It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oops! A live microphone and wellknown Repub. shares opinion of Palin.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess

Hey I am ALL FOR female leaders in ANY seat we can get them in, but voting for McCain just to get a woman in the VP seat is not worth it at all.

I whole heartily agree. I just don't see her to be that leader.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Read Peggy Noonan's article *today* in the Wall Street Journal:

A Clear and Present Danger to the American Left

I'll let you guys read it without excerpts, but clearly, it is not an anti-Palin piece. It lays out the risks for McCain, but focuses on why this selection frightens the left so much and why they're throwing the kitchen sink at her. Interesting contrast, but I am not entirely sure what to make of it.

But check out this from MSNBC regarding Mike Murphy:

Article

Other Murphy clients include the successful gubernatorial races of Jeb Bush, Mitt Romney, John Engler, Tommy Thompson, Christie Whitman, Dirk Kempthorne and Terry Branstad...

At least on Murphy, the picture suddenly becomes much clearer. All of the people he mentioned in that discussion? They're all clients of Mike Murphy! He has worked for McCain in the past, no doubt, but the fact that all of the 'alternatives' mentioned by Murphy just so happen to be current or past clients of his should send up a neon flashing red flag.

[edit on 3-9-2008 by vor78]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by anyone

are people denying this, somehow???

I watched it myself.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I think it is freaking hilarious when politicians get tripped up like this. There oughta be hidden mikes everywhere to capture more of these thoughts they have. Maybe then they would understand why we don't want Big Brother listening in on our conversations.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
WOW! A political analyst, a former Reagan speechwriter and newspaper columnist, and a political consultant all together on the "All Obama Network" say they don't like McCain's VP choice! Now this is earth shattering, to say the least!

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
to me this sounds staged! is there a better way to voice a strong "opinion" to sway public approval over a major news feed, than to have a "goof-up" on live TV that airs for over a minute? how convenient!

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
liberals or conservatives, I look at myself as neutral. I liked Obama's Biden pick, however i would have loved for him to have picked Jim Webb, mainly because of his military experience. If i were to vote for McCain (which I'm not) I would have liked him to have picked a better vice president. Let's look at the facts here, John McCain has one foot in the grave, he's old and there's a chance of him dying in office. Do you really want this lady as president? Someone who let's really admit it, is just a ploy to get the conservative vote (which admit it, McCain needs) and to get the woman vote discontent with Hillary's dismissal. He should have picked Lieberman in my honest opinion, would have gotten the conservative democrats behind him.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   

John McCain has one foot in the grave, he's old and there's a chance of him dying in office. Do you really want this lady as president?

Obama is neither left or right, but a radical. Farther left than any current Democratic Senator in Congress.

Radical = dangerous for the Republic. Big government and huge taxes - something the Constitution was meant to protect against (large government).

Obama will reverse what the Constitution stands for.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by anyone
reply to post by Fathom

These aren't libs. That's the point.

Exactly.

I guess a non-liberal criticizing McCain's unusal pick is something most conservatives can't...fathom.

Everyone that criticizes a republican isn't a raving lunatic liberal yet that is always the deflection tactic. In reality there are many conservatives displeased with both McCain and Bush. I know a few personally.

Anyway great find. Just goes to show how the apprehension isn't one-sided.
This pick doesn't seal the deal for McCain at all.

- Lee

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Here is a well known democrat about his feelings on Obama being President.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dronetek
I've never heard of the guy till he got on to MSNBC...

And that has what to do with the price of tea in China?

The point is there are members within the republican party that are not happy with McCain's pick. There are many individuals within that party and a lot of strong opinions. I doubt the whole group of either party agrees on every decision one makes. Look at Lieberman for goodness sake.

Murphy has worked with many important figures within the republican party.
Trust me...he is well known by many:

Michael Ellis "Mike" Murphy (born 1962) is a Republican political consultant.[1] He has advised such nationally prominent Republicans as John McCain, Jeb Bush, John Engler, Tommy Thompson, Christie Whitman, Lamar Alexander, and Arnold Schwarzenegger. He was, until January 2006, an adviser to Mitt Romney, the Governor of Massachusetts and an about-to-become candidate for the Republican presidential nomination for the 2008 presidential election. He stepped down as a result of his role as chief strategist to Governor Romney as well as Senator McCain, who were both widely expected to be Republican challengers in the primaries of the 2008 Presidential election. Wiki

My bolds

I am going to just assume you have not lived under a rock and know who Peggy Noonan is.

- Lee

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Peggy Noonan is claiming that her statement was taken out of context and denies that she was referring to the McCain campaign as being 'over'.

Article

Make of it what you will.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
In case everyone forgot already, there was a whole bunch of people in the running for the VP slot and only one could get it.

Some people got their toes stepped on or their favorite politician didn't get the call.

So, what!

Sarah Palin Changed Her Mind on Key Issue 10 Years Ago!

Sarah Palin's Daughter: First Conservative's Daughter Who Went Too Far Too Soon!

Has-Been Pundit Disagrees with McCain's Choice of Running Mate!

Big Deal.

[edit on 2008/9/3 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mabus325

What Peggy Noonan says is more damaging to John McCain, she calls him Cynical (wikipedia)

cynicism generally describes the opinions of those who see self-interest as the primary motive of human behaviour, and who disincline to rely upon sincerity, human virtue, or altruism as motivations.

Thats the last thing anybody is looking for in a Commander in Cheif, and also describes his choice as gimmicky, which I interpret as pandering for women and evangelical votes, which also I don't believe im the only person thinking he is someone who is trying to win an election and not using the best judgement as a governing decision.

Election first should be his new motto

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I will say this for the McCain caimpaign they picked a very good scapegoat once the TPTB choose Obama over him,they can place the blame on Palin since we all know this won't be mr.POW's fault.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   

reply to post by Fathom

a big plus for McCain. This just verifies McCain is a Maverick(an independent), not a regular country club Republicans. The VP choice does makes sense, Ms. Palin herself is a Maverick.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
The utter ignorance of some of our "conservative" commenters on this thread are beyond the pale. Peggy Noonan is not some washed up bitter has been, nor is she is liberal (I feel certain she would eviscerate you if you said that to her face). She is part of the vanguard of conservative editorialists and political movers, like Richard Viguerie, Phyllis Shalafly an George Will. (should you not even know who these people are you need to learn yourself a little about the movement you claim to be part of) The fact that on the day her WSJ editorial defending Palin she is caught saying pretty vicious stuff off camera is stunning. It goes to show the divide among the non-kool aid drinking conservatives on this pick.
Mike Murphy is a Republican analog to James Carville but with half the personality. But is conservative to the core.
Please do yourselves a favor and go a little beyond the Freeper websites, NRO's the corner and Instapundit for your information.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by coolieno99

reply to post by Fathom

a big plus for McCain. This just verifies McCain is a Maverick(an independent), not a regular country club Republicans. The VP choice does makes sense, Ms. Palin herself is a Maverick.

The polls today think differently

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by adrenochrome
to me this sounds staged! is there a better way to voice a strong "opinion" to sway public approval over a major news feed, than to have a "goof-up" on live TV that airs for over a minute? how convenient!

That is what I'm thinking. I could understand it goofing up for a couple of seconds, but for THAT long? Why? Wasn't anybody watching the television monitors to catch this?

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
The OP completely supports the spirit of the comment/link in my signature. Otherwise good and decent people are lying with regard to their approval and support of Palin. Are the neo-con PTB that powerful?

The GOP has gone with the "narrative" strategy, because that's all they have left. Why else would Palin consent to exploit her children and then have Cindy McCain be photo-op-ed right next to them during the convention? ...Not to mention flying the poor boyfriend in from Alaska.

It's disgusting and outrageous and the Republicans have the nerve to call Dems on the carpet about this debacle!

I sincerely hope for Palin's sake that she does well tonight, so she can regain some of the personal dignity that the Republicans have stolen from her.

Edit it add: No big surprise...now Cindy is holding the baby. Say cheese baby, the cameras are on.

[edit on 3/9/2008 by kosmicjack]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join