would load faster.

To the average computer user, this seems entirely reasonable but there's holes in it.

The lowest setting on RDC is 256 colors, or 8-bit. This is the only setting that matters if we're talking about how fast it will show up on his end. All it means is that it will take screenshots of the host desktop at 8-bit and send it to his client. If you make the host resolution lower than the RDC client, it still uses the same bandwidth which if memory serves is 1.5KB/s (12000bps), it doesn't matter if you use 256 color, 64 color, 16 color or monochrome, it ain't going any faster than if it would at it's lowest setting.

It doesn't matter if the picture you're looking at is 20Kb or 200GB, it will take the same amount of time to open and view it (to the limit of the host you're opening it on). He makes it clear that this particular host is for editing the images, so you must assume it's got a lot of memory to open such large photos.

Opening a 300mb photo when your screen resolution is much lower also doesn't make it show up any faster. There's still the same amount of data that must be accessed and then processed by the display adapter. Some of the data doesn't magically go away by lowering the color depth, you just can't see as much of it on your monitor although it's still being fed through the GPU. The photo itself, not the screen depth, would actually need to be reduced to 4-bit on the host and then saved as such for this to work, of course that would mean he would have to save the file and his story falls apart.

RDC just takes a screen shot of whatever is on the host, compresses it to a jpeg of a couple Kb and sends the whole thing to your screen.

This sounds trivial, but it shows he's lying in order to make it sound more plausible that he couldn't get any proof to back up his story. If he did find images, he could flick through all of them just as fast as the host could open them and take screenshots on his end of each one at at least 256 color.

My 0.02

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ANoNyMiKE

Oh yes and of course you KNOW this for a fact do you and have the evidence to back it up?

Thought not lol

Ross

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by nomadrush

Oh yes and of course you KNOW this for a fact do you and have the evidence to back it up?

Thought not lol

Ross

If by evidence you mean a BSe in computer science specializing in computer network engineering... yes. My previous occupation was managing the routing/switching of Cisco hardware for multiple network segments totaling 5000+ hosts.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by janeson

Hello Janeson
The thing is Gary states that he saw details about “Non Terrestrials Officers” Free energy, Antigravatic propulsion, UFOs. Hundreds if not thousands of whistle blowers are saying the same thing. They have been saying it for years. We don’t believe it because its so unbelievable. But I for one believe and so do many more. I mean all these witnesses say on the disclosure project cant all be lying can they.

The story goes like this. Yes NASA..the one me and you are supposed to know about is just a big fancy, expensive smoke screen to keep us blinkered. The space program we see is nothing but a big expensive joke. (Read Dark Mission by R C Hoagland and Day after Roswell by Col PJ Corso) Its kind of a magicians trick to keep us looking one way whilst the real meat and potatoes is happening out of your line of sight. And when you the public are paying for it with your taxes, whay should George or and selfish prick in Government really care. See your basically just a commodity to them.

Gary got a peek at all that sh1t and when the US Gov found out and wanted to fry him he went public which in theory is a sensible plot, but Gary did not bank on our #ty politicians offering him up like fresh meat to the lion. He’s not a journalist, investigator or reporter. He’s just and average quite mild mannered bloke who wanted to know the low on the UFO story, got the proof by being a sloppy hacker. He is certainly no terrorist. The thing is its common knowledge that the UK higher leadership folk is in bed with the US Gov, always have been. It’s the so called “special relationship” which to be quite honest has taken a real hammering the last 10 years, probably in tatters.

Regarding watching what you say/type. Your own Bush No2 recently passed laws that allows him to basically spy on everyone on the planet. I say throw caution to the wind. Screw George, talk and type till your hearts content. What ya gonna do live your life in bubble wrap and fear!

Gary got a look at all the dirt and high tech stuff that could free this planet from its reliance on fossil fuels and god knows what else. There is a secret space program. Its been known for years by those in the know. There are whistle blowers coming out all the time stating the same thing over and over again. The US/UK governments don’t want it out because, maybe rightly so, there would be chaos ensuing. But what’s the alternative, endless wars and bloodshed. Pollution of the planet. Not that any of our so called “leaders” give a F**k. Halliburton anyone. The status war quo keeps the fear going, keeps the dollars rolling into the military industrial complex and those that serve them. Same old story the rich get richer the poor stay where they are. Thos is charge get to keep their power and consolidate it. They want Gary silenced because to be honest their probably not to sure what he knows and what he does not. But for one thing they aint taking no chances. 70 years mandatory, so he will be 112 year old when due for release.

You go figure. Does that sound fair for causing 90k worth of damage to computers when one man can bring down the BCCI bank by blowing billions of billions in risky ventures. He got 5 years. Its blindingly obvious to me that the USA will do anything to silence this poor sod. They have already labelled him a terrorist towards USA interests. We have no more human rights; it’s just a façade. Sad Sad Sad.

Peace
Kirky

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANoNyMiKE

Thought not lol

Ross

If by evidence you mean a BSe in computer science specializing in computer network engineering... yes. My previous occupation was managing the routing/switching of Cisco hardware for multiple network segments totaling 5000+ hosts.

Hello Anonymike
Who cares about that, yes m8 I am sorry to be blunt it is friggin trivial. I don’t doubt that you’re some sort of expert in computing. Give yourself a big pat on the back m8.

You’re as usual like some posters without the slightest ounce of compassion or acknowledgments of this injustice. He’s facing 70 years. That will make him 112 years old by the time he gets out. So if its such a small deal in your opinion why the ferocity of the US gov to take his life away, if all he got to look at was a few fake pics and he’s bluffing like you say he is…not. Do the numbers

Gary states he seen stuff (his own words “If I were you I wouldn’t tell me either”). The US Gov tried to get him on US soil. They failed. They then bullied and wrangled and slipped through new international extradition laws,( yes they bully other nations in NATO, FACT) now he’s facing mandatory 70 years. Its bollocks, its USA Gov throwing their highly obese weight around, and its completely unfair. You can dress it up all you want with your talk about tech but it does nothing for me or those that see through the pish the US gov has stated and the spineless UK politicians. It seems nobody is safe anywhere from this tyrannical bullsh1t nazi replicated bullying US government the whole world now has to endure.

Just my 2 cents
Peace
Kirky

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by kirky

Originally posted by ANoNyMiKE

Thought not lol

Ross

Hello Anonymike
Who cares about that, yes m8 I am sorry to be blunt it is friggin trivial. I don’t doubt that you’re some sort of expert in computing. Give yourself a big pat on the back m8.

You’re as usual like some posters without the slightest ounce of compassion or acknowledgments of this injustice. He’s facing 70 years. That will make him 112 years old by the time he gets out. So if its such a small deal in your opinion why the ferocity of the US gov to take his life away, if all he got to look at was a few fake pics and he’s bluffing like you say he is…not. Do the numbers

Gary states he seen stuff (his own words “If I were you I wouldn’t tell me either”). The US Gov tried to get him on US soil. They failed. They then bullied and wrangled and slipped through new international extradition laws,( yes they bully other nations in NATO, FACT) now he’s facing mandatory 70 years. Its bollocks, its USA Gov throwing their highly obese weight around, and its completely unfair. You can dress it up all you want with your talk about tech but it does nothing for me or those that see through the pish the US gov has stated and the spineless UK politicians. It seems nobody is safe anywhere from this tyrannical bullsh1t nazi replicated bullying US government the whole world now has to endure.

Just my 2 cents
Peace
Kirky

It's trivial that he's making up the part about seeing some secret NASA photo's of UFOs? That's the purpose of the entire thread. It's a shame that he's being come down on so hard and I entirely agree that it's wrong, but that's not what we're discussing.

It's like if you know a fair deal about cars and someone says they're car goes 20% faster by turning the corroborator upside down. Me knowing nothing of cars, would say "wow that's awesome, how can I turn mine upside down??". While you would know that's clearly a lie. Do you then have to go to the person's house to physically see their car, to drive it and examine the corroborator to know it's a lie? No, that's ridiculous and no one would expect you to.

His story doesn't add up. It makes sense on the surface until you go through it step by step and find what he's saying wouldn't actually happen.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   

So let me get this right - your education means you have seen the evidence confiscated by the police on the day of the arrest and you know beyond all doubt what was downloaded?

Honestly - some people!

Ross

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I am very puzzled by a country (the UK) that would not pull out all the stops, or simply say "FU" outright to a bully like the US, in response to this case and the extradition request. This man is a UK citizen. He does not have to set one foot outside of the UK if the UK says so. Why is the British government playing the lackey? Has it forgotten how to lead?

Britain, stand on your own. The rest of the world will respect you more if you thumb your nose at Uncle Sam and keep your man home. Throw him a parade. The queen should have him to dinner and knight him.

Obsrvr

[edit on 9/10/08 by Obsrvr]

By extradition and prosecution of this man, they corroborate his statements.

[edit on 9/10/08 by Obsrvr]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Hello Anonymike
It maybe has to add up to you. I respect your techyness and need to detail facts of computing. But it matters not in priority for me. What we’re discussing is what does he really know, what does the US government thinks he knows, and what the feck do they mean when they want him banged away for life when paedophiles and murders get out in next to no time. Will he get a fair trial in the US not friggin chance. If the US Gov is asked to supply evidence they can make up any old bulsh1t story and dress it up with National Security issues. They in effect can throw anything at him and make every one of those 7 mandatory 10-year sentences stick. And if its so trivial m8, what’s with the 7 counts issue???

I smell a large stinking slime ball greasy US/UK politically, damage control measured, cover up of a rat and I know I’m not the only one.

He looked at these files, many of them throughout nearly 100 computers. He states that he only got info from just one computer. But I believe that’s attempted damage control on his own behalf

It’s the big picture I’m interested in pal. I think that Gary has somehow fell into Satans den. Probably by his own stupidity and now they want him silenced because they want all us sheeple to go back to grazing/sleeping.
Peace
Kirky

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Obsrvr

I totally agree, but unfortunately Tony Blair had his tongue so far up George W's a**e that he was like a small dog on a big lead. That man has MUCH to answer for here in the UK.

Ross

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   

So let me get this right - your education means you have seen the evidence confiscated by the police on the day of the arrest and you know beyond all doubt what was downloaded?

Honestly - some people!

Ross

Are you serious? I'm not sure how I can put this in simpler terms.

Gary stated step by step, exactly what he did to acquire this pictures, ok?

Ok. The purpose of stating my background was meant to show you I can speak on this with some authority.

The steps that Gary stated that he took to acquire these "secret" pictures, in reality, would not have actually allowed him to acquire said pictures in the manor he claims to have.

Lowering the host side color depth would not in fact make these pictures display or transfer faster. The host computer still has to push the same number of bits through its front side bus, therefor the photo displays in the same amount of time on the host machine. This would also not effect the amount of time it took for the screenshot to be taken and sent to Gary's client.

What he is doing is trying to rationalize not having anything to support his story, when in reality what he said is not how it works or how it would've taken place.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join