It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I really miss John Lear

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

OK. I won't. Personally? I found Mr. Lear to be an obnoxious pest, but that's just me...and I'm definitely in the minority. So I mostly ignored him...which is the way it should be.

So far as I know, he's more than welcome to return, infact I believe he's posted a time or two since this all came to pass, not sure about that, but I seem to recall seeing his name pop up a time or two...don't care enough to check that more completely...

But anyhow, there it is...my unvarnished opinion...and that's all it is.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Wow!

I actually appreciate an 'unvarnished' outlook.

I could debate Captain Lear (and I wll always give him thst honorofic) about aviation matters...but, I imagine we will agree mre than disagree, there. There are only a few ponts thst I quibble with....but, the Black Hole is calling me.....it is dragging me to sleep.....perchance, to dream.....

(good night, sweet Prince).........................

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darth Logan
Your not the only one. I miss him also. I have a passion for aviation and he was the reason why I joined ATS. It's just not the same, I know I can say that much.

From my understanding he has been POST BANNED not banned entirely off the site, meaning that he needs to send a U2U to the Amigo's apologising (or whatever the issue was) and requesting they lift the post ban.

From what I have read of his work he intrigues me. I love his theories and claims, outrageous as some may appear.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I found a thread that deals with Lear departure from ATS . Now I approach all new ideas with an open mind but that doesn't change the fact Lear never provided any evidence or logical rational behind his ideas . At best he bend what few "facts" he present to suit his own fanciful(SP?) ideas . For those reason I don't miss John Lear presence on the boards .

As ATS has become more popular some amongst the anti establishment crowd have perceived that the boards have become a part of the much hated establishment . This is why such absurd as ATS being a CIA front and other such idiotic ideas have cropped up and will continue to do so .

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
John Lear sucked because he made whacked out theories with absolutely no proof to back them up. I mean this is a conspiracy site about the discussion of alternative subjects but naval bases under the Nevada desert?

Better off without him.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I would like to address what I think is really the most important question in this thread:

I'm taking my Mate to London, for his first time. I've been there, but never to LHR. No probs, can take the tube anywher, of course....but am looking at hotels. Any suggestions?

I don't know what your budget is, but I was in london for a couple of weeks in May and stayed at the Hilton Green Park:

www.hilton.co.uk...

The hotel was very nice and centrally located. Also near lots of great restaraunts. Specifically around the corner in the shepards market there are quite a few good ones including Al Hamra which (in my opinion) is the best lebanese/middle eastern food in the city.

I've stayed in many hotels in london over the years, but will most likely stay at the hilton again next time I go to visit family.

Between the staff, the rooms, the bar and the location of the hotel itself I just think it's a winner.

Also if I may suggest taking your friend to the Winston Churchill/war room museum. I really think it's one of the coolest museums in london, but I'm a big fan of winston and those snazzy jumpsuits of his.

Okay I've committed the sin of going off topic.

John Lear you say?

He was never the same after we put the computer chip in his head.

Spiderj

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by MacDonagh
I mean this is a conspiracy site about the discussion of alternative subjects but naval bases under the Nevada desert?
Better off without him.

Well you may dislike John but the Navy Base at Hawthorne Nevada is real

I suggest you take a moment and pick up the old thread here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I don't have a lot of time so I will just post this...

The PATCH of the Base

Remember...

DENY IGNORANCE

[edit on 6-9-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Hang on, if he says he is banned, but he is not, then why should anyone believe anything he says about this?

Sorry, but this one stinks so bad I had to stick my nose in.

When all else fails you... ATS is the conspiracy!

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Alarmist2012
Sorry, but this one stinks so bad I had to stick my nose in.

Yes it seems there is no shortage of stirring up the stink around hear lately... It used to be fun here...

What happened to John Lear? Conspiracy??

Reprinted with permission in writing from SO
The ATS Saga Continues

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Put this in a separate post in case

John Lear - Crybaby

I would say those three links cover it all

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I don't think John Lear made ATS better at all. In fact, I don't miss him in the least.

He was rude, condescending, and just made up whatever he felt like. He would insult people and then report them to the mods if they even defended the insults.

I remember reading a thread where he called somebody crazy, and the person replied something like, "If it's between the two of us, I would bet it's not me that's the crazy one" or something similar. Lear reported the person and got them banned.

Basically, he acted like a jerk.

[edit on 7-9-2008 by jamie83]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Dont you just love when a person thats been here for less than a month decides to lecture everyone on how evil we are? (@Gateway)
Lear was a BS talking old fool who expects people to belive him because of the status he has a pilot
Good riddance

[edit on 6-9-2008 by WERE_ALL_GONA_DIE]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Where's Gateway?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Reading a John Lear thread was like watching a live train wreck.

You couldn't help but look, but after you saw it you usually wished you hadn't.

His entertainment value was +10

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83
I remember reading a thread where he called somebody crazy, and the person replied something like, "If it's between the two of us, I would bet it's not me that's the crazy one" or something similar. Lear reported the person and got them banned.

Sorry, I don't recall that. John wasn't staff at any time and he had little influence. I'd post my thoughts on this but he has decided to stay away and can't defend himself. Suffice it to say, I'm not a fan of his musings but a big supporter of his genetics. Have you seen his daughter?

Yeah, I'm a pig.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gools

Have you ever considered for a smidgen of a moment that he could be lying?

Gools,

I was under the impression that he was banned, if not temporarily, and this is why he logged on at one point under a new account. He was here at one point under a different account correct? Or was that account his original one but downgraded?

Was he BANNED and then UNBANNED?

I am very confused now...and please don't tear my head off for asking.

P.S. I too found Lear entertaining, if not a bit delusional.
His back and forth with one particular skeptic was stellar.

Meh...maybe he was never here at all and was simply a CIA Bot program.
His photos of himself were all holograms created with 9/11 technology.

I am kidding in the John Lear tradition of course.

- Lee

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
The ATS Saga Continues

PLEASE EVERYONE!
(yes to get attention, as people have & will overlook zorgons initial link not realizing what it is...if they even see it.)

The link above is direct correspondence between SO and J.L. and explains EVERYTHING.
So before more speculation is put out, etc. - read it...and then you will have the answers.

Two people with two different slants of view on what happened.
Thats life, happens all the time, and that is how misunderstanding happens.
Egos on both sides were shot at I suppose.

Read and let it be the end finally.

Peace

dAlen

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

The ATS Saga Continues

Ah...thanks for the link.
So he WAS banned at one point. I thought I was right about that.

The whole thing seems a bit silly when laid out like that but hey at least I got an explanation.

Thanks.

Moving on.

- lee

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by WERE_ALL_GONA_DIE
Dont you just love when a person thats been here for less than a month decides to lecture everyone on how evil we are? (@Gateway)

Lecture? How am I lecturing YOU or anyone for that matter? If you need a course in basic English comprehension, then I can post a link to the nearest online-community college if you'd like?

Re-read what I posted.

Lear was a BS talking old fool who expects people to belive him because of the status he has a pilot Good riddance

Do you honestly expect truths with"hard and fast" evidence of the existence of grays or bigfoot from a public bulletin board? Whatever is posted here regardless of who the poster is, it should, as always be taken with a grain of salt.

[edit on 7-9-2008 by Gateway]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Still here reading. If you want to know where I am or what I'm doing you can always u2u me. No need to send out a public search warrant.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join