It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2000 Election Repeat. What Would Happen?...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Let's speculate for a moment. Let's pretend there is a repeat of the 2000 election this year.

Kerry and Bush are neck to neck and a more subtle version of the 2000 election blunder occurs once again in Florida or in a state where electronic voting was dominant.

What do you think would be the repercussions? What would this do to our election system? What would be the outcome after all is said and done?

Thanks in advance...

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Honestly, Bush would win.
It would come to the supreme court again and they would vote for Bush.

You have to consider such events such as Scalia saying his friendship with Cheney is okay and he can still sit in judgement of his actions in the Energy scandal.

We have a major issue with conservative leadership in our high courts aligning themselves directly to this administration, that will not change.

Now the big question, how will Americans respond? The answer, what can we do? These justices are appointed essentially for life and there is no real recourse we can take if we disagree with their rulings.

Short of a coup which I don't believe would ever happen we will just have to live with it. I believe we will see a very similar event. Polls show it close now, and short of one of them messing up in a BIG way, we will be sitting days after the election wondering who one.

And the effect on our election system will be minor. Americans for the most part are very appathetic and I can't see a real demand for change, at least not a demand with the population numbers behind it.

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 01:06 AM
link   
plus Jeb Bush would fix it once again for Georgie.....

Who says the skull and Bones have no relevance?
I think we just have the oppurtunity to pick between the lesser of two evils

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 07:31 AM
link   
If it comes down to Florida, Bush is winning again. You can count on it, Jeb is going to keep it in the family.....

2008 or 2012 Jeb will be running?

[Edited on 22-3-2004 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 08:17 AM
link   
It wasn't Jebby's fault for the 2000 election flub. I would say you should point your finger at the supreme court and who appointed those guys to it.

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 08:19 AM
link   
i would hate to see another election fiasco. But if it happened, Bush would get office, and the country will become more divided...didn't someone predict civil war or something like that...who knows..that could be a reality if it happened.

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 08:37 AM
link   
What happened in 2000 will not happen again. The ballot fiasco happened for a reason: Bush was elected.
Another, bigger reason was to unify the ballots across the country.
With automated ballots, the election will be much easier to control. And we will never really know if they manipulate the numbers of not.
I believe the president is selected, not elected. And it's always been that way.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 02:24 AM
link   
If the ballot fiasco happened for a reason, why did Gore win the Popular vote? before I get flamed, this is in my roommates latest Political Science Textbook, says Gore one the popular vote and Bush somewho won the Electorial Vote...

Now don't get me wrong, but I think there was something fishy in Florida, with Black men and women turned away from voting for being felons. When the BBC investigated it, they found something like 100s of African Americans who were wrongly accused, now doesnt that warrant further American Media Coverage?

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
What happened in 2000 will not happen again. The ballot fiasco happened for a reason: Bush was elected.
Another, bigger reason was to unify the ballots across the country.
With automated ballots, the election will be much easier to control. And we will never really know if they manipulate the numbers of not.
I believe the president is selected, not elected. And it's always been that way.

Actually, Tread I believe it will be a repeat again. Bush and Kerry are in a dead heat as far as Fox News polls are concerned.

www.foxnews.com...

Bush: 44%
Kerry: 44%

I have a feeling we're going to see exactly the same things as the last election unless something dramatically changes.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by slugfast
I think we just have the oppurtunity to pick between the lesser of two evils

Or, the evil of two lessers.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmulder

Actually, Tread I believe it will be a repeat again. Bush and Kerry are in a dead heat as far as Fox News polls are concerned.
www.foxnews.com...
I have a feeling we're going to see exactly the same things as the last election unless something dramatically changes.
So, depending upon who THEY want as president, the new ballots can be manipulated to pick THEIR winner.
You gotta give the Founding Fathers credit here for coming up with a system that still gives the results they wanted, even if the popular vote doesn't agree with the Electoral vote. I never could figure why such a convoluted method was used.
Now, we know.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe

www.foxnews.com...

So, depending upon who THEY want as president, the new ballots can be manipulated to pick THEIR winner.
You gotta give the Founding Fathers credit here for coming up with a system that still gives the results they wanted, even if the popular vote doesn't agree with the Electoral vote. I never could figure why such a convoluted method was used.
Now, we know.

Oh, I agree we should give them credit. It's just if, and I believe this will happen, the election is as close as it was last year I believe it won't be the votes who decides but someone or some group of people working inside the government who decideds who the next President will be.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Oh, I agree we should give them credit. It's just if, and I believe this will happen, the election is as close as it was last year I believe it won't be the votes who decides but someone or some group of people working inside the government who decideds who the next President will be.

And that's where the new, unified type of voting machines come in...no one will be able to prvoe anything. The chads did their job!!

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   
you can always count on elderly people in florida to mess up thier voting cards cause it's sooo complicated.

and they'll be "outside crying cause they accidently voted for buchanon."

lmao

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   
We would see an outbreak of civil war just like our favorite time traveler spoke about.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thorfinn Skullsplitter
Let's speculate for a moment. Let's pretend there is a repeat of the 2000 election this year.

Kerry and Bush are neck to neck and a more subtle version of the 2000 election blunder occurs once again in Florida or in a state where electronic voting was dominant.

What do you think would be the repercussions? What would this do to our election system? What would be the outcome after all is said and done?

Thanks in advance...

There will be no obvious blunder in electronic voting, since there is no paper trail, or any way to tell if there is a discrepancy. Good system, eh?

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   
The fact that the mess that was the 2000 election occured in Florida should have been reason enough to launch a MAJOR investigation into Bush's family, namely Jeb. I guess democracy isn't important enough.

If it happens again, say in Florida or an electronic voting dominated state, how obvious can it possibly get before people start asking questions?

Still think your vote means a damn thing?...

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Bush Campaign Ads

Watch these adds and let me know what you think.

My thoughts? Well, lemmie see. Since the national budget deficit is going up about 100-125 billion yearly thanks to Bush, and thanks to this miracle called, "A jobless recovery" (is that even possible?) how can this deficit be erased unless taxes are raised?

And for the second ad. I find it funny how he says they are going to give people the tools they need for jobs (while the economy is having a jobles recovery, Bush thinks Taco Bell is a manufacturing job) but they have cut funding to social service programs.

Anyone else smell the HUGE, heaping pile of BS coming from these two ads?...

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thorfinn Skullsplitter
Anyone else smell the HUGE, heaping pile of BS coming from these two ads?...

Perhaps that is where all of the missing fertilizer has gone to.

top topics

join