It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin's Churches and The Third Wave

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Sarah Palin's Churches and The Third Wave

www.huffingtonpost.com

Sarah Palin's churches are actively involved in a resurgent movement that was declared heretical by the Assemblies of God in 1949. This is the same 'Spiritual Warfare' movement that was featured in the award winning movie, "Jesus Camp," which showed young children being trained to do battle for the Lord. At least three of four of Palin's churches are involved with major organizations and leaders of this movement, which is referred to as The Third Wave of the Holy Spirit or the New Apostolic Reformation. The movement is training a young "Joel's Army" to take dominion over the United States and the world.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   
No wonder the religious right likes her... she's another bloody fanatic.

I am sick to death of ideologues... give me a pragmatist... I don't want some damned fool funnymentalist trying to force their religious beliefs on me or on anyone else.

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Gee Grover... you better be careful. I've heard people here on ATS say that Palin is 'the new Princess Diana'. I'd be careful or you could get skewered. She's evolving into a religious icon.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
New princess Diana my ample ass... give me a break... she was involved with many good and decent charities and causes from AIDS to land mines... name one Palin is involved with.

Has anyone ever noticed how insufferably tacky the hard right is?

I could go on at length about the many and idiotically tacky comments that have come from the right.

[edit on 8-9-2008 by grover]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Totally man. You know, this whole part of history is playing out like a bad movie. Going right back to 9/11 so much truly unbelievable stuff has happened and in such outrageous ways. It's like a movie. With a very, very bad ending.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Starred and flagged Grover! (cool dog btw)

Is it also true they (this wacko group) all spaz out during the services and speak in tongues?
This stuff is very frightening, and I hope my fellow Americans see this - before they make a dire mistake by casting a vote for these radical extreme fundamentalists.
These Joel's Army freaks are wacko's to the extreme!
Wonder if there's a tie in with them and the freaks at the Westboro Baptist Church (the ones that picket soldiers funerals with signs saying the soldier was gay, etc)......

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

Written by grade B movie writers.

Every Clinton supporter I have talked to who had considered McCain (and there really aren't that many) to a woman (and man) they've told me that Palin was the deal breaker for them, that they are now committed to Obama because of her.

I am not opposed to religion by any stretch of the imagination... I am opposed to fanatics of any stripe.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover

Has anyone ever noticed how insufferably tacky the hard right is?

I could go on at length about the many and idiotically tacky comments that have come from the right.

[edit on 8-9-2008 by grover]

Spot on Grov'!
Yep.......Tacky, and most of the time delusional to boot.
I guess it is hard for them to actually talk about ISSUES.
Again, can't wait for the debates!

Edited to say: Your signature is awesome, and is 100% correct!

[edit on 9/8/2008 by justme2]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I saw this video and was reminded of Jesus Camp.

I agree... Just what we need. Another religious extremist who says that the war in Iraq (and the Alaskan Pipeline) is "God's Plan".

When all else fails. blame it on God. He can't very well defend himself.

Also check out the Master's Commission, Wasilla, AK, an Assembly of God organization.

Palin church promotes converting gays

ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) — Gov. Sarah Palin's church is promoting a conference that promises to convert gays into heterosexuals through the power of prayer.

"You'll be encouraged by the power of God's love and His desire to transform the lives of those impacted by homosexuality," according to the insert in the bulletin of the Wasilla Bible Church, where Palin has prayed for about six years.

Pray Away the Gay

The Master's Commision Cult?

"The Master's Commission, a generational call to character" is not just another church program. It is a one year, put your life on hold, give everything you have adventure that will radically change the way you look at the purpose of your life.
# To see young men and women motivated and captivated by the increasing revelation that their lives are not their own, and to be fully sold out to the principles and purposes of God.

# To see young men and women develop and pursue intimate, effective and radical relationships with God the Father, Jesus His Son, His Holy Spirit, the generations that have gone before them and one another.

# To see young men be men who are not afraid to lead and are violent in their pursuit of righteousness.

Oh, yes, let's get her right in there! I can't wait to see what she has in store for us!

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I'm not surprised. There's probably a lot more that will come out, though they're keeping Palin away from speaking directly to the press as much as possible. Her choice as v.p. nominee is clearly an attempt to get the religous right back in the McCain camp, but they've gone beyond that and now it seems she's part of the lunatic fringe.

Oh well, at least nobody's worried about Obama's church now.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I think it odd how many railed at associating Obama with the Rev. Wright issue, and now have no similar concerns with associating Palin and her church.

As I said in a similar thread:

We can look to how she's governed in the past.

According to one of Palin's major critics, she clearly did NOT govern overtly by her religious positions.

CLAIM VS FACT

•social conservative: mixed. Opposes gay marriage, BUT vetoed a bill
that would have denied benefits to employees in same-sex relationships
(said she did this because it was unconsitutional).

•pro-creationism: mixed. Supports it, BUT did nothing as Governor to
promote it.

•“Pro-life”: mixed. Knowingly gave birth to a Down’s syndrome baby
BUT declined to call a special legislative session on some pro-life
legislation

Is it therefore reasonable to assume she whould change her governance behavior now?

Incidentally:

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Just what we need. Another religious extremist who says that the war in Iraq (and the Alaskan Pipeline) is "God's Plan".

That's not entirely accurate. With respect to Iraq, she said she wanted people to pray that it was god's plan...not that it *is* god's plan. Big difference.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I wouldn't trust her to tell me what time it is, much less what's on God's mind. My 2cents

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Not princess Diana, The Pagan Goddess Diana. Look it up in wikipedia, It reads like her biography.

Either they are using architypes to play with our heads, or she is pagan.

I get the impression that her followers actually believe she is "The Goddess".

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Notice how she has become grafted to McCain's side. They don't dare let her out on the stump by herself... ever wonder why? Perhaps because she has a bad case of logorhea... it should be fun to watch her try and debate Biden... he will tear her to shreads.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   
In case anyone hasn't noticed the whole McCain/Palin rise in the polls is a false flag... the Democrats have been outregistering voters 2 to 1 all year and the efforts have increased considerably over the past week.

A lot of people are more scared of Palin than they are of McCain.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I would like to recommend this thread. If you want to learn more about the end of days movement.

I posted these comments on that thread.

Many people seemingly do not get that these people are eager for the end of the world. In fact they believe that God is guiding their every action to bring about the return of Jesus and their ascension to heaven.

Well that might be kinda quirky, misguided, maybe even funny as long as they play in their own locked ward and leave the rest of us alone but they are seeking the office of VPOTUS.

Sarah Palin is one of these people, no doubt! John McCain is not a healthy man. That means that end of days fanatic Sarah Palin will have access to the most powerful arsenal in the world and can bring about the return of Jesus with the press of a button. Now that is no longer a joke. That is pure insanity and the alarm needs to be sounded!

top topics

join