It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I really miss John Lear

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by Gateway

Gateway, I would very much love to hear your opinions on Libitariansim.

And money policy, and such. I spelled 'Libertanism' very badly, apologis.

Please, go on...

No problem, but I think I would take a completely new thread. A primer would probably be covering Carl Menger and bohm bowerk finally Mises, and Rothbard...

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

If I KNOW what 'c'est la vie' means, because I know a little French....did I now go 'off topic' (I can't help it, I put a French accent behing every word...)

Well...est Biz du Board, n'est pas?

BUT, we speak in English, and hope everyone can conform.....right?

Funny....but it going to be the dominant language....of the future...hate to tell you blokes now....

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Please, go on...

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I would venture to guess that his entire opinion regarding the three topics that he brought up are actually intertwined.

Waxing intellectual, he is in a defensive posture because there have been interest in all angles...even ones unexpected.

Let's talk Liberterianism...start a new thread....REALly

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
reply to post by Gateway

You are being obtuse now...you know that one topic is not the requisite.

I was being sarcastic, since you posted the link of the thread I started regarding Clark C. McClelland. I don't know if your intent was to somehow make me look foolish on a "UFO" forum...but to each his own

And if you checked my post history, not my thread history...you would know I am up for all of the above. And you know that is not the point. C'est La Vie... Mod tags and all that...

Excellent so, I'll probably run into you more often.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Please, go on...

I would venture to guess that his entire opinion regarding the three topics that he brought up are actually intertwined.

Waxing intellectual, he is in a defensive posture because there have been interest in all angles...even ones unexpected.

Let's talk Liberterianism...start a new thread....REALly

Yes they are intertwined to be honest. If you wish to start a thread on Libertarianism be my guest. And uh, how is talking about a topic you feel passionate about a "defensive posture"? After all it was the "God" mods that wanted me to "drop" the JL topic, no?

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   

If I KNOW what 'c'est la vie' means, because I know a little French....did I now go 'off topic' (I can't help it, I put a French accent behing every word..

C'est La Vie="Such Is Life".

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gateway
Yes they are intertwined to be honest. If you wish to start a thread on Libertarianism be my guest. And uh, how is talking about a topic you feel passionate about a "defensive posture"? After all it was the "God" mods that wanted me to "drop" the JL topic, no?

Didn't know they had...thanks for confirming.

I won't start a thread on Libertarianism...I'm an independent and an athiest.

Thank you.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Hi WW. The split between ats and leer has been exhaustively explained by the trifecta.
It was a sit of ok we agree disagree. He publicly dogged ats weeks later.
It is my understanding that they still offer the olive branch.

I miss that sometimes old crusty fart too.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Didn't know they had...thanks for confirming.

I won't start a thread on Libertarianism...I'm an independent and an athiest.

Thank you.

No need to fear, Libertarianism excepts all creeds, colors, and religions, or lack there of; in fact you can say that we are the "True Rainbow Coalition" ...

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   

No need to fear, Libertarianism excepts all creeds, colors, and religions, or lack there of; in fact you can say that we are the "True Rainbow Coalition" ...

I fear not. I came upon the Desert,. of California on my own. ,;

Fate,: is an interesting ponderance, I am sure we can agree, though, the relevance is, as aways, relative.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Gateway

John put a post on the net...which had the correspondence between both Skeptic and himself. Cant get more to the facts then this.

Also, in the correspondence Skeptic made it clear it was o.k. for John to post this info between them. However seeing how there seems to be a grey area of posting links to other conspiracy sites...(though the site he posted it at, I believe the site owner is an active member here)...I will refrain from putting the link up.

In the end, two people saw things through the filters of their own perspective...usually how misunderstanding starts.

Yes, it was cool when John was here, even if you didnt agree with him...at least it was interesting stuff to ponder. But re-hashing the same story about his banning, etc. isnt going to get anyone anywhere. The fact is, from what member gools pointed out, is he is not banned now. (Which I did not realize...maybe he doesnt know it either.)

So now its up to John to find out and just come back and post I suppose.

Peace

dAlen

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   

I fear not. I came upon the Desert,. of California on my own. ,;

Fate,: is an interesting ponderance, I am sure we can agree, though, the relevance is, as aways, relative.

Sorry dude, not big on poetry nor proverbs...

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by dAlen

Perhaps you are correct...

Hopefully he'll come back.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Sorry dude, not big on poetry nor proverbs...

And rainbows are a valid symbology...

I'm done, JL..just letharjic, is what I always say at this time at night...

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

I'm sorry, I opened a Pandora's box....but, since it's BB....no, actually, I am not sorry!

I actually think this needs to be aired out, because not all active members know what transpired. I realize, it's old news to most....but it's like the adage.....history that doesn't repeat, bears repeating.......or old news needa a bear to stamp it to death....I can never remember how that is supposed to go....just call me a McCain...and I will toddle of into infinity.....

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I as I said, opened a Pandoras box.

Now....since this is Board Business...and I know there a few membes from GB...maybe a few from London....I want te be serious here, for a moment...

I'm taking my Mate to London, for his first time. I've been there, but never to LHR. No probs, can take the tube anywher, of course....but am looking at hotels. Any suggestions?

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Watch out:

Leviticus 6:29 says:

And there from the heavens came a vengeful "Mod" to smite thee....

Or Luke 3:23:

If thouest seekuths to continue to eat from thine forbidden fruit, ye shall be cast out into internet purgatory...

[edit on 6-9-2008 by Gateway]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Gateway

So we are? Mr. Lear was not banned, if he chooses to misrepresent it as a banning, well there's not a hell of alot we can do about that is there?

Along with Gools, I'm tired of the periodic accusations that swirl around this issue, egged on mostly by Lear himself.

How many times must the owners of this site explain themselves? To my mind, they've already wasted enough time on the issue...

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Mr Seagull.....please not count me in the swirling tide!

No....I just miss the vast differences....of discussion......think of my as a Mr. Monk.

I am almost that ADD. edit here....should read...Obsessive Compulsive Disorder...which is actally OCD

EDIT...and of course, I tease. BUT....even if I can't write, I can still sting.

Sarcasm is difficult, to write. Best to just stay nice...OK????

[edit on 9/6/0808 by weedwhacker]

EDIT to say...I tried to edit, and I mess up my words....so....please take what I write, with some salt. Thank you.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I don't miss John Lear. A lot of what he said was hogwash. A soul tower on the moon?

Sometimes he was interesting but I wouldn't bet a penny on what he said was true.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join