It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Crosses Pakistan Border to Raid Terror Camp

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   

U.S. Crosses Pakistan Border to Raid Terror Camp

www.foxnews.com

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan — A senior U.S. military official has acknowledged that American forces conducted a raid inside Pakistan, in the first known foreign ground assault in the country against a suspected Taliban haven.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I think that the U.S. is taking advantage of the frail political situation that Pakistan now founds itself to conduct this operations. Yje flip side to that is that it could make Pakistanis rally against US and then we would really going to have a bad time in Afghanistan.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   
"Terror camp". That needs quotes. Say it is a "terror camp" and you can bomb anyone freely, convenient.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

Why don't you go over to Pakistan/Afghanistan and help make sure that we don't get the wrong people then, huh? It's just not that easy when the enemy infiltrates the civilian population and uses fear and intimidation against said population for counter- intelligence purposes (against us).
The fact is that these camps do exist and we need to take them out to ensure the safety of our soldiers over there. Do you expect them to just walk up to the compound and knock on the door politely?

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I posted this in:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Pakistan have responded negatively unsurprisingly.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   

The fact is that these camps do exist and we need to take them out to ensure the safety of our soldiers over there. Do you expect them to just walk up to the compound and knock on the door politely?

Really? So you've been there then and know that they attacked a terrorist camp? I'm still amazed that people are so willing to blindly accept what these crooks tell us.

I just read about this and almost spit juice all over my monitor. That's awfully...what's the word I'm looking for? Unbelievable that we've gotten to the point where we think we can just stroll into any country we want and attack whomever we want with or without permission. It's these kinds of situations that cause situations like 9/11. Provided we didn't do it to ourselves, obviously.

[edit on 9/5/08 by Malynn]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malynn

Really? So you've been there then and know that they attacked a terrorist camp? I'm still amazed that people are so willing to blindly accept what these crooks tell us.

And what "amazes" me is that people are so willing to disbelieve anything the "crooks" tell us. Like the US is just tooling along, looking for civilians to shoot.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malynn
I just read about this and almost spit juice all over my monitor. That's awfully...what's the word I'm looking for? Unbelievable that we've gotten to the point where we think we can just stroll into any country we want and attack whomever we want with or without permission. It's these kinds of situations that cause situations like 9/11. Provided we didn't do it to ourselves, obviously.

You think it will change? Obama said he'd attack camps in Pakistan!

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
What does Obama have to do with anything? I wouldn't vote for any of the candidates running including Ron Paul or anyone else. I don't have time for theater or rigged elections where the same team is running both sides.

I'm not here talking about political candidates I'm here talking about what happened.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
So is this a late post or what?

Pakistan said they would retalliate if we cross their borders again...

Here is a post by another user about the people The Taliban just killed

Do yall also beleive that people should go over there with Camera in hand and die for yall... for proof that there are Islam Extremists over there?

The sad truth is that there are Christian and Islam Extremists. ALL waiting for the appoclyptic end of civilization as we know it. If you plot Billions of people against each other and drill it in their heads ( like religious organizations do... un knowingly) OF COURSE THEY WILL HATE THE OTHER. They are both False Religions with the same Seed. Christian Churches should be ashamed of themselves for twisiting Christs Teachings to serve their own agenda. Christ is not what Christians Follow, they follow the church. Dont confuse the two.

Anyways my point is this. You have this war which is really being fought over Greed and Religion... It is unneccessary all together. WHY in the world...ARE WE FIGHTING for OIL? We are destroying the planet with our appetite and we have enough oil reserves to last long enough to get the working technology of clean energy vehicles and power production facilities to get going. This whole mess stinks. AND just think. We are about to elect another OIL influenced President into office. Its too bad everything is rigged.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
pakistan says it will retaliate, with what. America can do anything they want. there is no point in get your nickers in a twist cause at the end of the day there is nothing you or i can do about it. they will go in and bomd the hell out of whoever they want when they want. and all pakistan can do is put on a brave face.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
And Yet ANOTHER post about Pakistan.

It seems that something is going on in our Administration

www.abovetopsecret.com...&addstar=1&on=4957004#pid4957004

In this article they are ratting on President Bush and his approval of the Pakistani Raids

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by AmbroseRokewood

Yeah, we could actually have the last laugh on the Pakistanis. All those Billions we gave them for military aid is sitting in Mushareff's swiss bank account now and they'll all have to share one gun and re-use the ammunition if they try to stop us.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
This is simply a result of the infinite possibilities when we declared war on "Terror" - an ill-defined, non-specific, all encompassing tag that allows the government to posture itself on the make believe moral high ground to do whatever it is they want to do.

What makes a camp a "terror" camp? There are terrorists there? Presumptively that means these are people who have committed acts of terror, no?

Or is it more likely that there are fundamentalist Islamic militants there that 'could' perpetrate acts of terror, and we are preemptively killing them?

This is why national sovereignty is trying to be erased. So the establishment can exercise military options without the need for pesky annoyances like asking permission to have our armed troops sent into places to kill people.

Oh wait! Did they 'capture' anyone? Perhaps I spoke too soon.

President Bush said that if you harbor terrorist your a terrorist yourself - regarding countries that might not be willing to accept his crusade. Does that mean Pakistan is now a 'terrorist' country? Like Iraq was?

Our Commander in Chief has no regard for law or due process. And the military is just the tool. Don't blame them, it's our fault for not jailing the criminal regime that overthrew the American government decades ago (with the help of the global elite, the celebrity politicos, and the media/disinfo machine that is their primary weapon against humanity.)

[edit on 11-9-2008 by Maxmars]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

This thread isn't about Obama. It is about a military incursion in to Pakistan which has already threatened to retaliate if we do something to infringe on their sovereignty any further.

Please stop trying to bait people..We call that trolling.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I think it testifys of a limitless amount of arrogance to state the US can do whatever it wants to without fear of retaliation of some form.

The US has gone through considerable efforts to ensure they did not lose their powerbase in Pakistan, because it is so vital for their operations in Afghanistan.. is that all irellevant now then ?

How many countrys do you think the US can survive opening fronts in anyway ?

Iraq.. Afghanistan.. soon maybe Iran, and Pakistan ?

and I feel it would only create a snowball effect.. countrys which are now actively allied with the US might think the better of taking on the world, and countrys which have remained neutral might tip over to oppose the US.

No action takes place without some sort of reaction.

Every person killed has familys who mourn.. and start to hate the ones who took their loved ones.. no matter if they're American or Muslim or Hindu or Eskimo for that matter.

Live by the sword and all that..

new topics

top topics

join