It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

new weapon to rival invention of plane and tank?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I would support UFOTECH's idea that the system they are referring to is quite possibly the so called Smart Dust. Nanowarfare (that IS what this is, after all) has the potential to revolutionise warfare, just like the plane or the tank did, as commented on in the interview.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I would say that all of this "satellite tech" that everyone is speculating about already exists. We know they can look through walls and count the hairs on your head. There's no reason to doubt that some satellites may have also been "weaponized" and/or are used in conjunction with un-manned strike vehicles.

But that still leaves a big gap in the intelligence aspect. You have to know where to look. It would take too much manpower to be looking everywhere at once, and to correlate the data. BUT, this is truly genius here...

Originally posted by Rasputin13
Imagine if you could go into the system and use some type of "rewind" feature, and follow the trail of the suicide bomber over the previous few days.

There is no reason to doubt that we have the tech to record everything in extremely high resolution and in different sight modes (such as infrared, x-ray, etc.) You don't have to be looking everywhere at once, the machines can do that. Talk about living history.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Demandred

i was thinking maybe along the lines of a virus custom made for a single persons DNA, you could spray a whole town with the virus but it would only effect the person it was custom made for.

Now that is a scary thought. And of course, you could also add to that the ability to commit genocide on all sorts of different groups. From a small family to an entire race.

I don't think our bio-tech is quite advanced enough for that yet though. Well, not what is being militarized/weaponized and fielded at this point anyway.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by UFOTECH

They might referring to so called smart dust.

I have no doubt that this stuff is being used, but it really does have a somewhat limited capability overall. Good for security work in a limited area, but I don't think that it is going to revolutionize warfare. Again, the biggest problem is not the technology itself, but the processing and correlation of the data. Someone has to be listening in the right place and right time.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Maybe they have figured out how to eavesdrop in on conversations, even when held indoors, from space, or other remote locations.

I have little doubt that this is not only possible, but is indeed being used as well. But of course, yet again the capability is not the crux of the matter. You have to know who to listen to at the right time and place. The filtering of the data is the real magic.

reply to post by Rasputin13

...I would say it is an ability to monitor every phone call made inside Iraq.

Without a doubt this is being done. In fact, I have little doubt that every electronic communication in the world can be monitored. The FBI has been listening in on our phone conversations here in the US without warrants since the OKC bombing.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Your all wrong its that triangle UFO thats been caught flying around so much lately. Remember it rivals the tank and airplane, its just got to be their new toy that has been developed at S4 or Area 51. You knows us boys with toys kind of thing, gotta use them. Buy the way their is lots of videos of this thing on the web, some are fake, but remember it takes only 1 of these videos to be real. This thing would be a lot more than an aircraft, it would also have tha capability of space flight I assume, which would give a pilot a great advantage point to view things from??? Such as person of interest. Possibly loaded with the new laser the military has been developing.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Most excellent article ufotech.
Wacked out tech! The only way if I was the enemie would be to douse an area of interest with anodised silver flake to short out any electronics.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Some of the declassified stuff is about microwave, and lasar weaponry mounted on trucks, and also ADS systems (Active Denial System). Basically, I guess you locate, isolate and cook'em inside out. I understand this has been tested in Iraq already. If you were on the receiving end it would be a pretty horrible day for you. Imagine the enemy in a fortified house. The US milotary shows up for a fight. Suddenly your skin starts to feel like it's on fire and you're hearing voices in your head. You feel horribly sick but you go to the doors and windows to fight. You feel hot. very hot and for a few minuttes you sweat and suddenly drop dead. Then they go in and fire a few bullets into the dead bodies for show. No one ever knew what just happened.

I also belive these weapons were transported via ships to Georgia. But we'll have to wait and see if the Russians there start feeling sick and begin to leave in large numbers.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
you're all wrong, it's THIS:

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by me262
you're all wrong, it's THIS:

WOW. THat is a chainsaw gun! saWEET! I HOPE it is a chainsaw gun.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
You do realize this is referring to Tribbles don't you?...

Pretty soon we'll start sending Quadra Triticalie Grain...and you know what happens then...

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
X-ray/infrared satellites with the ability to extrapolate words by reading lips... perhaps? Take it a step further by adding echelon capability - ie. the ability to do this on many people at a time and pick out key words so as to narrow the potential suspects. It's not hard to imagine given current technology.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by robertnesta
than why would he say "If you were an al Qaeda leader or part of the insurgency in Iraq, or one of these renegade militias, and you knew about what they were able to do, you'd get your ass outta town."

that sounds more focused on them not us

If this quote was true, why is there still a war going on over there? Why isn't the leadership all dead, and our troops home?

Can you say "Propoganda" boys and girls? Good, I knew you could!

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Id have to sat probably not surveillance having read the quote doesn't match saying tanks or planes. If I had to guess it would be an urban warfare weapon. Thinking smart bullets would be good where they can identify a target or possibly a robot for entering and clearing buildings the army fielded 1 with a 50 caliber machine gun mount. You drive it in kill the bad guys and your guy is safely looking at a computer screen.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I agree with much of what has been speculated about current capabilities.
We have HD satellites in all spectrums with FMV and full rewind. Similar to google earth, but next gen and operable from a touchscreen table in the war room. (like this)
Car bomb goes off, they can zoom in on the area and rewind to see where it came from...maybe.
The whole place is prolly swarming with UAVs 24/7 and aside from conventional and new weapons, our weapons are better than their's.
We probably have access to all but the most private of sat phone communications unless we're talking about 2 cans on a string.
So that's all given.
I like the idea of the triangle S4 vehicle. Silent and no doubt, full of exotic new tech. Being as quiet as it may be would benefit it's surveillance capability helping them to find specific people.

Still, the thing that still nags is the whole being able to find and single out the particularly hostile-minded...how do you know who that is? We probably make 2 new enemies for every one we kill.
Sounds like the remote viewers or maybe even some form of theta wave detection tool such that they are working towards with HAARP? You know...capture the baddie...read his theta pattern...get some more and develop a profile for the intended target.
If not, then I'd go with the propaganda/media as a weapon idea. It's the scientology technique: "knowing about knowing" ...keep em guessing...thinking you have an ace up yer sleeve when ya don't...flush em out.

If he was being literal, like this is something that'd replace the tank AND heli...or be profound to killing in a similar way by putting explosives somewhere fast, then I hate to say it, but I am kindof excited to think it might be an anti-grav vehicle. Alien tech may be a stretch, but maybe he's just really good at keeping the biggest secret in human history.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I think its something similar to the exo-skeletons we have seen the military interested in lately.

Could also be "big dog".

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I'm guessing it is O.B.I.T. from the 1960's "Outer Limits" first season. Outer Band Individual Teletracer, mind reading at a distance. Unique mind signatures, very faint electric brain activity.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
It has to do with individual DNA and Nano-Tech. Once the DNA target has
been I.D. then the Nano can be programed and then delieverd by bomb
burst in Iraq or airial spray in california, You pick.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
yes probably the next generation of the predator UAV.
excaliburrd.com...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join