new weapon to rival invention of plane and tank?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I'm thinking that they are further along with the invisibility cloaking technology than what we're being told. Hide the soldier - kill the bad guy quite efficiently. Up close and totally impersonal. More likely to make it out alive as well.
FWIW.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Oh my what if it was the LHC!?!

Had anyone mentioned that already?

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I wonder if you used estrogen or some other hormone if you could induce a constant state of PMS in a nice, healthy, intelligent young lady. Arm up a front line squad of those and I would want to get the heck out of town

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
In my opinion the Navy surface warfare center development of a rail gun that can fire a projectile 200 miles at Mach 5 with pin point accuracy for pennies on the dollar for a missile of equal destructive force qualifies it as a game changing weapon of combat. Gizmodo Article.

This thing shoots its payload to the edge of space and then back down on its target faster than any missile can hit its target in a straight shot. Indirect fire from space traveling at mach 5. How the heck do you stop something like that? The kinetic energy is crazy powerful. When the US has these perfected they will be the ultimate anti-missile, anti armor, anti-ship, anti-aircraft weapon ever carried on the high seas. Imagine if they put these into space above an enemy at about 2,200 miles up in geosynchronous orbit . It could see any enemy coming from such a distance it would be very hard to remove it from the sky. It could put its round on the target in a half a second from firing solution to impact from

For the moment it is just planned for surface warships but for anti-missile batteries on land I can see nothing that would work better and they could be truck mounted and moved around to make taking them out very difficult.

[edit on 9/8/2008 by UFOTECH]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by robertnesta

I saw the interview and was listening very close and watching his eyes and body language. He was so careful and vague that I had started thinking about remote viewing! He eluded to the comparison of tanks and planes et but you can't help but think he was talking about remote viewing as the secret weapon to find the enemy. It would make sense if you are aware of the process of remote viewing. Please consider this theory.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

to correct you on the gps satellites, they are located in a semi-syncronous orbit with a period of about 12 hours.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
This man appeared on Larry King tonight. He also touched on this subject. he didn't elaborate much, but he did say this.

This top secret technology rivals the Manhattan Project and that it was revolutionary the capabilities the military has attained. He would not comment much more than this b/c he was told by a high ranking military official NOT to comment on it, saying that it would get people killed. He also said it was developed at the time of the surge.

Now that's saying alot.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Interesting comment
Obama should find out what it is, tell us, and use it against McCain.
Saying it wasn't the surge at all that worked, it was this new invention.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
A weapon that rivals a plane or a tank, to me would be a device that renders weapons useless,such a device i am not sure exists

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by robertnesta

Until we actually see some accurate attack as described, it can't be anything more than just headgame talk.
Trying to psyche out some rats.
Not that there is anything wrong with a mind flip to a rat.

[edit on 9/9/2008 by eaganthorn]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I love gov disinformation.

its not a weapon just a group of new tech.
1 identification transmitters placed on cars at check points.
2 bugs placed in homes during door to door searches then the insurgents talking about there plans.
3 friendly iraqs spying on the insurgents.
4 UAVs capable of 24 hour tracking of the identification transmitters on the cars and tracking them to where IED were planted.
5 explosives sniffing dogs finding stockpiles of IEDs and the troops planting electronic traps letting the troops track the insurgents when they take the IEDs to plant and have snipers waste them.
6 last but the best is the US gov has control of the cellphone system and the stupid insurgent use cellphones to plan and control there attacks on US troops. most cellphones now have GPS system built in to them.
this makes it easy to track and dial in a GPS guided bomb right on top of the insurgents. or send in the marines to kick ass and break things.

There is a long list of new electronic tricks that the insurgents have never heard of.

Electronic warfare is the future.
a simple laptop can track 100s of cellphones at a time.
if you enemy uses cellphones he is toast.

A organised insurgency has to have communications.
if you use his system against him he is dead.

But if you leak the story about secret weapons being used against him he gets paranoid and makes mistakes. or gives up

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I'm with smart dust technology...

most likely, but it's definitively miniaturization, there is a myriad of projects in the work that were ready in the time frame, remote control insects, smart dust, tons of miniaturization projects...

I bet they are storming on the nano tech right now for the ultimate anti sub weapon

a robotic minnow that eats holes in your ship undetected.... oooooo

something of the sort will be released, nano tech is it, across the board

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Bird Flu?
Blue Ear Disease?
Microwaves?
Wireless Electricity?
Cloak?
UFO?
Nanobots?
Nanotechnology?

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I hope somebody builds a Non-nuclear electromagnetic pulse and whips out those damn satellites

read under History....something about the Iraq war in 03

en.wikipedia.org...

E-Bomb

www.globalsecurity.org...

[edit on 9-9-2008 by Alferd Packer]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   
The Heat Signature of the top of your head is as unique as a fingerprint.

I guess I better make another Aluminum Foil Deflector Beanie

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Here come the USAF flying saucers.

The rest of the world views NeoCon America the way their predecessors viewed Nazi Germany.... they are going to need them.

WW3 is coming.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Meanwhile more than a 150 000 American soldiers are stuck in Iraq not doing much other than surviving. Technology is not enough without the will to win and there is no will to win that one or the one in Afghanistan. Sorry about ruining all these wet dreams but war isn't ,and never has been, about having cool or destructive gadgets.

Stellar

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by UFOTECH

UFO Tech

The concept you’re referring to sounds similar – and possibly related – to another affectionately named concept known as The Rod from God. I believe its military designation is Project Thor, but The Rod from God sounds more ominous.

Like the rail gun The Rod from God utilises kinetic energy to annihilate its target. And annihilate its target it does – and then some.

The space-based weapons system consists of two satellites in a high-altitude orbit above the earth. One satellite serves as a communications and targeting platform and the other is loaded with tungsten rods that are 20ft in length and 1ft in diameter.

Once released the tungsten ‘telephone poles’ descend through earth’s atmosphere at a whopping 36,000ft per second. The energy liberated by their impact with terra firma is commensurate with the energy released by the detonation of a small nuclear weapon.

Let’s hope that the release system securing the tungsten rods is robust and has very secure fail-safe systems. After all, you wouldn’t want these things indiscriminately falling out of the sky.

The Rod from God

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I think Jackinthebox hit it on the head, the Military finally got Tivo.

With terabyte HD's a couple hundred of these could record all activity in the country.

Myself, I think they finally got Real "bug" drones. who would suspect a fly, mosquito or gnat could compromise your position??

or maybe they have finally perfected the star trek "tricoder"

I think it's a combination of techs, not just a single "super weapon"

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join