It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin Did Not Sell That Jet On EBay

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Rasputin13

So glad to have you explain lying! Your avatar tricky dick was the master of lying. Did you take a course?

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Rasputin13

No, an ACTUAL lie would be McCain, on that video, claiming "*She sold it on ebay*".

Go to www.youtube.com... and listen until :30.

Discussion over.

[edit on 6-9-2008 by Jay-in-AR]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   

No, an ACTUAL lie would be McCain, on that video, claiming "*She sold it on ebay*".

I'm sure that McCain wasn't aware of the fact that while it was listed on ebay, it didn't sell on ebay. He isn't much of an Internet person (to say the least!) so he might not be aware that putting something on ebay does not mean that it was sold on e-bay.

Hopefully Palin set the record straight for McCain and he won't make that same mistake.

McCain is not a decieptful man and would not intentionally 'lie'. The Republicans weren't thrilled about him being the nominee BECAUSE of his honesty and straight-forwardness and his inability to just go along with the party when he felt that they were wrong.

Jemison

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
What McCain said was a lie - period. The entire premise of this thread has swirled around a supposed half-truth that Palin had made.

She didn't lie - at all. McCain did. On her behalf.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
It's funny how if a politician tells a half truth or lie they get away with it but if a friend or family member does it they would be taken to task.

She implied/inferred she was savvy and got rid of it on Ebay. That was wrong of her to do. Just because you favor McCain does not make it ok.

I was speaking to a conservative friend of mine yesterday and he said she sold it on Ebay but got mad when I corrected him. He felt upset at me for bringing this to his attention but then later felt duped by Palin.

I thought to myself... that's a man of honor!

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Massgirl

She implied/inferred she was savvy and got rid of it on Ebay. That was wrong of her to do.

Implied means she tried to make you think something. Inferred means you gave it a meaning.

Palin stated a fact. She put the jet on eBay. This is true. Now if she would have pulled the auction and still used the jet that would be wrong.

The fact that the sale eventually took place outside of eBay does nothing to detract from her original point of getting rid of a wasteful jet that the Governor didn't need.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
The fact the my friend thought she SOLD the jet it on Ebay says she did imply and infer. She did say she placed it on Ebay but left the rest to hang out there for interpretation.

That is not right. If your child did that you would not be happy.

such spin..... it's so pathetic

whether you're for or against a candidate to spin what they have said when you know it was left open ended is sad.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join