It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Obama's "Community Organizer" Days Are a Joke

page: 1/

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Barack likes to compare his community organizer experience to that of a Mayor or Governor, but here's what he really did..

Rudy Giuliani had me in stitches during his red-meat keynote address at the GOP convention. I laughed out loud when Giuliani laughed out loud while noting Barack Obama's deep experience as a "community organizer." I laughed again when VP nominee and Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin cracked: "I guess a small-town mayor is sort of like a 'community organizer,' except that you have actual responsibilities."

Team Obama was not amused. (Neither were the snarky left-wingers on cable TV who are now allergic to sarcasm.) They don't get why we snicker when Obama dons his Community Organizer cape. Apparently, the jibes rendered Obama's advisers sleepless. In a crack-of-dawn e-mail to Obama's followers hours after Giuliani and Palin spoke, campaign manager David Plouffe attempted to gin up faux outrage (and, more importantly, donations) by claiming grave offense on the part of community organizers everywhere. Fumed Plouffe

"Both Rudy Giuliani and Sarah Palin specifically mocked Barack's experience as a community organizer on the South Side of Chicago more than two decades ago, where he worked with people who had lost jobs and been left behind when the local steel plants closed. Let's clarify something for them right now. Community organizing is how ordinary people respond to out-of-touch politicians and their failed policies."

Source

Related Post

[edit on 8-9-2008 by LLoyd45]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Please make posts with factual information, and, not party propaganda. I'm sure someone else here could list all of the things that Barack Obama has actually done but I'm not in a position to.

[edit on 7-9-2008 by Frankidealist35]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
Please make posts with factual information, and, not party propaganda. I'm sure someone else here could list all of the things that Barack Obama has actually done but I'm not in a position to.

Community organizer
Harvard law school
State Senator
U.S Senator
Candidate for President

There, that didn't take long.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

lloyd,

go out and get involoved with your community. Volunteer. Meet people everyday who make you realize that life is amazing, much more than attacking people. Regardless of your political position, it shows a clear lack of understanding of both community and the special people who tirelessly give their efforts to actually help others. Why is it a "joke"?

ColoradoJens

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83

Community organizer
Harvard law school
State Senator
U.S Senator
Candidate for President

There, that didn't take long.

You should put an asterisk by that U.S. Senator part.

kinda like

*Used Senate office as platform to run for Presidency and only showed up for work part of the time.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 05:23 AM
link   

[edit on 7-9-2008 by Frankidealist35]
If you're unable to post a list of his actual achievements as a community organizer, where do you get off calling the information false or propaganda? Stop being intellectually lazy.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
lloyd,

go out and get involoved with your community. Volunteer. Meet people everyday who make you realize that life is amazing, much more than attacking people. Regardless of your political position, it shows a clear lack of understanding of both community and the special people who tirelessly give their efforts to actually help others. Why is it a "joke"?

ColoradoJens
I am involved in my community, but I don't think it qualifies me to be the President. That's the real joke about Obama's claims. Volunteer service is great, but it in no way prepares a person to run a city, a state, much less a country. Is that really so hard for you to comprehend?

Does having a CPR card make an individual qualified to run the whole EMS system in their town?

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   
whew.... what an ordeal so early in the a.m.

According to very, very hard to link to OP link
(it took me 5 trys & 2 different layers of ...blogs.com & google.com)to finally arrive at the Obama WFT.com (Obama What's the Facts)...

in the article its revealed that Barack's "Community Organizer' days was with the legally troubled 'ACORN' organization.
~read the article for a brief track record for the 'ACORN' acton committee~
the report reveals that the Obama presidential campaign has inked a check for some $800,000. to a front company 'Citizen Services, /Inc", that fronts for 'ACORN'..the strong arm org. that gave Obama his first leg-up
(think $$ and votes) to begin Obama's political career.

which goes to show you... a Harvard degree is small potatos...because it's not What you know
It's all about Who you network with that counts.

community organizer ? a paid OJT position! wish i wood of thought of that

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

Great post Loyd. It still amazes me how much the media talks about his community organizer experience, yet never seems interested in exactly what he did and who he worked with. I suppose that should have set our alarm bells off early.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Please make posts with factual information, and, not party propaganda.

If you want that, you can visit my thread in the Bully Pulpit about Obama's work as a community organizer.

Six Degrees of Separation seems to work wonders around here. I looked into this whole ACORN thing and it's as nebulous a connection as can be. :shk:

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
If you want that, you can visit my thread in the Bully Pulpit about Obama's work as a community organizer.

Six Degrees of Separation seems to work wonders around here. I looked into this whole ACORN thing and it's as nebulous a connection as can be. :shk:

Yes, BH is good at putting a positive spin on all things Obama, so by all means join her in the pit.

PS:

I guess that $800,000 Barack forgot to report in campaign payments was a tenuous connection as well, huh?

ACORN's political arm endorsed Obama in February and has ramped up efforts to register voters across the country. Meanwhile, completely ignored by the mainstream commentariat and clean-election crusaders, the Obama campaign has admitted failing to report $800,000 in campaign payments to ACORN. They were disguised as payments to a front group called "Citizen Services, Inc." for "advance work."

Source

top topics

join