Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Hello im Randall Flagg

page: 1
0
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
And im the walking man,actually im the walking woman and I am an exile from another forum that will not be mentioned.I heard through the moonbat grapevine that this was the place to be for intelligent conversation and debate so here I am.




posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Hello Randall,

Welcome to ATS!
I hope you enjoy our community and learn something.

Maybe we can learn from you too!



posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
oh... my.. god.

Please, dont tell me this is the same RF that mentions moonbats from a place that rhymes with "the groomery."

(if not, welcome! actually, welcome regardless)

[edit on 4-9-2008 by scientist]



posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Awesome.. My favourite book AND mini-series.

M-O-O-N spells moon.
Welcome.



posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Thank you all for the nice welcome,im looking forward to conversing with you all.



posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
whats up with your avatar? What is that a bird?



posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by 38181
whats up with your avatar? What is that a bird?
Yes it was a simple raven eating a gummy worm,but it has been tweaked to fit my needs.



posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Randall Flagg

Originally posted by 38181
whats up with your avatar? What is that a bird?
Yes it was a simple raven eating a gummy worm,but it has been tweaked to fit my needs.


I like Ravens, they are very smart. One day I'm going to have one as a pet.



posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
M.O.O.N that spells welcome to ATS. You scare me a little though lol. P.S. do not send trashy for the nuke.
The walking man also has no fingerprints.

[edit on 9/4/2008 by jpm1602]



posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.


My favorite novel of all time - the unedited version of course! I have to disagree with the mini series though. As compared to the book I thought the mini series was a hack. The role of Stu was the only one I thought worked. Harold? Are you kidding? There is so much that could have been done with that character.
The Walking Dude. Great character - welcome aboard Randall! We can talk The Stand anytime!




As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.



posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I know lombozo, but how can you put any SK novel to reel? The best read of my life that kept me up way to late for a number of days. Chilling. Better than the Iliad, most of Steibeck and Hemingway combined.

Molly the red head always did something for me though in the flick.


[edit on 9/4/2008 by jpm1602]



posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Welcome Flagg...I really do not post much on ATS...just read alot but, I will see you around...have fun! D



posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by lombozo

My favorite novel of all time - the unedited version of course! I have to disagree with the mini series though. As compared to the book I thought the mini series was a hack. The role of Stu was the only one I thought worked. Harold? Are you kidding? There is so much that could have been done with that character.
The Walking Dude. Great character - welcome aboard Randall! We can talk The Stand anytime!


They did slay the mini series didn't they? The novel is really the only way to truly grasp the story.I own the hardback edition which weighs in at 18lbs so that shows im willing to suffer a bit for a good read.



posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.





Originally posted by Randall Flagg
And im the walking man,actually im the walking woman and I am an exile from another forum that will not be mentioned.I heard through the moonbat grapevine that this was the place to be for intelligent conversation and debate so here I am.


As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.


You hear correctly. This is the best forum on the planet. Great to have you onboard! If there is anything which you need, or anything I can do to help you, all you need to do is contact me, or any other staff member for that matter.
Welcome to ATS!
lombozo



posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by lombozo

You hear correctly. This is the best forum on the planet. Great to have you onboard! If there is anything which you need, or anything I can do to help you, all you need to do is contact me, or any other staff member for that matter.
Welcome to ATS!
lombozo
Thank you kindly lombozo.Just looking what bit I have im impressed,everything is so organized and informative and the discussions are dare I say it,civil.Coming from a person who came here to gather knowledge and discuss ideas this is indeed a refreshing change from the norm.



posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
amen to the Stand being one hell of a read but there have been some King works that translated to celluloid extremely well.

Green Mile
Shawshank Redemption
Stand By Me (called The Body in written form)
Cujo
The Dead Zone
Misery
Apt Pupil
Carrie
Most of these films were not as good as the book but a few did hit the high water mark.



posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
How on earth could you leave out The Shining?
It certaily beats Cujo! At least you didn't put 'Thinner' and 'Christine' in there!
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.





Originally posted by Crakeur
amen to the Stand being one hell of a read but there have been some King works that translated to celluloid extremely well.

Green Mile
Shawshank Redemption
Stand By Me (called The Body in written form)
Cujo
The Dead Zone
Misery
Apt Pupil
Carrie
Most of these films were not as good as the book but a few did hit the high water mark.



As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.


[edit on 4-9-2008 by lombozo]



posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Absolutely correct Crankeur. The green mile stands up as one of the best recreation of text. I stand corrected. I will never watch the movie until I have read the book. And RF, if you could put up with an 18 lb hardback laying on your stomach into the deep of night.....I think you are our kind of pepe.



posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by lombozo
 


the first film wasn't true to the book. it was good but the ending was very different. the tv movie remake wasn't that good. I thought the tv movie for It was pretty good.



posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur
 


I agree. IT was not bad. I know I'll never make a paper boat and float it down a drain........ Pennywise still scares the heck out of me!
I still agree with the OP that Randall Flagg was a great character. Ever read the unedited version? There is a character called 'The Kid'. He messed with Trashcan Man. He was a great addition.

[edit on 4-9-2008 by lombozo]





new topics

top topics



 
0
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join