It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Had enough of Stupid Comments and Baiting on ATS

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Heya Oz mate,

Just a word of support for your post. While I do not share some of your sentiments expressed in this website I would never go as low as to resort to insults. Quite frankly that just makes the person replying look stupid.

Whenever I see such comments on here I tend to think they are the type of people who spend most of their time inhabiting such intellectual delights as 4chan and 711chan. They are trolls with no actual insight to provide themselves. All they know how to do is jump on a bandwagon and make stupid pictures involving cats.

Keep up the good work mate

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Hey Oz,
I want to start by saying I am sorry if any of the follwing is unpleasant. I know we are both on each others friend list here so I am sure you will take it the right way. If I suddenly appear on your Foe or Ignore list I will know how you took it...

I have read many of your threads, and your responses to many others, and more often than not they are well written. You do however bring alot of it on yourself, by buying into the antagonism and biting back.

Also, I understand your reasoning behind it, but your semi regular anti C.Trail threads just provoke those who are aready opposed to you and it all starts again. Maybe give the subject a rest and enjoy other topics to cool down a little? There are so many who do belive it you will never change thier minds and only drive yourself crazy trying. (Why not try something less contoversial like Nibiru or Reptilians?
)

The other thing is your proud stance and advertising the fact of your job role and being a government employee. I know you are showing your credentials on the matter, but many people will see that and immediately see you as the enemy in thier conspirital paranoia.

I hope you understand where I am comng from. It is all meant with best intentions. it is just how I see it.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
It appears that you have a lot of support on this thread .
I do find the case you put forward about chemtrails to smack, of truth deflection. Which considering the employment within a government job you admit to seems towing the party line.
I have in recent times and now been surrounded by grids of chemtrail lines sometimes the a/c design patterns they stay for ages then block the sun.
On occasion they give the effect of DNA spirals they in my opinion are not natural weather formations.
One of your supportive mates was jawing on about children on the site making immature comments (Wonder if he,s got teenage kids prob not).
Of course this site will attract them its right up there street UFO's Etc.
You see my stance on chemtrails its different to yours I wont make a sarcastic comment or offend you on this as you seem to be getting rather sensitive.
I will state again though that a hierachy based on supposed superior mental prowess will cause isolation to some members.
Enjoy your new adventure in BTS Oz .

[edit on 8-9-2008 by headlightone]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT_T
Unfortunately,following the old motto of 'Do not feed the Trolls' is leaving interesting discussions incomplete and unworthy of returning too.

Thats exactly right, this is why quality of some topics on ATS is so poor at the moment

Its also annoying for those that are out to debunk or provide points against a conspiracy theory. I know this site is a conspiracy forum, but I think everyone has the right to try and prove/ disprove their point of view without being attacked or insulted by those with opposing views

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by headlightone
It appears that you have a lot of support on this thread .
I do find the case you put forward about chemtrails to smack, of truth deflection. Which considering the employment within a government job you admit to seems towing the party line.

Thanks for proving the whole point of this thread. Instead of putting forward your own information or trying to debunk my point of view, you just assume im working for the government, providing disinformation and deflecting. This is a typical thing that happens on every thread i start about chem/contrails.

And why did you even have to bring it up, this isnt a thread about that, is this an attempt to bait me into talking about it?

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

oz, you have to do as others have recommended and walk away for a while; i have been lurking on ats for a long time before joining, and every year as summer break arrives we get an influx of younglings and the insults increase; it is also a reflection of the outside world, for as the stress level of society in general rises nerves become more frayed and we as a general rule all have a tendency to a shorter fuse.

it also appears to be a reality that some people are going to argue and stir the pot simply because they enjoy being anal retentive and must undoubtably have had a bad or trying relationship experience where they didn't come out on top, been the object of the school-yard bully,etc.; yet when you bite back you give them the ball back in your court.

unfortunately the t&c just don't seem to apply to some people in their eyes, and like children, unless given a dose of the strap, they continue on as they think they have a right to.

keep smiling, my friend.

seeker

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Where are the weather "experts" to debunk this one.
I would like to see what kind of lies they have cooked up for this one.
Oz? Essan? Anyone?

Hey Oz, Im guilty for using your name in one of my threads - www.abovetopsecret.com... but I wasnt doing it to cause any trouble. I did out of respect because I value your opinion as you seem to know a lot more than me even if are sceptical about chemtrails. At least people know who you are....

I know you prob didnt mean me but as i have mentioned you I thought I would have to courtesy to let you know my reason...so no hard feelings I hope.

I agree with your post - I like ATS and will always come here because for every 10 idiots there is 1 star....I have been checking out Project Avalon (Project Camelot Forum) which is cool. But im sure this place will get infected by our fellow idiots.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by VIKINGANT

Also, I understand your reasoning behind it, but your semi regular anti C.Trail threads just provoke those who are aready opposed to you and it all starts again. Maybe give the subject a rest and enjoy other topics to cool down a little?

You actually have a good point there. But I know I just can't help it ... if someone spouts out something I know is wrong I have to respond. Just can't help myself.

And I do also find myself thinking not of those posting in such threads but the many others who may just be reading them. If something I know to be wrong, misleading, disingenuous, is said in such posts should I ignore it or respond knowing I'll get drawn into yet another acrimonious debate?

I guess though that starting such threads is just asking for trouble?

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by davidifty
Hey Oz, Im guilty for using your name in one of my threads - www.abovetopsecret.com... but I wasnt doing it to cause any trouble. I did out of respect because I value your opinion as you seem to know a lot more than me even if are sceptical about chemtrails. At least people know who you are....

No thats fine, you never insulted me in any way

The thing that annoys me is when they say, "waiting for Oz or Essan to come and spread lies or spread disinfo". If someone asks me to come give my opinion on a thread, then I have no problem with that, unless their purpose is to bait

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
I guess though that starting such threads is just asking for trouble?

But we shouldnt have to put up with insults, childish allegations and baiting for starting threads from our point of view.

Its not fair to us

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join