It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All these Mars/Moon images......

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I have read a number of threads recently relating to various images of the Moon and Mars.

I sincerely doubt that any the images viewable by the public would contain anything alien or man made.

Surely these images are screened and analysed by the respective agencies and such information would be held at the highest security level. Nobody in the position that these people are in would be the type of person who would miss the smallest alien invasion base or passing grey. They also wouldn't be the type to sell the information or smuggle it to a media agency because "the people have the right to know". These people are scientists and understand the importance of such a discovery, and how the mass populous might not take the news too well. They are employees too, with jobs and bills just like the rest of us, who have worked really hard to get where they are (these are the Mars and Moon missions after all) and wouldn't want to lose it all.

Plus there is the fact that if they did, they would be killed. Maybe.

The only way images like these would appear on the web would be if the were stolen, electronically or the good old fashioned stick up. Even then the powers that be would stop at nothing to retrieve them and I don't think it would take too long.

I understand disinformation and it's mechanics, so I agree they could be covered up that way should they leak, but come on, would ATS really the best place to deploy such tactics?

Just a thought and would love to be wrong and the discovery to be made by one of us here at ATS, but I doubt it.

Just wanted people's opinions really.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
You get a star from me for this post. I however, believe that there is nothing there and NASA is not hiding anything - moon or mars. The conspiracy part of this for me, just doesn't add up. If NASA saw something that proved life elsewhere, their budget would go through the roof - by demand of the people. And budget is something NASA loves!
That is just my opinion anyways.
Thanks,
Vance

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Sendran

Well, now wait a minute...

Surely these images are screened and analysed by the respective agencies and such information would be held at the highest security level. Nobody in the position that these people are in would be the type of person who would miss the smallest alien invasion base or passing grey.

You then go on to say:

They are employees too, with jobs and bills just like the rest of us, who have worked really hard to get where they are

Then:

The only way images like these would appear on the web would be if the were stolen, electronically or the good old fashioned stick up.

So, there is no chance that out of hundreds of thousands of pictures a few containing potential evidence can get by people that have the same stresses and responsibilities as the rest of us? Even the programs used to sanitize these pictures are not infallible...

Not too mention that a persons "morale compass" can point North at any given time...so there are a few variables here that might contradict what you have stated.

You give too much credit to the PTB and their MO...

[edit on 9/4/2008 by chapter29]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by vance

Cheers for the post Vance.

Either Mars or the Moon would be a good site for a base should you wish to invade our fair planet though. I'd like to think we were being watched by some teenage greys during their Intergalactic History 101 class rather than evil conquering beings.

And about the budget, they might get it already, we'd never know. That's the type of thing they'd print the money for.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
It's true that considering all the "obvious" anomalous artifacts and undeniable proof found in the NASA, JPL, ESA, etc., space images by folks here and elsewhere, we can only draw two conclusions:

1) NASA and other space agencies are evil geniuses, vigorously trying to cover up the fact that aliens and/or their artifacts can be found on practically every object in the Solar System, and:

2) They're doing the absolutely worst job covering this up... ever!

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Thanks for the post Chapter29.

You make a good point there. They could get a moral swing I suppose, but how do you think they would be able to get it out?

[edit on 4-9-2008 by Sendran]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

Thanks for the post.

Don't get me wrong, I love the images, that's why I look at the threads, I am no debunker. I look for the one. I just don't think these things would get out. The images have arguments both ways, bases, rocks.

Bases and artefacts in our system makes sense, we would be very interesting to other races and I believe that we are being visited etc. I just don't think the information would be leaked.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Perhaps it is THIS

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Cheers for the post and the link.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I am not adverse to the idea that we might find something among some of the images, but the finds I think we are likely to find are not what many are looking for. The revelations we are going to find are more in line with Yes there is oxygen the atmosphere on mars and yes it has active geological anomalies.
I do not believe that we will find skulls, fossils or ships on mars. I think what is happening is that people are looking so hard for something that they are drawing incorrect conclusions to tricks of light and other optical illusions.

The human mind tries to find familiar shapes in any patterned surface. It is natural.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by vance
I however, believe that there is nothing there and NASA is not hiding anything - moon or mars.
Vance

You really think NASA and friends don't lie and don't filter information?
Obviously NASA doesn't give the public all their information.

We don't even know a 1/3 of the technologies and information they have.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup
It's true that considering all the "obvious" anomalous artifacts and undeniable proof found in the NASA, JPL, ESA, etc., space images by folks here and elsewhere, we can only draw two conclusions:

1) NASA and other space agencies are evil geniuses, vigorously trying to cover up the fact that aliens and/or their artifacts can be found on practically every object in the Solar System, and:

2) They're doing the absolutely worst job covering this up... ever!

1) Yes they are hiding tons of images.

2) Finding anomalies is not that easy, it takes work, especially the good ones.

Apollo Mission Photography
The Apollo Lunar image collection consists of the following.

Hasselblad handheld photography - color and b/w - common to all missions
Apollo 8: 860 photos, fewer than 30 are digitized faithfully.
Apollo 10: 1319 photos, fewer than 40.
Apollo 11: 1403 photos, fewer than 60.
Apollo 12: 1585 photos, fewer than 40.
Apollo 13: 585 photos, fewer than 20
Apollo 14: 1273 photos, fewer than 40.
Apollo 15: 2524 photos, fewer than 90.
Apollo 16: 2851 photos, fewer than 50.
Apollo 17: 3606 photos, fewer than 80.
~Out of the 16006 Hasselblad photos, fewer than 450 are digitized faithfully~

Metric and Panoramic photography - common only to Apollo 15, 16, and 17 -
Apollo 15: Metric: 2546 photos, fewer than 30 are digitized faithfully Panoramic: 1531 photos, fewer than 50. (**)
Apollo 16: Metric: 1938 photos, fewer than 30. Panoramic: 1596 photos, fewer than 30. (**)
Apollo 17: Metric: 1938 photos, fewer than 30. Panoramic: 1529 photos, fewer than 30. (**)
(** due to total size of the Pan images, most of these are sectional crops from the larger parent photos)
~Out of the 11078 Metric and Panoramic photos, fewer than 200 are digitized faithfully~

Of the 27084 total mission photographs, fewer than 650 are digitized faithfully.

Source:

www.keithlaney.net...

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by buds84

Originally posted by vance
I however, believe that there is nothing there and NASA is not hiding anything - moon or mars.
Vance

You really think NASA and friends don't lie and don't filter information?
Obviously NASA doesn't give the public all their information.

We don't even know a 1/3 of the technologies and information they have.

Could you name your source on this information? Who says we only know 1/3 of their technology? I don't doubt there are top secret technologies but 2/3 of it being unknown is a big stretch IMO.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I personally think that if we ever find evidence of an advanced alien civilization, if they exist at all, it will be years from now (2183), and will be in the form of a time-smeared radio carrier wave coming from a star 100,000 light years away or more. There will be no signal on the carrier, or at least nothing we can decipher or make any sense of. We'll be too far away to communicate, and wouldn't know how to do it even if we could.

So it'll be a mixed blessing for those people alive at that time. On one hand, they'll finally know that humanity is not alone in the universe. On the other hand, they'll feel even more isolated, since there will be no way to communicate with this other intelligence.

It won't be because their Mark IV interstellar cruiser ran out of gas on Mars and we happen to spot it with one of our half dozen cameras taking random pictures of stuff that NASA or the ESA does a bad job of hiding from us.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

So, nothing is to be said of the technology we might posses in - 2183

If we don't have some type of formal disclosure by then, it's probably because organized religion never went away and grew stronger....what a sad thought (either one - pick).

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I think that if we found any alien being on mars, they wold hide them from the public.

Not everyone would like it and it may cause people to panic. It would also destroy alot of religion.

Not all public are ready for life from other planets.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Biscuit

Phil Schneider said we could be about 1000 years behind where they really are at with regard to black project technology, and the figure grows exponentially all the time. That was said back in 1995/6, you can check it out on Google Video, his lectures are all up there for viewing.

And we all know what happened to him. Murdered for daring to reveal the truth.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Sendran

NASA= GOVERNMENT

They're supposed to tell you everything if they deal with the Greys?

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by keops

Exactly. They wouldn't.

Liked your avatar pic.

[edit on 6-9-2008 by Sendran]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Yes, I agree with the OP. Some pictures are even linked to its official NASA page.
But this may even be their strategy: throw in a few pics of odd rocks, or whatever, and let them go crazy. So the whole strange-anomalies-on-other-planets gets discredited even more by people who could make a more serious investigation.

If this is the case, they're doing a hell of a job.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join