It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taliban attack mosque kills 25 in Pakistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Taliban attack mosque kills 25 in Pakistan

www.longwarjournal.org

The Taliban attacked a mosque filled with Ramadan worshippers in northwestern Pakistan, killing 25 and wounding more than 50. The attack came just one month after local tribes began to organize against the extremist group.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
But the war on terror doesnt exist,its a scam by Bush!Wake up America.

www.longwarjournal.org

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Why aren't there demonstrations in the streets?

Why don't they burn OBL in effigy?

Oh that's right, if you organize a demonstration, Taliban will drive a truck bomb into it.

It's much easier to demonstrate against the US because they killed some more Taliban.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I'd really like the new president of Pakistan to start clamping down on the policies regarding the violence that the Taliban seems to be striking up in the tribal areas between Pakistan and Afghanistan. The U.S. crossed the border last week to try and stamp out some of the instigationary factions and now Pakistan is whining about it. If Pakistan would take a stronger stance on instability, this may not be so prevelant in the Region.

I think we need to say "Do it or we will!" a little more forcefully. The fact that local groups are taking up arms to quell this type of violence says that the government hasn't done enough.

Pakistan needs to step up still.

Cuhail

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Justice11

But the war on terror doesnt exist,its a scam by Bush!Wake up America.

www.longwarjournal.org

What are you saying? Do you mean the whole war on terror is not real, that there are no terrorists? The war on terror is a war for oil in my opinion. There are terrorists and the problem with them is that our execution in the knocking down of Islamic Jihad is not helping to stiffle sympathies towards them. It sounds like AQ is on the run now but I do not know if that is manufactured in order to turn the focus to Iran.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
A "Taliban attack mosque?" You mean like when Tesco used those giant Tesco Express attack machines to conquer Denmark? I didn't think the Taliban possessed technological capabilities such as those yet.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Cadbury

Are you seriously asking if the Taliban used an "Attack Mosque"? Is this really the post you consider to be of "substance"? Is this furthering the thread? Advancing it?

Thanks, really. You've made an impact.

Cuhail

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuhail
Are you seriously asking if the Taliban used an "Attack Mosque"?

Yes.

Is this really the post you consider to be of "substance"? Is this furthering the thread? Advancing it?

Depends on who you ask, wouldn't you say?

Thanks, really. You've made an impact.

Cuhail

Kindly, Sir.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Okay, here we go.

I, personally, have never heard of an "Attack Mosque", so, no, I don't think it's the same as your Tesco device.

I was asking you.

Uhhhh....yeah.

------------------------------------------------------------

What can you tell us about "Attack Mosques"? I have to assume (right?) that you know more about them than I do. I could put meaning behind the name myself and conjure up images of a mosque that pushes it's following to attack civvies, but, I'm looking forward to your description.

Contribute more.
Please.

Cuhail

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Okay, here we go.

I, personally, have never heard of an "Attack Mosque", so, no, I don't think it's the same as your Tesco device.

I was asking you.

That's what the title says, isn't it? It just reminds of the war between Tesco and Denmark. That is all.

Uhhhh....yeah.

------------------------------------------------------------

Giant codeine spiders.

What can you tell us about "Attack Mosques"? I have to assume (right?) that you know more about them than I do. I could put meaning behind the name myself and conjure up images of a mosque that pushes it's following to attack civvies, but, I'm looking forward to your description.

Contribute more.
Please.

Cuhail

Thank you.

[edit on 11-9-2008 by Cadbury]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Okay Cadbury, since YOU won't elaborate more than a silly youtube video, I was forced to try and figure out how you relate Tesco to The War on Terror.

Tesco: Answers.com

Tesco Express stores are neighbourhood convenience shops, stocking mainly food with an emphasis on higher-margin products (due to lack of economies of scale) alongside everyday essentials. They are found in busy city centre districts and small shopping precincts in residential areas, and on petrol station forecourts. There were 654 stores at 25 February 2006 year end, with a typical size of 190 m² (2,100 sq ft).

(sigh) No Cadbury, it's NOT like Tesco invading Denmark with automated tellers. It has nothing to do with the War on Terror, nor, the Taliban.

for your weak attempt at humor.

Cuhail

[edit on 9/11/2008 by Cuhail]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Okay Cadbury, since YOU won't elaborate more than a silly youtube video, I was forced to try and figure out how you relate Tesco to The War on Terror.

They illegally employ Afghan and Iraqi slaves shipped in from Cuba, as part of a secretive trade negotiation.. And that "silly youtube video" was actually real, Sir. What kind of subject matter expert are you, anyhow?

Tesco: Answers.com

Tesco Express stores are neighbourhood convenience shops, stocking mainly food with an emphasis on higher-margin products (due to lack of economies of scale) alongside everyday essentials. They are found in busy city centre districts and small shopping precincts in residential areas, and on petrol station forecourts. There were 654 stores at 25 February 2006 year end, with a typical size of 190 m² (2,100 sq ft).

Indubitably, my good Watson. Except the figure for store numbers is incredibly inaccurate. There are over 700 Tesco retail outlets in my small area alone.

(sigh) No Cadbury, it's NOT like Tesco invading Denmark with automated tellers. It has nothing to do with the War on Terror, nor, the Taliban.

Yes it is. How would you know, anyway? You had to ask a website what a Tesco was. The title of this thread is "Taliban attack mosque kills 25 in Pakistan." I was merely asking if the Taliban actually had that kind of technology presently. Nothing more, nothing less.

for your weak attempt at humor.

Cuhail

I was (and still am) being serious.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
THANK you! (I mean it
) I didn't know how you were tying Tesco into it and I'm sorry it took two stupid posts from both of us to get there. I didn't watch the YouTube video for the simple reason of I am on dial-up and 90% of the time, it's so not worth the two hour download time to watch a 20:00 video. I rely on the unwritten rule of "describe the video you submit".

Again, thank you for clearing that up. THAT'S what I meant by:

Contribute more.
Please.

[EDIT--->]We don't have Tesco in Chicago, either, so that is why I'm unfamiliar with it.

I didn't want to spar with you on it, I wanted you to supply more information than the YouTube video.
I did do a few searches on Tesco and the source I quoted seemed the most direct. There wasn't much concerning their connection to Denmark other than the videos.

Oh yeah, and thanks for the FSME nut shot. That was classy.

So, good post, man. That's what the thread needed. What do ya have other than the YouTube vid because it's not enough to bust my balls over with such vigor. Is there any other evidence to show concerning the Tesco/Afghan/Cuba theory?

(Turning on the air conditioning)
Cuhail

[edit on 9/11/2008 by Cuhail] To clean up code

[edit on 9/11/2008 by Cuhail] To add the [EDIT] line

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
this really should surprise nobody, most of the afghan clans in that area view both sides of the border as afghan territory and most of the newer taliban arent the same as the ones who we declared war on in 2002, these taliban are regular villagers who just want us to leave so they can focus on "retaking" afghan lands across the border and reuniting their clans.

new topics

top topics

join