It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I really miss John Lear

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gateway
reply to post by weedwhacker

I don't know why he was banned. There's a lot of ATS politics I guess, I don't see a reason why they should have banned him. They should re-instate him!!!!

[edit on 6-9-2008 by Gateway]

As far as I know, he's not been banned.

I for one am glad he's gone as he became more and more irrational with his arguments. Anyone who questioned his wild claims became an enemy who deserved his full wrath of dehumanizing insults.
I don't know what happened to the guy but we're better off without him.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gateway
I guess this place is filled with more Neoconservatives, Fascists, and authoritarians than you can shake at stick at!!

No room for dissent.

Testing. Second attempt...

It seems ATS won't allow what I have say about the whole thing to be posted. I wonder why..... I mean it's blatantly obvious to the most casual observer of ATS that it has authoritarian issues.

Oh, did I mention John Lear said he was booted for accusing ATS for being CIA?

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123

I for one am glad he's gone as he became more and more irrational with his arguments. Anyone who questioned his wild claims became an enemy who deserved his full wrath of dehumanizing insults.

Do you have any examples of his irrational and dehumanizing comments? A link?

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I still don't understand all the hoopla with this thread.
I wasn't here when he was here so I am indifferent to the man.
Forget about what happened.
The fact is:

He has an active membership here and chooses not to post.
That is HIS choice.
Whomever misses him, go to him, wherever he is.
What's the problem?
And why are bitching about it here?
Go to his website and ask him to come back if you want.
Or just go to his website and hang around there.
Not everything has to be in the same place.
What do you want ATS to do, send him an invitation?
Dear Lord, it's not like SO has kidnapped him, put in a pit, and keeping you away from him.

Missing readily available people. Brilliant!

[edit on 9/8/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by TrustMeIKnow

i've considered the possibility that this john thing is a war between super secret 3 letter agencies, each with their own data set, who don't know if the other data set is actually true or not (compartmentalization). each brings to the table their own agenda, what they want the future to look like, who will be on top and who the slaves will be. mix into that, the variables of disinfo, deliberately or otherwise, the position of the reader from the outset, and the ability of the mind viewing the data, to conceive of infinite possibilities.

technically speaking, infinite possibilty is the opposite of how science presents itself. it claims there are infinite possibilities but because it can't prove it, it demands you only believe in the possibility it is currently nurturing. afterall, chaos may be creative but it's also destructive. order in thought serves a purpose and that's fine, we are all given independent brains for the purpose of using them independently and in both a creative and orderly fashion. where we tend to agree, may or may not mirror reality, as peer pressure and pack behavior can effect that.

there's alot of variables involved with any discussion of john lear. i don't think you can make blanket statements, logically or fairly, but you have every right to do so!

Excellent assessment of the situation. In any event, John Lear is mind expanding. And, anyways, most geniuses aren't socially adept and polite. But I can put up with that as long as the information provided by the genius is interesting, entertaining, and perhaps truthful. (in that order of importance)

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
Dear Lord, it's not like SO has kidnapped him, put in a pit, and keeping you away from him.

Ummmm Hmmmm you know... maybe you are on to something there...

Why the fuss? No reason... just many that came here feel ATS is missing something since he left... and others of course well.... we won't count those

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   

More reason to praise John Lear! His contribution to the gene pool. Bravo!!

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by MacDonagh
I mean this is a conspiracy site about the discussion of alternative subjects but naval bases under the Nevada desert?
Better off without him.

Well you may dislike John but the Navy Base at Hawthorne Nevada is real

I suggest you take a moment and pick up the old thread here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I don't have a lot of time so I will just post this...

The PATCH of the Base

Remember...

DENY IGNORANCE

[edit on 6-9-2008 by zorgon]

I am. It's a Navel base where they decommission old equipment. The rest I read is anecdotal evidence more then anything else. Love the first page of that thread. The passive aggressive contentiousness makes me nostalgic.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
You can get it if you really want...

I think if you really wanted to talk to John Lear in discussion forums, it wouldnt be too hard to find him on the Internet.

I think if John Lear really wanted to come back here, it wouldnt be too hard to get back in.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Well this is amazing. Eight pages so far. Seems like the man had something if the mere mention of his name can bring this out, and the interesting thing is that some of his most prolific adversaries haven't even showed up yet.
I'll confess that I found this board several years ago when I googled for information on astronaut sightings and was linked to a Lear quote on ATS.
My guess is that there are many members, like myself, who lurked around for a long time before joining being somewhat scared to post for whatever reason. It was threads by JL and Sleeper and Zorgon that let me feel that it was OK to explore outside the box and I for one do miss him. With that I will close with the comment in the spirit of Mr. Lear by saying

"thank you for your contribution"....

PS. His sig..said a lot about him

"I seek only the truth. But let me make it perfectly clear how little I think I know:
1. All of my claims are only possibilities.
2. I could be completely misinformed. "

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matrix1111

Do you have any examples of his irrational and dehumanizing comments? A link?

I could probably find quite a few if the threads are still available. I saw most of the obnoxious behavior in 9/11 threads. I'm not really all that interested in reading through old thread after old thread looking for examples but I can tell you there were quite a few.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   

I could probably find quite a few if the threads are still available. I saw most of the obnoxious behavior in 9/11 threads. I'm not really all that interested in reading through old thread after old thread looking for examples but I can tell you there were quite a few.

I'll take your word for it. Maybe even look up some of his 9/11 stuff. (Holographic jets?)

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
John Lear is the reason why i look at this stuff. I remember back in the day i first heard the guy on coast to coast am he got me thinking.... What if the guy is telling the truth?

Peace out John i dont think what if any more

[edit on 10-9-2008 by wellsybelieves]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matrix1111

I'll take your word for it. Maybe even look up some of his 9/11 stuff. (Holographic jets?)

Yes as a matter of fact, that was one of the threads where I ran into him and his fantasies

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I miss the guy. He contributed well, while the naysayers contributed nothing at all.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Not going to post it ... but if anyone wishes to know where he hangs out these days just drop me a U2U

Trolls need not apply

Besides, you have Mike Singh now...

Have you seen his latest thread?

Amazing stuff

The Big NASA-Military Cover-up On Gravity And Atmosphere On The Moon!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The Torch has been passed

[edit on 11-9-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 03:21 AM
link   
nicely put Zorgon,
Clearly stated.

I am adding this little RiverDance so as to not be a one liner post....

TA DAH! *jazz hands*

EDIT to add....I went and had a serious look see at that thread Zorgon and I have to say...(serious sarcasm here)....those ideas proposed there sound NOTHING like anything John Lear ever said....(end of sarcasm)

[edit on 11-9-2008 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

You can bet your last shiny penny he is reading this!

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gools

There is a difference between a post ban and a permaban (or site ban).

He was post-banned while the drama event was unfolding.

Well that seems to explain things (why John Lear stopped posting).

He should have never been reprimanded at all. Not a ‘warn’, ‘post ban’ or even a peep of a protest. He is undeserving of any formal rebuke whatsoever. A man with his credentials and experience ought not be treated like some schoolboy. If ATS wants to attract persons of John’s caliber they have to be nice, extra nice.

If they can’t get no R-E-S-P-E-C-T (in the wonderful words of Rodney Dangerfield), the brightest and best are going to leave.

Greetings,
The Wizard In The Woods

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wizard_In_The_Woods
the brightest and best are going to leave.

Never fear...I'm still here!!

Heh.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join