It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oops! A live microphone and wellknown Repub. shares opinion of Palin.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

I would have to say yes. It is disheartening to hear the bull they try to pass off as truths. In reality this happens far too often and is disgustingly partisan. Now it does come from both sides. These people are not saying what they believe to try to make their party look better.? It makes them look worse.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I just finished watching Palin's speech. It was totally bogus but they ate it right up. As they will... God forbid a Democrat become president.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by vor78

Things can get lost in translation a bit but not by much... of course she's back peddling. She basically opened mouth and inserted both feet. I'm blushing for her. Grow some balls lady and say what you feel and hell with what your "party" thinks. Ugly.

Thanks vor78 for posting this.

[edit on 3-9-2008 by anyone]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by mabus325

That was coming from a man who wanted to win. I am not surprised at all. Biden says it like he feels it at the time. Better than lies. I like Biden well enough but I wish it had been Richardson. You win some you lose some.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I also agree that it sounded staged. Someone from production had to have noticed and should have scrambled faster to something else, unless they, like myself, just thought it was hilarious.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by vor78
Let me ask you a question: Which is worse...a Republican political hack questioning the choice of Palin or the Dems own VP candidate from 2000 skewering Obama on national television last night?

[edit on 3-9-2008 by vor78]

Who still cares what Turncoat Lieberman thinks? His loyalties change with the popular tide and he will abandon anyone the second he sees a more juicy steak on another plate. Do you really care what he had to say about anyone? If Obama wins, I bet good ol' Joe becomes a Democrat sans independant again.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   
It is a thread like this that makes me bow to the awe-inspiring retardation of non-issue political e-fights.

Some people didn't realize the mics were on and voiced their actual opinions on the subject, rather than the teleprompter. It happens all the time, but usually involves sexual comments or black jokes.

Geez, some political people got caught talking politics in public and the membership here practically has an anurism.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I can’t believe you people!

All you do is whine cry and moan day in and day out that the New World Order is taking over the globe. And yet here is your chance to FINALLY get a person in office in Paulin who is NOT part of the establishment and who WILL fight against it!

Have you forgotten that McCain was all but ostracized from the Republican party for the last few years! He was the only republican who spoke against GW Bush. The fact that these too elitists hack job journalists agree that Paulin “Hasn’t paid her dues yet” all but proves that the reason that the media doesn’t like her is because she isn’t Owned by Them!

Paulin’s approval rating in her home state is untouchable! The liberal media doesn’t like Paulin because she doesn’t give damn about doing what they demand! They know that she will do what “We Want” and not what “They Want”.

You people here constantly complain that the Mainstream News Media is completely controlled by the Bilderbergers and yet when they don’t like someone you stupidly listen to them! The fact that the controlled liberal media Doesn’t like Paulin is all the reason you need enough to vote for her.

The news media didn’t give Ron Paul a chance in hell, and now they have no choice but to deal with another free-thinking, true American and they just can’t stand it.

Paulin and McCain are “Exactly” who we need in the White House this time around. Don’t let the news media try to tell you different. That is unless you really DO want the Bilderbergers to control the world!

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet
Obama is neither left or right, but a radical. Farther left than any current Democratic Senator in Congress.

I refuse to believe that you'd keep parroting this falsehood after so much proof has been provided otherwise. In fact, you posted 3rd in a thread debunking this nonsense.

So I have to assume you are doing a little Hitleresque move about a lie being repeated often enough.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There, see, he's actually the 43rd most liberal. Take your nonsense to a website full of morons where they might actually believe, ATS doesn't work that way.

Radical = dangerous for the Republic. Big government and huge taxes - something the Constitution was meant to protect against (large government).

Excuse you? That's exactly what we have right now. But somehow a vote for the president's whipping boy will change that though, right?

Obama will reverse what the Constitution stands for.

That's already done, we need someone to put it back.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by anyone
reply to post by jam321

Mike Murphy and Peggy Noonan. I would say they are pretty well known, they are on all the time, and Murphy helped McCain in previous campaigns.

Peggy Noonan was Reagan's best speech writer. She was, and is, a died-in-the-woll, 100% Reagan conservative. I guess the latest trend is to use the word "liberal" as an epithet for anyone who disagrees with you, even if you don't know squat about their politics.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Sarah Palin gave one of the best speeches I have heard during this entire campaign. We have someone who is outside the mainstream of Washington, someone who has firm beliefs and stands by them, a person who can kick some serious butt if she has too. (And she has already done so in her home state.)
Peggy Noonan is IN the Washington mainstream, so what do you expect? She is a great speech writer, but speeches are reviewed and often re-written by the person who is giving it. (Reagan re-wrote quite a few of Noonan's speeches to make 100% sure the speech said what he intended to say.) This whole exchange sounds like sour grapes to me.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by anyone

A great catch!
But surprising, no, not in the least. This is politics, the only industry that requires all participants to yield a warm smile, an ambiguous retort and a sharp dagger in their left hand. Sure these schmucks will say this kind of thing today off camera, tomorrow they’ll love Palin, really they will, no, really, really. Everybody has an opinion, that’s what politics is, a mass of opinions, most of which doesn’t really matter.
Gotta love it though, goes up there with Rev. Jackson and many others.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by anyone
The transcipt:

Chuck Todd: Mike Murphy, lots of free advice, we'll see if Steve Schmidt and the boys were watching. We'll find out on your blackberry. Tonight voters will get their chance to hear from Sarah Palin and she will get the chance to show voters she's the right woman for the job Up next, one man who's already convinced and he'll us why Gov. Jon Huntsman. (cut away)

Peggy Noonan: Yeah.

Mike Murphy: You know, because I come out of the blue swing state governor world: Engler, Whitman, Tommy Thompson, Mitt Romney, Jeb Bush. I mean, these guys -- this is how you win a Texas race, just run it up. And it's not gonna work. And --

PN: It's over.

MM: Still McCain can give a version of the Lieberman speech to do himself some good.

CT: I also think the Palin pick is insulting to Kay Bailey Hutchinson, too. PN: Saw Kay this morning.

CT: Yeah, she's never looked comfortable about this --

MM: They're all bummed out.

CT: Yeah, I mean is she really the most qualified woman they could have turned to?

PN: The most qualified? No! I think they went for this -- excuse me-- political bull# about narratives --

CT: Yeah they went to a narrative.

MM: I totally agree.

PN: Every time the Republicans do that, because that's not where they live and it's not what they're good at, they blow it.

MM: You know what's really the worst thing about it? The greatness of McCain is no cynicism, and this is cynical.

CT: This is cynical, and as you called it, gimmicky.

MM: Yeah.

Ouch this can't be good for McCain.

edited to read easier

link to source -Talking Points Memo

Actually I think it is GREAT for McCain, shows you how "in the Tank the MSM is for Obama."

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
How is it this forum trashes the MSM, except for its LOVE for Obama?

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
It was a great find OP. I absolutely love the "didnt know the mic was still on commentaries." Its the only truth you will ever hear out of most political sorts mouths.

I saw Palin's speech last night. One thing that struck me, about all the speakers, was how much they reminded me of kindergarten teachers. The speeches were very simplistic, with virtually no detail aside from hitting the "key words" or "key concepts" and lots of chanting of the key words in response from the crowd.

Their speaking seems designed to hit emotional hot spots, and they really dont even try to introduce reason into the mix.

"9-11...blah blah blah......religion......blah blah blah..... drilling for oil...blah blah blah.....terrorists...blah blah blah.......values.....blah blah .....big government....blah .......higher taxes..... blah.........government spending....blah blah.... GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!! [cheer...USA USA USA!]

I guess its brilliant if it moves the target audience, and it did seem to do that.

Edit to add,

In all fairness, I could do the same sort of summary with a Democratic speech, but the quality of the speech surrounding the talking points is just generally better, and the hitting of the "talking points" a little less in your face.

[edit on 4-9-2008 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
this is great...a V.P. canidate that was a mayor of a town with 7,000 people. here in california we have high schools that big, and this is her qualification for running the united states???? HAHAHA!!!!! and the governor of alaska with a population of 670,000, in office for 20 months is her executive leadership ability???? are you kidding me???...that is the size of one of the buroughs in new york city!!! yeah...great pick!!!! HAHAHA

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Ha ha, thats funny, "You have weak sauce!" Yes! I love it!

All this is, is a couple pundits butt hurt over having a Dark Horse on the ballot.

I think McCain was clever with his pick. It might look gimicky, hell it could be, but, Palin looks good on TV, and MSM eats that up. Cant win an election without Media.

She's got the "Hillary" thing going, meaning she has the strong female vote to back her up, and I think it will work. I though Obama had it wrapped up until McCain came out with Palin, now I'm thiinking the vote will lean Republican now.

Hell, I'd like to see a woman in the WH just not Hillary. Thank the gods.

[edit on 4-9-2008 by Springheel Jack]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
governor of alaska with a population of 670,000, in office for 20 months is her executive leadership ability???? are you kidding me???...that is the size of one of the buroughs in new york city!!! yeah...great pick!!!! HAHAHA

If you split Alaska in two, Texas would be the third largest state...........So whats your point?

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springheel Jack

She's got the "Hillary" thing going, meaning she has the strong female vote to back her up, and I think it will work. I though Obama had it wrapped up until McCain came out with Palin, now I'm thiinking the vote will lean Republican now.

[edit on 4-9-2008 by Springheel Jack]

I disagree. She has the conservative female vote, but heck, they would have had that no matter who they ran as VP. Male or female.

The question is, can the fact that she has a uterus sway the liberal female vote away from Obama because they are disappointed that Hillary didnt get the nod. I dont think so. BIG difference between between the two women on ideological issues, and Palin is against a lot of things the women who most fervently supported Hillary are for.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by 38181

Originally posted by jimmyx
governor of alaska with a population of 670,000, in office for 20 months is her executive leadership ability???? are you kidding me???...that is the size of one of the buroughs in new york city!!! yeah...great pick!!!! HAHAHA

If you split Alaska in two, Texas would be the third largest state...........So whats your point?

ok... i'll bite... running the country of america is hard enough even for seasoned politicians. the wealthy and powerful in washington (besides the elected officials) will eat her for lunch. i want a president who at least knows how to work in that type of enviorment, who has a clue how to get things done on such a massive scale.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join