It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello im Randall Flagg

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by lombozo

I've read the book a dozen times, original and unedited versions. It's one of the King books I've read and reread whenever I can't find something good to read. I will say this, living in NYC, my flesh crawls whenever I drive thru a tunnel to exit the city.

sorry to derail the intro thread. Ms. Flagg, my apologies.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Oh God! Crankeur! That was one of the creepiest parts of the read! My flesh was crawling as well. King kind of prides himself on his creepiness though lol. Walt Chamberlain played that rover part to a T on the mini.

Captain Tripps, you want some chicken?

[edit on 9/4/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Welcome!!!!
As an S.K. fan myself I like the fact that he uses the same characters in different books. Like the fact that R.F. appears in no less than 3 of his stories. Awesome.! And again, Welcome!!

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

How could "The Gunslinger" series not be on that list man?!!! Did you know that R.F. appears in that series also? As the Gunslingers' arch nemesis even. Crazy, I dont know how S.K. does it, I could not keep track.
R.F. is a recurring theme it would seem, The Stand, The Eyes Of the Dragon, and The Gunslinger series. Crazy!!!!

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by spookjr

Yep. I agree with you.
Nobody mentioned Fire Starter. Another great novel, and not a bad movie at all.
Pet Semetary creeped me out - when the little kid said "I want to play with you" - YIKES!
Hearts in Atlantis was allright.
Kudos to Crakeur for the Shawshank mention. Many aren't aware of the Rita Hayworth story from the novel 'Different Seasons'. (Great book by the way. It's the same novel of 4 stories where Apt Pupil, and the story 'The Body' - called Stand By Me in Movie form came from.)
If I was able to pick 3 people to sit and talk with on a cool crisp Halloween evening, he would be #1.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by spookjr

I wasn't aware of a gunslinger movie.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS RF glad to see another SF fan but i have always wondered what kind of stories he reads to his kids when they were little and how traumatized they must be as adults i mean think about reading cujo or Christine to your 6 year old wow what a creep out. lol

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
IT..
It really faded at the end..It seemed like they just used up all their inspiration in the first part.

So glad Tim Curry didn't burst into song..

"They all float down here..when you're down here, you'll float too.."
Bwahahaha!!

Laura San Giacomo was the reason I liked the STAND TV-mini/series/movie/thingy.
Bad girls rock.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Lol does my heart good to see my choice of user names has sparked such a delightful conversation.Good to see so many other King fans makes a person feel comfortable around here.I do wonder though how many of you play where's Waldo with Mr.King in his movies like I do? Im just not satisfied until I find him.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Randall Flagg

Yeah I used to do that with Alfred Hitchcock too..who was a lot easier to spot.

Thinner has got to be another favourite of mine.Wow..what a diet.

I don't know what inspired to you pick the name you did.Here's a question.
If the world was obliterated by plague and split into good and evil camps..which would you pick.?

Just a bit of fun.

[edit on 4-9-2008 by AGENT_T]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
i started the gunslinger series and it was great, then it got really really drawn out and i lost interest, i'm going to have to go back to it now.

agent t, i'ld probably be in the nice guy in the bad camp, or i could be the bad guy in the good camp, i never mix well.

welcome to ats rf.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Welcome Randall Flagg.

I always assumed that King included Randall into ‘The long walk’ which he wrote as Richard Bachman.
Randall was the dark figure who appeared at the end of the walk. That’s my opinion anyway.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Flag was also in Eyes of the Dragon (as I see now someone already pointed out)...I love the Stand, It and the Shining but if anyone ever wishes to check out Stephen King's fantasy writing skills, Eyes of the Dragon is excellent.

Welcome to ATS R.F.

Pleased to meet you, hope you guessed my name

Edit to add: Jibbs....The Long Walk was an action packed story. I dont believe any book has ever held my attention so intensely before or after

[edit on 9/4/08 by BlackOps719]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by lombozo

My favorite novel of all time - the unedited version of course! I have to disagree with the mini series though. As compared to the book I thought the mini series was a hack. The role of Stu was the only one I thought worked. Harold? Are you kidding? There is so much that could have been done with that character.
The Walking Dude. Great character - welcome aboard Randall! We can talk The Stand anytime!

I must agree. One of my favorites. However, I love it even better how King tied Flag into the Dark Tower series which, as he puts it, is the crux of everything he ever wrote. That is one of the best series after you can trudge through the Gunslinger.

Welcome to you RF. Hope you are willing to bring true intelligent conversation to this conspiracy site and not be a hack that will simply try to deflect everything presented.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by AGENT_T

The evil camp without a doubt with plague,doom,and destruction about what fun would good be? Besides iv'e been good for 30 plus years if plague breaks out iim treating myself to some good old fashioned hedonism.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Hey,since this is the Stephen King appreciation thread I don't mind admitting I enjoyed 'The Talisman' too.
A little away from my usual taste..sentimental and fantasy type..But VERY involved..and guess what..
New mini series for 2009.. I REALLY hope they don't mess it up.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by dariousg

Goodness no im no hack,that is what I came here to escape.I didn't bring any in stuck to my shoes did I?

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Randall Flagg what fun would good be?

Great answer..
Sitting around basket weaving and watering pot-plants with old mother Abigail not your thing then?

I've done the debauchery scene so I reckon I'm due for a spot of crocheting in an old rocking chair while chewing ears of corn.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by spookjr
reply to post by Crakeur

How could "The Gunslinger" series not be on that list man?!!! Did you know that R.F. appears in that series also? As the Gunslingers' arch nemesis even. Crazy, I dont know how S.K. does it, I could not keep track.
R.F. is a recurring theme it would seem, The Stand, The Eyes Of the Dragon, and The Gunslinger series. Crazy!!!!

There is a very real reason for this. RF, IT (which was RF in it's real form), the alien in Dreamcatcher (related to the ancient creature that was IT and RF), can almost be found in all of his books.

RF sure picked one heck of an alias.

Truly though, if you all want to understand the books that King wrote, you must read the Dark Tower series. It gets MUCH better after book 3. I believe that there are only two books that has nothing to do with the Dark Tower in one way or another that he has ever written.

He even goes so far as to include Harry Potter into the mix in the last two.

This guy truly is a genius when it comes to weaving the tales.

Sorry RF for going off topic. Your name inspires that in me.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Randall Flagg

Interesting that you happen to have 666 points at this moment.

M O O N - that spells evil

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join