It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rashad Evans Vs. Chuck Liddell (UFC 88 Spoiler)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
****Spoiler Below****

Rashad Evans KNOCKS Chuck Liddell out COLD!!!
The match just ended and i've never seen liddell blacked out like this. I was really going for him too...
JUST LETTING YALL KNOW!!!

mod edit: to remove spoiler from title

[edit on 9/8/2008 by kinglizard]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I thought for a minute Chuck was dead after that shot, he was out cold on his feet. I felt bad for the old guy he was such a great champion and had a long run.

MMA isnt made for 40 year olds. Unless your name is Randy Couture.

That KO ranked up there with Gonzaga's destruction of Cro Cop. Highlite reel for sure

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I've never seen iceman go down that hard!! Even when rampage jackson took him down, iceman was still defending himself intelligently and after the ref called it, he lunged at him to try to keep going. This time was just a cold turkey. Smoked. Done.
If u watch it slow mo his neck torques SOOO wicked!! I bet he'll have whiplash tomorro!!

Oh, speaking of couture, did u see he's gonna fight brock lesnar?? That dude is almost 300 pounds and built like a freakin bull on steroids!! Im gonna watch that for SURE!!
Keep it real!
-Z-

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 03:50 AM
link   
It was pretty sick, his knees buckled and the lights went out. I have never seen anyone KO Chuck like that. I never thought Rashad Evans had it in him, he usually just sticks to the lay n pray. He came out blasting tonight.

Im a bit worried for Couture at this point as well, he is not a spring chicken and Lesnar will have 50 lbs and a good four or five inches in height on him. I would never count the old timer out, but fighting Brock would be like going toe to toe with a grizzly bear.

He is a sucker for the submissions though. Frank Mir beat him with I believe it was a toe or ankle lock, it can be done.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Yeah, couture is definately a BEAST. Did u see him rock Tim Sylvia? His eye was poppin right out of his head it was ballistic!! And tim is 6'8" and heavy as hell. Lesnar isnt that tall but for sure has a LOT more muscle mass on him. It'll be interesting to see what happens. I had cash on liddell last night too... aww.
-Z-

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
What kind of a person puts a spoiler in the title.

Hmm, one wonders.

Could it be a TUF noob?

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I saw this and it was my introduction to UFC fighting .... all i can say is WOW that was soooo unexpected and quite incredible. All my friends that were over for a BBQ who are big fans of this event were floored.

It was pretty sweet to see, even for a newbie to it like me.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Last night was the first UFC event I haven't attended live or watched on pay per view in almost two years. I got a call this morning while I was still at work and heard that Liddell got knocked out. Rashad is certainly proving himself, but I was really looking forward to a Liddell vs. Griffin title fight.

I'm glad to see that Jason MacDonald won his fight last night.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
205 is loaded right now, especially since Hendo is back and Anderson Silva is thinking of moving up.

Rampage deserves a rematch, Lyoto Machida is undefeated and deserves a shot, now Rashad Evans finally has a note worthy win to hang his hat on (Im not talking about hugging for 45 minutes with Tito).

Unfortunately one of these guys will have to face the Axe Murderer, who is and will always be my personal favorite. Maybe Dana will set up Rampage / Wanderlei for a third time to see who gets a shot at the winner of Forrest/Rashad...which is almost a guarantee after last night.

After what Wandy did to Keith Jardine, someone had better be worried.

WAR Wand!!!

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by chissler

Jason Mcdonald is going to be an awesome fighter.

That guy has serious skills.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZyPHeR
Yeah, couture is definately a BEAST. Did u see him rock Tim Sylvia? His eye was poppin right out of his head it was ballistic!! And tim is 6'8" and heavy as hell. Lesnar isnt that tall but for sure has a LOT more muscle mass on him. It'll be interesting to see what happens. I had cash on liddell last night too... aww.
-Z-

Big Tim is a can, I always knew that when he was in UFC.

Fedor pretty much man handled him, took him out in under a minute. Then again he would do the same thing to Big Nog or anyone else in the weak UFC HW division.

I miss PRIDE.

[edit on 9/7/08 by BlackOps719]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Wow, that's all I can say about that KO. We went out and watched the fight at a local bar and the reaction was mixed. On one hand there were the people that were ecstatic and on the other, like me, just couldn't believe what we just saw.

I honestly thought Iceman was dead. His neck was just.......whoa. :shk: If only he would have had another half a second, he may have knocked evans out with that uppercut.

One questions, did we see the last of Chuck Liddell last night?

-Deveth

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I think we'll see Liddell fight at least two more times.

The next two or three months will determine his next opponent.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Apparently that is what was on my tv when I came into the bedroom and decided to turn it to some old Harrison Ford movie, then the hubby's walks in and says, "WTF are you doing?
Don't you know who's fighting?
", and I said "Nope, and I don't care.". But, I let him turn it back just in time to see this guy get knocked out. Good thing too or he probably wouldn't be talking to me today. hehe

Rush

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
any of yall wouldn't happen to have a link to this fight would ya? i thought for sure chuck would've won but i guess he just wasn't ready. imo, he prolly underestimated rashad.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I watched that also. Chuck "Lights Out" Lidell hit the mat in a massive slump. That blow contorted his face and I am pretty sure he was out cold before his knees even buckled.

Watching fight science, they have shown that just such a blow, delivered in just that fashion, if one of the "off switch" punches that will almost always put an opponent out.

I think he needs to give up his dreams of getting his title back and settle in as one of the most influential veterans in the sport and start training people or commentating. Lidell and Rogen would make a heck of a combo on the major events. Other than that, he will always have his celebrity status to keep him busy. I just think he has passed his prime and should step out before someone turns him into a vegetable with severe brain damage.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I agree, nothing sadder than seeing a great veteran champion gradually slide down hill. Chuck has lost 3 of his last 4 fights, may be time to think of moving on to greener pastures.

It was sad watching a great champ like Matt Hughes fade into mediocrity. They were both pioneers and great champs, but there comes a time when physical skill diminishes and style becomes obsolete.

Sort of like watching Michael Jordan play for the Wizards or Emmet Smith run for the Cardinals, you know they are one of the greatest ever that just stuck around a little too long.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Yeah, liddells last 4 fights have all been beastly. I think he got too cocky and tried to bite off more than he could chew. Rampage is a straight up savage and honestly, I didnt see the fight, just the highlight reel and he never stood a chance. If I were him, I would have retired wit a good celeb status, almost undefeatedness and legendary brawling skills. I think a lot of people have dropped their expectations of him.
Its a shame. He was such a good fighter.
-Z-

EDIT: Thanks to the mod for putting spoiler in the title, sorry again to those who I ruined the secret for!

[edit on 9/8/2008 by ZyPHeR]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
With Evans being guaranteed his title shot, does anyone think he actually has a shot against Griffin? Initially I thought it was a bad match up for Forrest.. but I don't think I feel the same after having thought about it.

If Forrest could handle Rampage, I don't see how Evans expects to do any different.

Thoughts?

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Forrest has some really good techniques... I think he could take evans without too much resistance. Evans is by far the bigger puncher but griffin has a lot more training as far as everything else goes. I'd say evans only chance is swingin for the fences and tryin to catch griffin in the sweet spot. He doesnt want to get close with griffin and for sure doesnt wanna go to the mat with him.
Anyone elses input?
-Z-

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join