It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I really miss John Lear

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
If my days here are numbered, SO BE IT!!!

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Gateway

Wouldn't that be a kick in the ass?
Jet, LL, and Jam all CIA?

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Gateway

Please, explain to me and the entire ATS community reading this why he deserves that level of respect and "benefit of the doubt" when such reaction necessarily places ATS in a bad light...

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gateway
If my days here are numbered, SO BE IT!!!

Nobody's gonna hurt you.
I'd like to know the answer to gools question too.
This is all new information.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Gateway

Why? Are you here to hoax the community, incite flame wars, user offensive language, spam the boards or u2us, pepper the site with one-liners, or anything else against the Terms and Conditions of membership?

Have you read the Terms and Conditions?

Have you read the ATS Issues Thread, which is probably the easiest way to start looking into the John Lear thing here?

You can also go to sites mentioned in the long, rather funny video you posted, to get the other side of the story. I particularly liked how he had to pause to think of the names of the Three Amigos every time one came up
I mean, come on, he had his own forum here and didn't know SkepticOverlord's name? I've been here barely a month and know it.

I had never heard of John Lear before 8/25/2008 and I'm already sick to death of the name.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gools
reply to post by Gateway

Please, explain to me and the entire ATS community reading this why he deserves that level of respect and "benefit of the doubt" when such reaction necessarily places ATS in a bad light...

It's not about why ONLY HE, deserves respect, I would assume you give every member here a certain level of respect... No? Why would this man, say he's been give grief by your Mods if it were not the case? There are certainly many more bbs to posts, this is not the only place.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Nah, SD....I was just sayin'....it was kinda fun, back in the day.

Back when you were knee-high to a grasshoppers eye, as they used to say.

But, this is BB, and old BB at that. Captain Lear (notice I ALWAYS give him that honorific, because he deserves it) can come back, if he so chooses.

Wanted to say, I was NOT being sarcastic, in no way, no how. The man deserves respect, for his accomplishments.

Capt. John Lear is a bit older than I, but not by much. His father, and namesake is, of course, passed on (whatever THAT means...)

I still happen to think that as a 'Consipiracy Master' JL brought a lot of lively discussion to the table....even though I thought most of what he said was pretty far out there, it was fun to tangle with him.

I kinda miss those moments....

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
whoa easy there big fella.

edit by spiderj for manners and off topic baiting

[edit on 9/6/2008 by Spiderj]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

I kinda miss those moments....

Well that's all well and good for you to say.

But your melancholy has consequences...

gools is popping maalox and jack
members are acting like mods
careers are on the line..

Please tell us who or what else you miss...

Edit: and and now I think jetx... is CIA

[edit on 9/6/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Gateway

You implied that you were going to get kicked off the site. I asked whether you intended to take one of the actions that would get you kicked off the site.

It was not an accusation, it was a question.

A rhetorical question, and sarcastic, admittedly. But my point is, don't break the Terms and Conditions, and you won't get banned. If you don't know what the T&C are, go read them so that you know what behavior to avoid.

And the link to the ATS Issues thread was a courtesy. I ran into the John Lear issue after a couple weeks reading ATS and decided to look into it for myself. Did searches, read what had been posted by him and everyone else involved, then did some research off-site to make sure I wasn't missing anything by relying on ATS to get the story. I wasn't, but I recommend you do your own research.

EDIT: I do realize it's a legitimate question, but it has been answered over and over, and seems to get raised at least once a week. The mods and Amigos shouldn't have to respond individually every time a member decides it's their turn to ask.

[edit on 9/6/08 by americandingbat]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   

I would assume you give every member here a certain level of respect... No?

Of course. It's always been that way.

In fact since you are new member, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that your not just here to cause trouble.

Why would this man, say he's been give grief by your Mods if it were not the case?

Beats me.

Let your imagination run free

Why do people lie? Why do they make up claims on the internet and post videos of wild stories to get attention? Why do countries go to war? Why do politicians lie? Why does lint collect in my navel?

Beats me.

By the way, who is giving grief to whom in that video and his version of the story?

Again this whole sorry affair comes down to who you CHOOSE to believe and what criteria you personally determine are relevant to you. (you didn't really answer my question BTW)

If it's the John Lear version, well, you are more than welcome to your opinion but as I said above you will not win any friends here by whining (posting) about it.

I'm sure you understand.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Gools....I hope I didn't mis-read your post....if it was about JL?

I understand the angst that might be present, between Staff and JL.

However, I will always defend his accomplishments, as a fellow pilot. Yes, he and I have differed when it comes to aviation....but maybe that's only because we are limited, here, by the keyboard, and our ability to spell and punctuate.

I have over 20,000 hours flying....and several type-ratings....but I cannot hold a candle to what Captain John Lear has accomplished, in his lifetime.

Capt Lear is in the Guinness Book.

I am not.

He risked his life, possibly, to be in Guinness. I am a coward, by comparison.

So, I would bow down, shake his hand and buy him a drink (or a cigar, if I could afford it...and I know I can't) if I ever had the chance to meet him in person.

As to his other claims??? Welll....gotta buy him a drink or a cigar, and let him open up!

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Gools

Thank god the maalox and jack worked.
It doesn't always and gools runs around all day saying johnlear...

Edit: Man this Palin thing has got everyone on the brink...

[edit on 9/6/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Gools

I understand your frustration about the million questions asked about JL. But, I feel that this is a new member, and it seemed you came off as kind of harsh in the beginning. I'm pretty sure if we can take the wild claims and bashing each other in the political forums we can take to a members quest about posing a question about a former member, like it was asked the very first time.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

I implied that I might be kicked off for asking about certain taboo subjects, which is very plausible, given that this is a private bb and they can see fit who they want in and who they don't. Please see the MOD's ALL CAPS in the first page of this thread. I've researched the entire John Lear case, and it still does not add up?

There are questions still unanswered at least for me...that is until you hear what he has to say on the matter.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

EXACTLY!!!

Thank you...

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Gateway

I have looked into this issue internally and externally. There are two sides to the story. You just have to form your own opinion on who you want to believe. There are numerous external sites, but I am pretty sure I can't link to them.

But, to say believe ATS and not him, just raises the level of suspicion that much higher. You got think of it like this:

If I have a job at Wal-Mart as a manager and I want to keep that job, I am going to def. side with my manager or higher-ups and stay in tune with them.

Just take that above statement for what it's worth.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Thank you, I know exactly what you mean....

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I miss Lear...geez...

Let's talk to DesertFae and see how much she misses lear....

I swear, the second a moron who manipulates the masses and their thirst for 'inside' knowledge decides to forgo their responsibility to acknowledge their potential faults and associations is the second they need to peeve off.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   

I implied that I might be kicked off for asking about certain taboo subjects, which is very plausible, given that this is a private bb and they can see fit who they want in and who they don't.

You don't know us very well do you.

As for the all Caps it was more out of frustration and a response to an old member who should have known better than to pick at a scab.

Yes he's in the Guinness book and he was a hell of a pilot... BUT... the guy also believes there was no planes on 911, that there is a soul collector on the moon etc. and and whole bunch of other crazy whacked out crap (IMO) including accusation about ATS that are simply NOT true and we need to defend ourselves against constantly every time somebody comes along with only a part of the story and ready to believe his version and his version only.

Just because he was a great pilot does not make him an expert on everything under the sun, nor does it give him more credibility on all matters relating to ATS.

The need for so many to believe every word out of his mouth is actually quite frightening to me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join