It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So where is the flag pin on McCain?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Funny for a while all the Obama haters out there screamed about how un- patriotic Obama is for not wearing a flag pin on his lapel during the campaign.
Interesting though they are very silent now about that....hmmmm I wonder why? Could it be:

What do you know...no flag pin. Well I am in no way going to question McCains patriotism. I think he has proven that...but I do question the stupid childish games this election is showing.Funny little neocons

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Christ that flag pin thing with Obama was stupid. The no hand over the heart for the pledge was worthy of some scrutiny IMO but the no flag pin? I've always hated those flag pins. Gee, a building fell and a bunch of people are dead lets all put pins on our jackets. Geez.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I agree the whole thing was ridicules and childish. I simply wanted to point out the hypocrisy that goes on during this campaign. I know as an American citizen and voter....me personally I am sick and tired of all the hypocrisy and mud slinging.....not a fan of dirty politics.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
The flag pin thing was stupid. The hand over the heart thing though I found disrespectful. Just looking at that picture of Obama refusing to put his hand over his heart during the Pledge of Allegiance still irks me.

Though if you wanted to pursue any flag pin, hand over heart or any such iconic issues having to do with patriotism, the right could always counter with "Which candidate served in the military and which didn't?"

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Oh the Flagggg Pin!
That was just sooooo yesterday.

Ugh, how revoltingly stupid... Not your post mind you, lol, the *flag* thing.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Obama even went through all the trouble of designing his very own flag pin.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Bloody hell.

I've never heard such tripe in my life. If us Australians ever caught ourselves arguing over such petty things as "He didn't wear a flag-pin!" during an election we would put our heads in an oven and turn on the gas.

Grow up people. This is about your FUTURE here. A bloody flag-pin means stuff-all in the grand scheme of things.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

Maybe he is doing it as a symbolic way to distance himself further from Bush & Cheney.

Your thread kind of goes hand in hand with my thread from last October:
Barack, Don't Forget Your Nazi Party Pin...

Not two sides of the same coin, but both parts of a larger discussion.
DocMoreau

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
It's about change not a flag pin. America is crying for change the politicians ( some of them ) are crying for change. I could care less about the pin, the flag etc... I want change here in America and I'm wondering who will do that and how. It's long overdue to start drilling, it's time to change our education system, it's time to put Government in it's place, taxes need overhauled and the only way to due it is to put away our differences and be Americans. I'm still waiting on the debates before making my decision, but petty hypocrisy's needs to stop.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by CO Vet
Obama even went through all the trouble of designing his very own flag pin.

Bloody brilliant, in case no one else caught that.
Star for you.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

Funny for a while all the Obama haters out there screamed about how un- patriotic Obama is for not wearing a flag pin on his lapel during the campaign.

Obama was the one that brought attention to it, saying it was his way of being patriotic. Thats when people started calling him on it.

Anyway, McCain has done more than enough to prove his patriotism. No flag needed. He probably just forgot it, or maybe it fell off?

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Fifty Seven. That is funny.
Thanks for pointing that out, I missed it until you posted it.

[edit on 9/5/2008 by Solarskye]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Dronetek

I agree that he as more than proven his patriotism...just pointing out to all those that started calling Obama on the pin thing that the whole thing was stupid to begin with....it is just hypocritical. I hate all of this stuff on both sides we see.....The thing that made me really roll my eyes were all of the fake fainters during the beginning of the campaign on both sides.....it has become a circus.

[edit on 9/5/2008 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I'm from Denmark so perhaps I should keep quiet. However. I'm also part of the alliance forged between US, UK and Denmark. So I'll speak.

When one looks at McCain it is clear as day that he will die in office. I can't help thinking of Bela Lugosa when I see McCain. "The curse of the un-dead".

So the election comes down to this:
Do you want a gun toting ultra right winger or do you want a black guy in office?

Not easy is it.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

I gave you a star for the Obama flag pin....
I don't care where you are from that's damn funny.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
The flag pin is on his scars.

The flag pin is in his heart.

The flag pin is in his blood.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Mostly it would be nice to see all the posters on the threads about the stupid flag pins come on here and comment about it. Bunch of mindless hypocrites!

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Every time I hear the topic of flag pins mentioned, it always reminds me of the movie Office Space.

Is there a required amount of flare our candidates have to wear?

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Uh, it wasn't the pledge of allegiance. It was the star spangled banner. So, that just tells me it was passed onto you, and you are spinning it as truth.

Source Quote:

Democratic presidential contender Sen. Barack Obama is again facing questions about his patriotism from some conservative blogs -- this time for apparently failing to put his hand over his heart during a rendition of the national anthem at an Iowa campaign even

Article

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
The Republicans wear the ones with the cheap Chinese catches that keep breaking. Nothing more than a wardrobe malfunction.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join