It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin Did Not Sell That Jet On EBay

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by LiquidMirage

We ought to melt you people down and use you for windows. That’s how transparent you are!

ROFL!!! I love that quote!!

Thanks for the laugh.

Jemison

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiquidMirage

Originally posted by Leo Strauss

Palin does not seem to realize that people are going to check her facts now regardless if she is a cute and spunky right wing extremist!!

Ah, the musings of a left wing extremist…lie and attack, lie and attack, lie and attack!

The fact that the most down to Earth, next door neighbor, type to burst onto the national scene has been called a right-wing extremist is a lie at best! Cute and spunky are matters of less relevance but when anybody that isn't a freaking democrat is seen by the left as an extremist is it too late?

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gatordone

Palin does not seem to realize that people are going to check her facts now regardless if she is a cute and spunky right wing extremist!!

Ah, the musings of a left wing extremist…lie and attack, lie and attack, lie and attack!

The fact that the most down to Earth, next door neighbor, type to burst onto the national scene has been called a right-wing extremist is a lie at best! Cute and spunky are matters of less relevance but when anybody that isn't a freaking democrat is seen by the left as an extremist is it too late?

No intolerant religous extremist, religous fundamentalist or right wing nut or wingnut or bat# crazy are probably better expressions.
She believes a woman should not have a right to an abortion even in the cases of RAPE AND INCEST. Is that mainstream????
She thinks creationism should be taught in schools! Is that mainstream???
She BELIEVES the end is near and true BELIEVERS are going to float to the sky during the rapture and the rest of us are going to burn in hell. She is sure of the fact that if 144,000 jews can be converted to christianity jesus will return and the rest of the jews will burn for eternity! She believes in Noah's Ark, talking snakes and bushes you get the picture.

I guess you probably think those are mainstream views...well you would be very wrong. If Americans find out who she really is she will be history!

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Leo Strauss

Where are you from man? Hell yeah, I'd say christiantity is still main stream in America! The "progressive" movement isn't that far along yet.

There are plenty of MORAL reasons to abolish Roe vs Wade. The argument does not hinge on religion. Who give anyone the right to willfully destroy more innocent people? Bush or the Pro-choice group?

And you can keep all your "sky is falling" antichrist rhetoric too!

I wonder why so many of the posters on this board are considered lunatics by the rest of Americans?

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Gatordone

I believe you new found best friend would be a very good candidate for the anti-christ!

Hey gator do you have kids how about a daughter or a mother or sister. If some scumbag violently or savagely raped your loved one would you damn her to hell for having an abortion?? Would you want her to have the baby and raise the child?? Just curious. Now don't evade the question.

Would you want your daughter to have the baby?? Yes or No.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Nice try at derailment. My personal views about abortion have nothing to do with Palins great decision to get rid of that plane.

It doesn't matter that you have to reach for the most extreme sample of a topic you will lose someday...Governer Palin exhibits the kind of real world leadership long over due.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Sarah Palin Did Not Sell That Jet On EBay

www.radaronline.com

"I came to office promising major ethics reform to end the culture of self-dealing, and today that ethics reform is the law. While I was at it, I got rid of a few things in the Governor's Office that I didn't believe our citizens should have to pay for. That luxury jet was over the top. I put it on eBay," she said.

Of course, Palin never mentioned that though she did list the jet on eBay, she didn't sell it on eBay.

(visit the link for the full news article)

SNIP she said "I put it on ebay" she never said if it sold or not.

you guys are grasping at straws now, this is getting ridiculous..

Mod Edit:
let's watch the name calling

[edit on 5-9-2008 by Crakeur]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fathom
hey dummy, she said "I put it on ebay" she never said if it sold or not.

you guys are grasping at straws now, this is getting ridiculous..

So all you can bring to the table is name calling?

It certainly is wonderful to have such a refined contributor here on ATS!

Note: Edited to pare down quote.

[edit on 5-9-2008 by round_eyed_dog]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   

I think this belongs between you and the mods. Why would you post this into the thread?

[edit on 5-9-2008 by round_eyed_dog]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gatordone
Nice try at derailment. My personal views about abortion have nothing to do with Palins great decision to get rid of that plane.

It doesn't matter that you have to reach for the most extreme sample of a topic you will lose someday...Governer Palin exhibits the kind of real world leadership long over due.

You just can't answer the question can you.

Well I will tell you my answer. If my daughter were raped by some scumbag...NO I would NOT force her to have the baby. I would not let ANYONE tell her she is damned to hell for eternity if she chose to have an abortion.

Sarah Palin is a slippery character just like those smarmy mega church preachers. Her lie about Ebay is a small example.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   

A white lie perhaps but just more insight to what type of candidate we are dealing with in terms of ethics and manipulation.

It's not a white lie. It's not a lie at all. She put it on eBay, the buyer backed out, and she sold it to somebody else.

What this moronic thread does is give us more insight to the type of people who make up lies and post them online to denigrate a political candidate than anything to do with Sarah Palin.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Geeze, okay...Show of hands...

How many people ASSUMED that when she said she put it on ebay that it was also sold on ebay??? Be honest now.

Get my point? Lie by omission is still a lie. This is a typical ploy by shady politicians, both dems and pubs. You tell a lie by omission to make things seem one way and when you are caught, you say, "Hey, I never actually said it sold on ebay" and then turn around and say it's a "non-issue" anyway.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Some people might find this hard to believe, because it's from a Government website but, I thought I'd post it anyway.

gov.state.ak.us...

State of Alaska > Governor > News > News Archive

Westwind II Jet Sold to Valdez Businessman

07-183

Westwind II Jet Sold to Valdez Businessman

August 24, 2007, Juneau, Alaska – Governor Sarah Palin today announced the sale of the state’s Westwind II jet. The aircraft was sold to Valdez businessman Larry Reynolds for $2,100,000. Several attempts to sell the jet on eBay were unsuccessful.

gov.state.ak.us...
“From the beginning of my administration, no state agencies have ever used or requested use of the jet,” said Governor Palin. “If the Department of Public Safety decides at a future date that it needs another aircraft, we will invest in something more sensible that can land on Alaska’s rural airstrips. Any purchase, if deemed necessary, will go through the normal legislative budget process.”

The jet is currently parked in a hangar in Anchorage. Reynolds is expected to take custody of the aircraft this week.

The jet was purchased for $2,692,600 in November 2005 by the Murkowski administration. Since then, the state has been paying it off at a rate of $62,492.79 per quarter. Governor Palin has never used the jet.

[edit on 5-9-2008 by 4x4fun]

Mod Note: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 5-9-2008 by Jbird]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Isn't it a non-issue? I mean really? This thread is now on two pages. Politicians lie by omission a lot. They lie when asked a question they are legally obliged not to give an answer to. So Sarah Palin may have kinda, sorta, maybe lied by omission about something that was mentioned for the humourous effect it would have. It really doesn't matter.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Look I never said it was a lie of monumental importance.

I said it was an example or sample of the type of character we should expect from Sarah Palin. She wanted to appear to be homespun and folksy. So in a very media savvy calculation she ommitted information to achieve that effect and it worked until someone checked the facts.

Recently I found another article in the LA progressive that I believe will grow in importance over the coming days.

Here is the link!

“So Sambo beat the bitch!”

This is how Republican Vice Presidential nominee Sarah Palin described Barack Obama’s win over Hillary Clinton to political colleagues in a restaurant a few days after Obama locked up the Democratic Party presidential nomination.

According to Lucille, the waitress serving her table at the time and who asked that her last name not be used, Gov. Palin was eating lunch with five or six people when the subject of the Democrat’s primary battle came up. The governor, seemingly not caring that people at nearby tables would likely hear her, uttered the slur and then laughed loudly as her meal mates joined in appreciatively.

“It was kind of disgusting,” Lucille, who is part Aboriginal, said in a phone interview after admitting that she is frightened of being discovered telling folks in the “lower 48” about life near the North Pole.

Granted the story has not been independently verified but we are just at the start of getting to know Sarah Palin.

[edit on 5-9-2008 by Leo Strauss]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   

She wanted to appear to be homespun and folksy. So in a very media savvy calculation she ommitted information to achieve that effect and it worked until someone checked the facts.

I'm not being smart but isn't that what they all do? All of the candidates are using words and their personal history to achieve the perception they are aiming for. We don't get the full picture, we get the carefully edited soundbites placed out there to portray themselves as specifically as is possible. Canvassing, politics and the manipulation of the English language is an art in itself. It's art on a stage with an adoring crowd, admirers of the technique.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Yossarian

I have no idea what your politics are but unlike my conservative counter parts I can say things like... Yes you are correct all politicians of all stripes lie...Sarah Palin included! You might be surprised how much I would agree with you!

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Look I never said it was a lie of monumental importance.

Leo, it wasn't a lie of any sort.

She put the jet on eBay. The point she was making is she got rid of the governor's private jet when she took office.

She should be commended to doing this no matter what her party rather than having dolts on the internet accuse her of lying because the eBay buyer backed out and somebody else bought the plane.

The point was she DID put the jet on eBay, and it was a cool thing for a governor to do instead of flying in a private jet on the taxpayer's tab.

And the story about the waitress is even more useless than the jet story.

Want to see how?

Check this out...

Obama was in Pittsburgh yesterday for a private fund-raiser at the William Penn Hotel. Google it, you'll see it's true. I talked to a maid there that said she saw Obama talking about that "whitey b**ch Palin while he was smoking crack. Honest. The maid's name was Hillary. This is going to be a big story.

...NOT

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join