Oops! A live microphone and wellknown Repub. shares opinion of Palin.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+20 more 
posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   

It isn't just Dems. who question McCain's choice in Palin.

How embarrassing.

Mod Edit: BB Code.

[edit on 3/9/2008 by Mirthful Me]

[edit on 3-9-2008 by anyone]

link to vid. sorry

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
The transcipt:

Chuck Todd: Mike Murphy, lots of free advice, we'll see if Steve Schmidt and the boys were watching. We'll find out on your blackberry. Tonight voters will get their chance to hear from Sarah Palin and she will get the chance to show voters she's the right woman for the job Up next, one man who's already convinced and he'll us why Gov. Jon Huntsman. (cut away)

Peggy Noonan: Yeah.

Mike Murphy: You know, because I come out of the blue swing state governor world: Engler, Whitman, Tommy Thompson, Mitt Romney, Jeb Bush. I mean, these guys -- this is how you win a Texas race, just run it up. And it's not gonna work. And --

PN: It's over.

MM: Still McCain can give a version of the Lieberman speech to do himself some good.

CT: I also think the Palin pick is insulting to Kay Bailey Hutchinson, too. PN: Saw Kay this morning.

CT: Yeah, she's never looked comfortable about this --

MM: They're all bummed out.

CT: Yeah, I mean is she really the most qualified woman they could have turned to?

PN: The most qualified? No! I think they went for this -- excuse me-- political bull# about narratives --

CT: Yeah they went to a narrative.

MM: I totally agree.

PN: Every time the Republicans do that, because that's not where they live and it's not what they're good at, they blow it.

MM: You know what's really the worst thing about it? The greatness of McCain is no cynicism, and this is cynical.

CT: This is cynical, and as you called it, gimmicky.

MM: Yeah.

Ouch this can't be good for McCain.

edited to read easier

link to source -Talking Points Memo

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
what a surprise a couple of libs on MSNBC (obama tv) talking bad about Palin and McCain...
ho-hum..so whats new?

+21 more 
posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Fathom

These aren't libs. That's the point.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Let me ask you a question: Which is worse...a Republican political hack questioning the choice of Palin or the Dems own VP candidate from 2000 skewering Obama on national television last night?

[edit on 3-9-2008 by vor78]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Lieberman doesn't know what side he's really playing. In my opinion. I think the man kinda has his tail between his legs.
I use to like him too, along with McCain.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
HA! Figures. MSNBC.

BTW I'm sure a lot of people are wondering about his pick.

We will know more tonight, during her speech, as to why he picked her.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by anyone

I think this is simply a case of an old, country club Republican who is pi$$ed that McCain has gone against the grain with this pick and selected an outsider. That's simply my gut feeling about it.

I doubt she's the only one. Its sour grapes, IMO.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I will be watching but I am not expecting much sorry to say. I am a little biased seeing as I already know what my vote will be.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by anyone

Weak sauce. Not much to see here, I'm afraid.

link   
reply to post by vor78

True, I am sure there are a whole lot of people who are pi$$ed and that includes Lieberman. But to say anything negative would just make their party look worse. Sour grapes indeed.

link   
Who are those well known Repubs you are talking about?

I couldn't help but laugh at the free advertisement Ron Paul was getting in the background.....

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Ah come on... It is a little saucy isn't it? And a major whoops!!

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Mike Murphy and Peggy Noonan. I would say they are pretty well known, they are on all the time, and Murphy helped McCain in previous campaigns.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
hahahaha I was JUST having tea right across from the building in the vid picture......that is Salt Lake City's, City & County Building. Beautifull building really.....
I fully AGREE with what the people were saying...because well....its TURE!
very gimmicky move and IMO it REEKS of desperation in reaching out for the 'Woman in the white house crowd'..............shows how desperate the 'pubs' are feeing to do this.....lmae attempt at garnering bigger numbers lol.....

Hey I am ALL FOR female leaders in ANY seat we can get them in, but voting for McCain just to get a woman in the VP seat is not worth it at all.

[edit on 3-9-2008 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by anyone

Ironically, I think that's one of the things that is going to end up helping Palin quite a bit. The media has gone far out of its way to paint her as completely incompetent and they have set the bar very low for her. I would not be surprised if 100 million people see this speech tonight. If she comes out and delivers a strong speech, and I believe she will, its going to be very, very interesting to see the reaction of the average voter.

[edit on 3-9-2008 by vor78]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by anyone

Peggy Noonan wrote speeches for Reagan and Bush 41, could explain the old, country club Republican take on it (I just heard it on TV not more than minute ago from a McCain surrogate) but Mike Murphy was McCain's chief campaign strategist for his 2000 campaign and has been a recent advocate.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by anyone
reply to post by Fathom

These aren't libs. That's the point.

LOL, a "well known republican"? I've never heard of the guy till he got on to MSNBC, a liberal network.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
lol

Open Mic Catches Peggy Noonan, Mike Murphy being blunt on Palin -----

The transcript:
Chuck Todd: Mike Murphy, lots of free advice, we'll see if Steve Schmidt and the boys were watching. We'll find out on your blackberry. Tonight voters will get their chance to hear from Sarah Palin and she will get the chance to show voters she's the right woman for the job Up next, one man who's already convinced and he'll us why Gov. Jon Huntsman.

(cut away)

Peggy Noonan: Yeah.

Mike Murphy: You know, because I come out of the blue swing state governor world: Engler, Whitman, Tommy Thompson, Mitt Romney, Jeb Bush. I mean, these guys -- this is how you win a Texas race, just run it up. And it's not gonna work. And --

PN: It's over.

MM: Still McCain can give a version of the Lieberman speech to do himself some good.

CT: I also think the Palin pick is insulting to Kay Bailey Hutchinson, too.

PN: Saw Kay this morning.

CT: Yeah, she's never looked comfortable about this --

MM: They're all bummed out.

CT: Yeah, I mean is she really the most qualified woman they could have turned to?

PN: The most qualified? No! I think they went for this -- excuse me-- political bull# about narratives --

CT: Yeah they went to a narrative.

MM: I totally agree.

PN: Every time the Republicans do that, because that's not where they live and it's not what they're good at, they blow it.

MM: You know what' sreally the worst thing about it? The greatness of McCain is no cynicism, and this is cynical.

CT: This is cynical, and as you called it, gimmicky.

MM: Yeah.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Dronetek

Well................John Huntsman ia very well known in Utah (of course lol)
He is after all the currently seated Governor.

Let me give a lil background off the top of my head...

...he is UBER UBER rich...because he invented & created those funny styrofoam containers that McDonalds started to use to pack burgers in....then ALL the fast food places started to use them....he owned and ran a manufacturing and distribution plant for the containers.....(he made a friggen INSANE fortune).......
UNTIL he learned they were so terrible for the environment, then he put an IMMEDIATE stop to production. He refused to make ANYTHING that was damaging to the planet, no matter that it was making him crazy money.
Then he opened THE HUNTSMAN CANCER INSTITUTE, very near The Unibersity of Utah research park area....... and they do amazing research at this place, and help people who have no means to pay for the care they need, no biggy John will take care of it for them.....
The Hunstman's put more money into Utah's economy to help people out with Grant's & Scholarship funds, than any other single family......
John Huntsman and his wife have adopted children from poor countries as well as raised they're own blood children.

I am NOT a big republican supporter but in the case of John Huntsman he got my vote. I look at candidates individually and am not 'party blind'

.... well thats WHY you see The City & County Building of Salt Lake City Utah.
He isn't a 'nobody'....he is GENUINELY a man of principles and acts according to them.

[edit on 3-9-2008 by theRiverGoddess]

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join