It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin makes yet ANOTHER gaffe...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Ok, so in response to much of the hypocritical logic being used here on ATS criticizing Obama for a couple of gaffes, here is Palin making another gaffe as well. But of course, the McCain/Palin people won't say the same stuff about their candidates as they do about Obama.

Economists and analysts pounced on the misstatement, which came before the government had spent funds baling the two entities out, saying it demonstrated a lack of understanding about one of the key economic issues likely to face the next administration.

"You would like to think that someone who is going to be vice president and conceivable president would know what Fannie and Freddie do," said Dean Baker, co-director of the Center for Economic and Policy Research. "These are huge institutions and they are absolutely central to our country's mortgage debt. To not have a clue what they do doesn't speak well for her, I'd say."

Added Andrew Jakabovics, an economic analysts for the progressive think tank, Center for American Progress: "It is somewhat nonsensical because up until yesterday there was sort of no public funding there. Even today they haven't drawn down any of the credit line they have given to Treasury. 'Gotten too big and too expensive' are two separate things. The too big has been a conservative mantra for a while and there is something to be said of that in that they hold about half of the mortgage guarantees that are out there. And in the last year they have been responsible for roughly 80 percent out there. The 'too expensive to tax payers,' I don't know where that comes from."

Even conservative analysts acknowledged that the statement simply did not hold true.

SRC: www.huffingtonpost.com...

[edit on 9/8/2008 by bigbert81]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
It's not a sporting event, not 'my side agin your side'.

It's about electing someone to steer the US out of the dozens of messes it finds itself in after the last disastrous election.

Surely Americans can find one semi-sane, half-decent individual out of 300 million ?

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I didn't find anything wrong with what she said.

Besides...I thought she was just a mouth piece for her speech writers

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by Dock6
Surely Americans can find one semi-sane, half-decent individual out of 300 million ?

Yeah the problem tends to be that those people are smart enough not to run in the first place.

I think the candidates on both sides can make speeches until the cows come home but in the end it's the debates (at least imo) that are going to decide this election.

sixty days goes quick.

spiderj

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Let's say for the sake of arguement that this is a gaffe. But being it is from the Huffington Post, I have my doubts.....

GAFFE SCOREBOARD

OBAMA 50+
PALIN 1

McCain/Palin will win in 2008.....and yes there will be riots.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
could you point out what it was that she said that was incorrect? I had to put the speaker up to my ear to hear it, but I did hear the speach. So far I am very impressed with Mrs. Palin. She seems very well spoken and inteligent. I also like her no BS approach to things. that seems to make everything quicker and more efficent. Thanks for posting this. We need to let more people know what a great choice McCain made!

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

Amazing seeing through your eyes, RR. You clearly have not been following this as much as you should be if you think Palin has 1 gaffe compared to Obama's 50. That shows a closed mind searching for only things that will secure your own one-sided beliefs.

Perhaps you should see BOTH sides before making up your mind on who to vote for.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I find it ironic the thread title states "ANOTHER gaffe", when the source article says "Palin Makes Her First Gaffe".

After reading the piece and listening to Palin, it's likely she intended "risk" to the taxpayer as opposed to "cost". So in other words, it seems the equivalent to Obama's recent "Muslim" faith mistake.

[edit on 8-9-2008 by loam]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigbert81
That shows a closed mind searching for only things that will secure your own one-sided beliefs.

Indeed.

Can you direct me to her other gaffes?

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Of course, we don't want humans who can make mistakes to run our country. We need ROBOTS. That's why we have Dick Cheney!

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Amazing seeing through your eyes, RR. You clearly have not been following this as much as you should be if you think Palin has 1 gaffe compared to Obama's 50. That shows a closed mind searching for only things that will secure your own one-sided beliefs.

Perhaps you should see BOTH sides before making up your mind on who to vote for.

Before Palin, I was only looking at ONE side, that one side being Lord Obama, and I was voting AGAINST him. Now that Palin is on the ticket, I now can say I am voting FOR Palin. McCain is still a loon, but hopefully we only have to deal with him for 4 years, then Palin can take over!

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Palin: What exactly does the VP do everyday?

Palin: If it was good enough for the founding fathers, its good enough for me and I'll fight in defense of our Pledge of Allegiance.

There's 2 others, and considering she's only been in the spotlight for a little over a week, I'd say she's on a pretty good course. Despite what the article title reads, have you already forgotten or blocked these out?

And Obama didn't make a mistake, G.S. did when he corrected him because he wasn't following what Obama was saying.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

This is not the first time I heard you mention riots. Please explain why you think there will be riots. Was there riots when Hillary lost? or are you saying that if the Black man lose then there will be riot. Please elaborate

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fathom
I didn't find anything wrong with what she said.

Besides...I thought she was just a mouth piece for her speech writers

You are SO RIGHT on both counts. The future is funny.

Here's 3 more.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam

Can you direct me to her other gaffes?

Besides running with McCareer Ender?

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
So... where's the gaffe..?

And how does that compare to "letting the cat out of the bag" by Barak Hussein Obama talking about "my muslim faith" ?

Seems he may be a closet muslim after all....

Hmm....

Must have been a slip of the tongue... Oooops...!

[edit on 8-9-2008 by Fromabove]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

Read the thread please.

I've already covered that.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by bigbert81

I looked up your second example and read her answer to the questionnaire. That's pretty weak. How do you know she wasn't referring to the Founding Father's belief in the role of God?

What are your other two examples? (I'm still trying to find the VP comment.)

[edit on 8-9-2008 by loam]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   

reply to post by Fromabove

Read the thread please.

I've already covered that.

Maybe... but it needs to repeated a few more times till people get it. The one thing about telling a lie is that sooner or later you'll get caught saying what you really mean. Obama meant what he said before Stragonophosis told him what he was sopposed to say.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
So... where's the gaffe..?

And how does that compare to "letting the cat out of the bag" by Barak Hussein Obama talking about "my muslim faith" ?

Seems he may be a closet muslim after all....

Hmm....

Must have been a slip of the tongue... Oooops...!

AWESOME POST! YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And are SOOOOOO smart.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join